• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Got scammed of my DDR knife big time ! No longer stolen !

Well, if he was gonna send the empty box first, get the other guy's knife, and then actually send the knife he promised, as in rush delivery, overnight.. then i have way more sympathy even though ideally you should have just got out of the entire mess the minute warning bells sounded. I have to ask though, who in the heck trusts a weirdo emo kid that drives a car with floral seat covers and what is obviously his boyfriend int he front passenger seat? At his age I'd expect him to be on a knife FB group drooling over a rainbow colored Mtech, not talking $3,000 knives. This punk didn't buy that Rockstead, no way. More likely, his Dad has him helping part time with the fishing guide thing, and this little weirdo filched some customers knife who brought it along on a dream trip and the poor schlub figured he lost it. Kid probably searches every bag that gets brought on those trips, God only knows how much stuff he swipes. Try that angle with the local law out there. Make sure they know this will be a felony bust with possibly even more stolen property. Wanna bet some of those folks who have "lost" stuff have reported it, for insurance purposes? Make sure you bring that up. Also sounds to me like Daddy, if not condoning, is looking the other way, when a large dose of hand to keister therapy is called for.

Last edited:
After reading 8+ pages of this, I realize that I wouldn't want anything to do with the OP either professionally or personally both in his involvement in the knife community and his modus operandi. However seeing the scammer's picture posted over and over, I don't care if the OP is the unholy spawn of Jared from Quartermaster crossed directly with Strider's stolen valor and named Matrix McLynn Thompson; I really want to see this scammer douche get his comeuppance.

After reading 8+ pages of this, I realize that I wouldn't want anything to do with the OP either professionally or personally both in his involvement in the knife community and his modus operandi. However seeing the scammer's picture posted over and over, I don't care if the OP is the unholy spawn of Jared from Quartermaster crossed directly with Strider's stolen valor and named Matrix McLynn Thompson; I really want to see this scammer douche get his comeuppance.

Quote thread material!!! :D

I'm just curious is it the empty box? Or seling knives with profit?

Last edited:
Geez you guys would have me strung up on a telephone pole with the crap that goes through my head at times . He was being honest .. some people don't like that . None of us have pure thoughts all the time . But I would have blown a gasket if I received a empty box

You knew you were an (idiot) but continued anyway, hahahahaha. Dude you have blown any chance you had of having a respectable rep here. Dumbass.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
SENGVIN,
I whould like to apologize for the idiot and dumbass comments.You did not deserve to have your knife stolen.
Kicking a man when he's down is wrong, i am sorry.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

I have to ask though, who in the heck trusts a weirdo emo kid that drives a car with floral seat covers and what is obviously his boyfriend int he front passenger seat? At his age I'd expect him to be on a knife FB group drooling over a rainbow colored Mtech

Carefull, these types of comments got someone banned a month or so back.

The way I saw it was Rockstead $3000 (maybe) but $2000 for sure the gtc $1800 (maybe) $1200 for sure so (maybe) $4800 but the actual final price that I was calculating would be $3300 if I would get lucky $3800 My knife was worth $3600 so really no big deal here . I usually flip knives with $1000 + profit so this deal wasn't about me being greedy for sure;) .When I bought the DDR (as investment) I was hoping to flip it for double in the future who new Darrel will drive the company down like that.

Also let me give you example of making money on one of my knives. I had knife maker make me knife for $2800 3 years later I was asking 8k and was offered 5k that I didn't take because the knife is too special for me for only 5k. The only reason they didnt buy the knife for 8K was because they already spend 12k on three knives I sold them.

There are years I can make pretty good money selling knives (sadly not on BF) Its almost impossible to sell knife here for over $800 for me but the international market was good to me ( but I will still try from time to time;)). I love BF it's just not my number one source for selling knives and there is nothing wrong with that I still love you guys but saying I was greedy in this case feels like unfair statement to me that's all.

^ This is very interesting to say the least. Thanks for being so candid and sharing this- nobody here doubts your truthfulness.

I hope you have a productive day on you quest getting your knife back.

SENGVIN,
I whould like to apologize for the idiot and dumbass comments.You did not deserve to have your knife stolen.
Kicking a man when he's down is wrong, i am sorry.

^ :thumbup:

It's ok to think these types of thoughts..... ;)

This punk didn't buy that Rockstead, no way. More likely, his Dad has him helping part time with the fishing guide thing, and this little weirdo filched some customers knife who brought it along on a dream trip and the poor schlub figured he lost it. Kid probably searches every bag that gets brought on those trips, God only knows how much stuff he swipes. Try that angle with the local law out there. Make sure they know this will be a felony bust with possibly even more stolen property. Wanna bet some of those folks who have "lost" stuff have reported it, for insurance purposes? Make sure you bring that up. Also sounds to me like Daddy, if not condoning, is looking the other way, when a large dose of hand to keister therapy is called for.

