Got any customized Schrades?

Thanks Ikedoc, it nice to have someone on forum who has some very beautiful Schrades i like some of your other Schrades as well.

Re above question on Camera i use and A640 10MP Canon powershot.

I used to use the Macro close up setting setting on it but found I would have to take photo too close and too much to the side of the knife to stop the camera reflecting back off knife in the photo. I now use a chair outside in well lit shade with camera held at chest to hold steady and zoom in close to knife with my back and back of chair toward house. The problem with the camera angle is reduced greatly. Do all that and you should get fantastic photos with a half reasonable camera.

Last edited:
Tim, that Yellowhorse is one fantastic piece, no wonder it's the pride of your LB's!

Ikedoc, you sure won't get any gripes from me re. that 14OT, Roy did a fantastic job, really dresses up an otherwise bland handle (especially the scatched up version). Say, just how many knives were in that box anyway?:D

Eric

Eric
Thanks! Yes, Roy Carter does do some outstanding work! He is not only known for his Custom knives, but is also a very well known Master Muzzle Loader Builder.
I have lots of other Schrade Customs from other Artist's as well . I will post some pics sometimes in the future.
I did not count the Sample Box Knives, I just bought them as a group. I have a lot of Schrades that I kept for myself and wish I could have kept more.

Timstools
Thanks for the tips on the Photos! What I do is pretty much the same as you described. I think what would help me more than anything else would be to get a better camera and learn the buttons and whistles.
I have noticed that you have some Beauties in the Dear Old Schrades as well!

Cheers Regards and Hoo Roo,
Dennis / ikedoc / dwygtd​

Attachments

• Summersales 047.jpg
    Summersales 047.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 24
Here are pics of a 123OT I made for myself some time back.
I kept it pretty simple & basic as it is one I carry & use frequently.

Dale

Here are pics of a 123OT I made for myself some time back.
I kept it pretty simple & basic as it is one I carry & use frequently.

Dale

Dale, That is some beautiful work! I must say; that the stuff I have seen from you and Muskrat Man is right there with the best of them. Keep up the good work!

here is a few dale (orvet has done for me in the past 2 for me 1 as a gift. absoulotly great knives and far more beautiful in person!!!!!! All have great back spring work as well red 61ot single blade by far my favorite. fits the pocket like its supposed to be there. great to show off. +A+A+A+ --Joel
lb5custom.jpg

93OT_stag__mark12.jpg

mark_side_b12.jpg

backspring12.jpg

boy dale, if i had that one in my pocket for a everyday carry i would have the cleanest fingernails around!! (ref--123ot)--------------brady;)

Those are some beauties Joel! Now that is what I call gnarley stag and some red, red bone!

Dale,
I'm with Brady! If the stag you used on my LB3 is half as nice as that, I might have to build a display case just for it! That thing is beautiful! I can see a 124UH heading your way before too long!

Dave

Dale and Joel, those are fantastic!:thumbup::thumbup:

Eric

Hi Dennis Ikedoc i thought that was you as i remember the photos of your knives, not many people have access to those, Id like to see some photos of your De-Holders again sometime. they are maginificent
Regards Tim

Tim, Here are a few of my favorite Schrade / D'Holders.

I picked up 3 more recently that I do not yet have pictures for yet. When I get a chance to snap some pictures I will post them here. The 3 knives are all 1 of 1 Schrade / D'Holder / Yellowhorse / Custom / Prototypes.

Hoo Roo,
Dennis

Attachments

• mycollection 019.jpg
    mycollection 019.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 50
  • mycollection 013.jpg
    mycollection 013.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 40
:eek:what a box full diamonds---beautiful:eek:

are the 2 headed west both prototypes? i know i've never seen one like the bottom one before, but man is that a goodlooking blade design:thumbup:

Thank you all for your most generous comments. I am glad you enjoy them.

