• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Got scammed of my DDR knife big time ! No longer stolen !

This is FEEDBACK. If one is going to open a thread discussing someone's character....like happened here...then the character of the person opening the thread very often also comes into discussion.

Happens all the time. Both parties in a GBU thread are discussed.

Sending an empty box? Flipping knives? "Skirting" the membership levels/cost/rules that other dealers here abide by?

All goes to character, and the OP opened the door.

I read GBU, so I understand how the flow of discussion happen. The OP has said more than he should and has lead the topic far off course.

I subbed only to see if an apparent theft of $3000+ has any recourse. If the only resolution is judging the OP's character, that's fine. I can easily unsub. It would be a shame though, as it's more critical to keep this topic on the kid that sent a box to the wrong state and apparently has more people involved in the scam. That's more important IMO than who the OP is.

I've said more than I should here. Carry on.

I agree. We don't need to hear anymore other than how this turns out. I've lost all sympathy. The guy was trading a knife he couldn't sell here with intentions of selling those knives in trade for profit. He did so irrationally and against common sense. He let himself get ripped off by a punk kid. All the while screwing other dealers here by not playing by the rules. Yup. I don't need to hear more.

I read GBU, so I understand how the flow of discussion happen. The OP has said more than he should and has lead the topic far off course.

I couldn't agree more! Unfortunately the OP opened can after can of worms. I don't know if closing this down would help or hurt his case.

A very wise man, I think it was either St Thomas Aquinas or Gandhi said

You have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away, and know when to run.

Wise words indeed.

A very wise man, I think it was either St Thomas Aquinas or Gandhi said

Wise words indeed.

Or Kenny Rogers. 😂

Ironically enough, that song fits very well with this thread. I think it's time for me to fold'em.

I agree. We don't need to hear anymore other than how this turns out. I've lost all sympathy. The guy was trading a knife he couldn't sell here with intentions of selling those knives in trade for profit. He did so irrationally and against common sense. He let himself get ripped off by a punk kid. All the while screwing other dealers here by not playing by the rules. Yup. I don't need to hear more.

Seems a little disingenuous to say he 'let himself' get ripped off. Admittedly, there were red flags in the original deal that shouldn't have been overlooked, but I personally don't feel like he 'deserved' it. Regardless of other issues or perhaps questionable motives on OP's part, the fact is that the kid (or whoever) still STOLE from him.

Anyway, I hope that there is a positive resolution and you can count me among the folks who say the thread should be locked until a real update is warranted on how it turns out. That being said, I'm happy to read whatever gets posted further :D

Then why are you promoting it in your avatar and sig block, and saying you are its CEO in your profile?

9NpX1rV.png

I mean, its ALL stuff you can do with the correct membership. Just get it, then you only have to worry about the whole "empty box" thing.

Don't know what one does about that.

You are such a wanna be detective :rolleyes: maybe one just doesn't sit in front of PC all day and updates all his profiles on all his forums, my FB status is single and guess what I'm not ooohhh. Now you canct trust me anymore. I don't even remember that i have CEO on there lol I will change it soon I promiss.
As far as you I would really appreciate if you would not comment here any more because all you do is Stiring the water and spitting your assumptions I don't really care for amd most people here too don't care for it.Please go be detective somewhere else.

It is probably good Idea that I don't share how is the investigation going because the guy is most definitely reading. And I was advised not to so at this point if you want to know PM me if you was one of the people constructively helping me here I will give you my Facebook and you can ask me on messenger.

Thank you all for your help and for those that came here to boost their ego good luck to you too.
Jan

I feel any issue with the OP's member level should be done via PM and thru mods. Frankly, I don't need any help forming my opinion of the situation or parties involved. I doubt anyone else here does either.

I'm sure everyone realizes the kid is probably reading and laughing at this whole thread. Everyone should let this thread die. Or OP lock it and only update when there's resolution, or no resolution.

Agreed! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Lots of self righteous wanna-be moderators in here today. All these personal attacks on the OP are making it really difficult to keep up with the actual topic.

It is probably good Idea that I don't share how is the investigation going because the guy is most definitely reading. And I was advised not to so at this point if you want to know PM me if you was one of the people constructively helping me here I will give you my Facebook and you can ask me on messenger.

Seriously, please stop responding to stuff outside of your initial topic. Take it to a PM. You've paid for that ability with your membership. Use it.

It's common sense to not forecast your moves here, which you've done to quite an extent. Also, don't provide a step by step event log. The only thing you should update is the outcome, good or bad for you. We should know what happened without PMing you randomly a month or 2 later.

