1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Going Away Giveaway!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by JTB_5, Jun 8, 2019.

1. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Certainly your posts and companionship will be missed (hopefully just temporarily!). Time is precious, and it's good you've recognized the need to prioritize!
    This place will be here when you can swing by!

A great and generous giveaway! If I win, please give to @JohnDF

Best wishes in all your efforts!

dc50, TFBraden, cigarrodog and 2 others like this.
  2. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Thanks for the time and GA and great decision in your life!! If I win I will pass these treasures along to deserving members!!

dc50, Eli Chaps, meako and 8 others like this.
  3. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    I'd love to be included My son and are really gaining a appreciation for traditional
    Knives and the porch has been a great source!! Best or luck on your new journey

meako, TFBraden, JTB_5 and 1 other person like this.
  4. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I am honored, Dennis. And thank you for your friendship. :)

5. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    I give you a big ol' forum high five! Any choice that gives priority to family is a good one. :thumbsup:
    Drop in and say hi, when the time is right.
    I would like to throw my hat in the ring for a chance.
    Thanks for your generosity.

tmd_87, TFBraden, cigarrodog and 3 others like this.
  6. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    It's been a pleasure Joshua and you will be missed here on the porch. Your reasoning is rock solid. I wish you God's speed my friend. I also would like to enter for GT (5K QS). Thank you.

OLd_gUY, meako, tmd_87 and 5 others like this.
  7. Edm1

Edm1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2013
    I’d like to have a chance to win. I have a few Boy Scouts that would appreciate these.

8. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Count me in on this generous giveaway!

Like you, I have been thinking a lot about the time I spend online, and have slowly been cutting back. I used to frequent a number of knife/gun/hiking forums, but I have whittled it down to the porch with only an occasional glance at a hiking forum. You are correct, time with family is far more important than anything else.

TFBraden and JTB_5 like this.
  9. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Your presence will be missed, Joshua. There are no higher priorities than God and family, so I can understand your position.

If I win I nominate Dwight (Fodderwing) to receive the knives.

10. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

May 10, 2017
    It's always a good choice to spend time with family when you can. I hope you find the peace and happiness you seek.

I'd love to be in on this very generous giveaway. Thank you for the chance.

JTB_5 and TFBraden like this.
  11. Norcaldude

Norcaldude Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2014
    I'm in too, thanks for your generosity!

JTB_5 and TFBraden like this.
  12. abbydaddy

abbydaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2014
    You will certainly be missed around here. Your presence has been a boon to the forum.

I always feel like I should abstain from the GAWs, since I have had more good luck than anyone deserves, but I have to be in for this one. I know someone for whom that White Owl would be perfect. The Scout would be a great prize to have in my annual scout knife GAW. And of course I want that lambsfoot for myself.

So I am in.

Sorry that you feel the need to take some time and space away, but I understand your choice. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that you will always be welcomed back to the porch.

OLd_gUY, t.willy, Fodderwing and 4 others like this.
  13. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I am in, thank you! Spend some time with your family but come back to visit us:)

TFBraden and JTB_5 like this.
  14. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Priorities, it's always priorities in everything we choose to do, be it what we eat or drink...maybe too much or the wrong stuff...or knives that we really don't 'need' but want.

Good on you for seeing this and attempting to straighten out your path ;)

And the Lamb's foot would be cool to, so yes, I am in and thank you for the opportunity!
    G2

15. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Joshua I am in! But...two of my favorite quick sayings. Family over everything and family first! You will be missed but I hope to see you around!!!

Your friend, Taylor

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  16. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    I'm in. This is a subliminal message. :D;)
    Never-say-never-again-Jamais-plus-jamais.jpg

TFBraden, Prester John, 315 and 3 others like this.
  17. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Good luck my friend!
    I’m in - so I too can pass on to another Traditionalist !
    There will always be room in your life for two or three knives - so keep a favourite few.

18. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Come back anytime.
    Very generous GAW- you could go and take your knives with you!
    I don't dare to enter, because I just won two gaws in one day. If I have any luck left, I want to save it for Publishers Clearing House.
    I nominate @5K Qs .
    @Jolipapa 's post might be the theme for my next gaw: would you rather be killed by Barbara Carerra or Luciana Paluzzi and why.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  19. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Nearly 3,400 posts Joshua @JTB_5 - and you are off with new perspectives and purpose. And to boot, you are starting your "hiatus" (we hope you will at least visit from time to time) from BF with grace and generosity. Nicely done. :thumbsup:

I'm happily in on your GAW. Thanks very much. All the best to you. I'd wish you luck but not necessary - your intent is all you will need.

Ray

20. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    I was thinking of this movie only today...mainly because it has the worst theme song of all the Bond films.
    I totally understand and respect your stance.
    The way you put it is thought provoking. Thats always a good thing. I have lately been thinking along similar lines...do I need so many pocket knives? No of course not...but I like them . Similarly I get pleasure from the porch comradeship in my sparetime ...
    Thanks for the gaw and Im in...please dont be a stranger....tempus fugit.
    Cheers

OLd_gUY, TFBraden, Jolipapa and 2 others like this.