Dale,
I'm with Brady! If the stag you used on my LB3 is half as nice as that, I might have to build a display case just for it! That thing is beautiful! I can see a 124UH heading your way before too long!
Dave

Joel’s 897UH and my 123OT as well as Dave’s LB3 are all made with some stag that came from the Henckel’s factory, by way of Charlie. The interesting history on that stag is I knew the guy who got it originally from the factory. He was my Henckel Sales Rep in the 1980s when I managed a cutlery store. He liked to repair pocketknives & got pretty good at it. When he was in Germany at the factory for a sales meeting, they made him a proposition he could not refuse. They stopped making pocketknives around 1960. They did not have a repairman in the USA nor in the factory, however they did have a BUNCH of parts. They asked him if he would like to repair their old slipjoints when people inquired about having an old Henckels fixed. He said, “Sure, but I don’t have the parts.” They said, “We will supply the parts & pay the shipping.” He said they took him to a small room that was jam packed with boxes of parts and said, Pick out what ever you want.” He said there were backsprings, liners, pins, and any type of scales you could imagine. There was stag, bone, various wood scales, and even tortoise.

He picked out so many parts that he said that he would not have been able to afford the shipping on them, if he had to pay it himself. The shipped them all to his house in Washington state. From then on he was the only official Henckels repairman.

I would love to know where the parts went. The guy must be close to 80 now. I doubt he is still repairing knives.

I do have a little bit of the Henckels stag left, and I used some of it on Dave's LB3, which is a work in progress, setting on my bench at this moment. I am anxious to finish them as I think my work has improved a lot since the ones I made for Joel, and even the 123OT of mine.

BTW Dave, I have the spring filework done on your 225H. I haven’t figured what else I am going to do to it yet. If we would stop having such cold snowy weather, maybe I could get my fingers to work right!

Y’all have a Merry Christmas & an Outstanding New Year!

Thanks again for the complements,
Dale

Thank you all for your most generous comments. I am glad you enjoy them.

Joel’s 897UH and my 123OT as well as Dave’s LB3 are all made with some stag that came from the Henckel’s factory, by way of Charlie. The interesting history on that stag is I knew the guy who got it originally from the factory. He was my Henckel Sales Rep in the 1980s when I managed a cutlery store. He liked to repair pocketknives & got pretty good at it. When he was in Germany at the factory for a sales meeting, they made him a proposition he could not refuse. They stopped making pocketknives around 1960. They did not have a repairman in the USA nor in the factory, however they did have a BUNCH of parts. They asked him if he would like to repair their old slipjoints when people inquired about having an old Henckels fixed. He said, “Sure, but I don’t have the parts.” They said, “We will supply the parts & pay the shipping.” He said they took him to a small room that was jam packed with boxes of parts and said, Pick out what ever you want.” He said there were backsprings, liners, pins, and any type of scales you could imagine. There was stag, bone, various wood scales, and even tortoise.

He picked out so many parts that he said that he would not have been able to afford the shipping on them, if he had to pay it himself. The shipped them all to his house in Washington state. From then on he was the only official Henckels repairman.

I would love to know where the parts went. The guy must be close to 80 now. I doubt he is still repairing knives.

I do have a little bit of the Henckels stag left, and I used some of it on Dave's LB3, which is a work in progress, setting on my bench at this moment. I am anxious to finish them as I think my work has improved a lot since the ones I made for Joel, and even the 123OT of mine.

BTW Dave, I have the spring filework done on your 225H. I haven’t figured what else I am going to do to it yet. If we would stop having such cold snowy weather, maybe I could get my fingers to work right!

Y’all have a Merry Christmas & an Outstanding New Year!

Thanks again for the complements,
Dale

GREAT STORY, Dale!! Thanks! And thanks for the update! As I told you before, take your time, I'm in no hurry. Take care of yourself and your hands first.

And have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! And that goes for all of ya, not just Dale!

Dave

here is one of orvets:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
w5rwu

Attachments

• 524-1.jpg
    524-1.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 524-2.jpg
    524-2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 524-3.jpg
    524-3.jpg