You've recieved enough tips and suggestions to take the ball and run with it yourself. Good luck (and please lock this thread).

You are such a wanna be detective :rolleyes: maybe one just doesn't sit in front of PC all day and updates all his profiles on all his forums, my FB status is single and guess what I'm not ooohhh. Now you canct trust me anymore. I don't even remember that i have CEO on there lol I will change it soon I promiss.
As far as you I would really appreciate if you would not comment here any more because all you do is Stiring the water and spitting your assumptions I don't really care for amd most people here too don't care for it.Please go be detective somewhere else.

Hardly any detective work...just read the thread. Like this stuff:

I just called the XXX XXX XXXX some lady picked up, she asked me if I known what time it is, and than hang up so I will be calling later. My idea is to get positive ID and press charges. While in front of the Judge I should have no problem proving my case

Ok guys this is what is going on so far:

-I did call Robert Reynolds this morning it was to early and some sleepy lady answered me . she was very pissed of that I worked her up, she said Rober wasn't available than hang up.

Sharing his home phone? Hang up calls early in the morning?

coiledwire is giving you great advice. We know little about the other person involved in this "deal." It appears he ripped you off. Its began as a credible story on your part.

But you have chosen to tell us quite a bit about yourself, and it probably would have served you better if you hadn't. And the unfounded accusations made about this person haven't helped either.

"This person scammed me. Here is his name. Be careful. I will let you know what develops." was all you needed to say/do.

Close it down. Seriously. Its a hot mess.

I just want to know whether OP has called the Rio Arriba Sheriff's Office yet to report that the owner of a PO Box in their jurisdiction has apparently stolen his knife? If not, why not?

You know what .. the way you guys rail him over perceived rules violations it so pathetic. Honestly what is your problem . I see this crap
All the time from the same people , You twist and turn stuff just to claim the moral high ground . This guy was guilty of being a little foolish with his property ... that's it . He came for help and let some steam off . Selling a few knives for profit or loss is none of your business . Pointing out rule violations make you look like the snitch kid in high school that gets the shots beat out of him daily . Unbelievable

You know what .. the way you guys rail him over perceived rules violations it so pathetic. Honestly what is your problem . I see this crap
All the time from the same people , You twist and turn stuff just to claim the moral high ground . This guy was guilty of being a little foolish with his property ... that's it . He came for help and let some steam off . Selling a few knives for profit or loss is none of your business . Pointing out rule violations make you look like the snitch kid in high school that gets the shots beat out of him daily . Unbelievable

Couldn't agree more.

This has derailed in multiple directions. Any vets have a good pic for this sort of thing?

I just want to know whether OP has called the Rio Arriba Sheriff's Office yet to report that the owner of a PO Box in their jurisdiction has apparently stolen his knife? If not, why not?

Exactly. This guy kept posting and posting and posting without doing much of anything to help himself. Shared way too much info with not only the community here but the dumb kid who ripped him off. Calling the police and getting some results would have been one of the first things I did before starting a thread.

Who cares about the rules! Forget em! People pay good money to have the privileges they have here but hey, who cares! Seriously?

Edit: I get why you are so upset at the accusation of the OP breaking the dealer/maker rules. You are doing it too! So funny. Nice Sig links BTW.

Last edited:

He makes it our business when he voluntarily shared his business with us. What's being twisted and turned? He is being confronted with his own unadulterated words. You're like an enabling parent whose child never does no wrong, unbelievable.

Time to close this one.

If and when the OP has any updated information then we can revisit the thread.

This knife showed up on IG this week for sale and I let the OP know. If others of you are better at sleuthing out what is going on, feel free to take a gander here:

https://www.instagram.com/davidfreeman3230/

In case the posts disappear, I have a screenshot for you:

IMG_8699.PNG

I hope this type of data doesn't count as "cross forum linking". Just trying to help out.

Last edited:
"davidfreeman3230Selling at a huge discount, LIKE 50% OFF, Darrel Ralph gunnhammer full dress stellite 6k prototype, one out of three ever made. THIS BLADE WAS IN THE COVER OF BLADE MAGAZINE!! SELLING FOR (next post), THIS IS A 3800$ KNIFE, NEED TO GET IT SOLD BECAUSE MY ULTIMATE GRAIL JUST CAME UP FOR SALE "

WOW!!!
Anyone notice who sent the seller a DM??
Isn't that the dip stick that stuck up for Dustin Turpin on a YT vid when DT ripped someone off for a Rolex??

Last edited:
Back