God Save the Queen!!

Let's not forget that Queen also went in for fixed blades for much of its history.
Here, a very tidy D2 blade in ACSB a useful fishing, filet B&T type knife.

D3DQ0fP.jpg

A trio of Queen made Colonel Coons. The wood on these is extremely attractive in person. F&F on all three is excellent.
Queen CCs.JPG

A pair of 56's in delrin. Note the different blade complement. I suspect the top one was assembled from available parts at the end of days when the barbarians (lawyers) were at the gates :eek:
Queen 56.JPG

Queen made Moore Makers. Nice yellow bone. They're about the size of the Buck 301 and 302. The single blade has a shield on both sides. For engraving I'd guess. Nice knives. I'm partial to the single blade myself.
MMlrgstock-single-1.jpg
MMlrgstock-single-2.jpg

Full size Queen, 5" toothpicks. One has a shield and smooth bone, one is shieldless with jigged bone. Nail nicks are in different places. Same frame, same blade (as far as I can tell). One is a #20 and one is a BB7. Not sure why View attachment 1417658
Nice, well made knives nonetheless :)
QueenToothpickspainting.JPG

After Bill left in 2006 Queen continued to produce very good knives until about 2012, when the quality began a slow decline. In their standard Queen offerings, the cocobolo (2001) were followed by the natural stag bone (2004), then the amber stag bone (2007), then the zebrawood (2010). I've had many from this time frame, and all were very high quality knives.

LA1VTFC.jpg

DD8ZyxW.jpg

WCDXGEr.jpg

2MjkiCy.jpg

59JhcyT.jpg

WhoFqkF.jpg

qlRbeln.jpg

VGilhzm.jpg

UoLooU1.jpg

Question about the wormgroove Wharncliffe: Is that considered a trapper pattern, or...?

I think the knife you are referring to is the third one down in my post #84, and it's a 4½" closed English Jack. In my post #97 the original is also the third photo down, and the big spear was reground into the Wharncliffe by Master Smith Don Hanson III.

Back