This seems a bit hasty. I definitely would not be contacting the police and giving them a huge made-up theory that has 0 evidence to support any of it. You're making huge leaps of assumptions and speculation.

The way I saw it was Rockstead $3000 (maybe) but $2000 for sure the gtc $1800 (maybe) $1200 for sure so (maybe) $4800 but the actual final price that I was calculating would be $3300 if I would get lucky $3800 My knife was worth $3600 so really no big deal here . I usually flip knives with $1000 + profit so this deal wasn't about me being greedy for sure;) .When I bought the DDR (as investment) I was hoping to flip it for double in the future who new Darrel will drive the company down like that.

Also let me give you example of making money on one of my knives. I had knife maker make me knife for $2800 3 years later I was asking 8k and was offered 5k that I didn't take because the knife is too special for me for only 5k. The only reason they didnt buy the knife for 8K was because they already spend 12k on three knives I sold them.

There are years I can make pretty good money selling knives (sadly not on BF) Its almost impossible to sell knife here for over $800 for me but the international market was good to me ( but I will still try from time to time;)). I love BF it's just not my number one source for selling knives and there is nothing wrong with that I still love you guys but saying I was greedy in this case feels like unfair statement to me that's all.

The kid was stupid scamming me like that I would be able to help him make even more money if he has knives like that we could have been friends and both make money, such a shame.

This is the knife just in case you wondering:

So you are a flipper. Good to know.

OP, I still agree that the punk shouldn't have scammed you, but I grow less and less sympathetic toward you each time you post.

Agreed.

A knife flipper got burned. Meh....

All this whining about profiting from knife sales makes me sick. I guess everyone here is expected to take a loss on everything they buy and sell ever. Bunch of butthurt snowflakes pointing that out tho.. poor babies dont have money to make money with I reckon, hence all the crying about profiting from sales (by other people) of things bought (by other people).

OP, good luck, sir.

All this whining about profiting from knife sales makes me sick. I guess everyone here is expected to take a loss on everything they buy and sell ever. Bunch of butthurt snowflakes pointing that out tho.. poor babies dont have money to make money with I reckon, hence all the crying about profiting from sales (by other people) of things bought (by other people).

OP, good luck, sir.

No. If you are here to make money by selling knives you need to pay for the correct membership level, which the OP has not.

So you are a flipper. Good to know.

Agreed.

A knife flipper got burned. Meh....

Do I sense some negativity here? is flipping bad thing to do? to make extra cash if I see the opportunity I thought we all friends here, to wish other people do good as long as they don't hurt anybody I don't think I was hurting anybody flipping knives and by the way that's not the only thing I do. THERE are knives I keep in my collection. I just love knives and watches. I don't really get it are you in the right forum here?

Chalk this one up in the red instead of the black column; it's how you run a for profit business.

No. If you are here to make money by selling knives you need to pay for the correct membership level, which the OP has not.

First of all I do have paid membership so I can sell,second I'm not selling anything here now,and third most of my transaction are outside of BF. So I'm not sure what your point is?

Do I sense some negativity here? is flipping bad thing to do? to make extra cash if I see the opportunity I thought we all friends here, to wish other people do good as long as they don't hurt anybody I don't think I was hurting anybody flipping knives and by the way that's not the only thing I do. THERE are knives I keep in my collection. I just love knives and watches. I don't really get it are you in the right forum here?

Might want to look into the whole "rules" thing here. If you flip for profit as you have admitted you are at the wrong membership level. You are cheating other members and other dealers.

Rules: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=891&a=98

Specific rule:

DEALER / MATERIALS PROVIDER - Dealers are defined as anyone who purchases at wholesale pricing, or purchases items with the intent to resell (flipping). Other terms for dealers include purveyor, broker, reseller, etc. Materials Providers offer raw materials such as steel, handle materials, or other items related to knifemaking in general as typical stock for sale to the forum members or to the general public via their own store front or website.

No negativity. You are just violating the rules.

First of all I do have paid membership so I can sell,second I'm not selling anything here now,and third most of my transaction are outside of BF. So I'm not sure what your point is?

Seriously. Read the rules. If you flip knives for profit here you are a dealer. You don't have a dealer membership. You will also find that in general flippers aren't looked upon kindly around here.

Well you are also promoting your knife "buy-sell-trade-auction" site here in your sig block, avatar, and profile...that may require a dealer membership also?

Well you are also promoting your knife "buy-sell-trade-auction" site here in your sig block, avatar, and profile...that may require a dealer membership also?

it appears so

Dealers/Selling -
You must have a current DEALER membership to sell on this site.
You are allowed to have any other level of membership and take part in discussions, but unless you have a DEALER membership you may not:
Mention or link to your business in any way (not applicable to Knifemakers)
Use private messaging to sell to members
Include your business name in your username
Use your signature or avatar to promote your business.
Take part in any discussions involving your business OUTSIDE the Feedback forum.

Back