Great Movie Knives

Surprised there's no mention of Kurt Russell as Jack Burton in Big Trouble In Little China.

My understanding is his knife in the movie was a Gerber TACII which they no longer make.

vlcsnap-1110218.png

Bear and Sons does make a reproduction of the TACII though.

http://www.bearandsoncutlery.com/index.php?src=directory&view=Products&submenu=Products&category=MILITARY&query=category.eq.MILITARY&refno=214&srctype=Products_detail

ha ha ....it's all in the reflexes.

love that movie! :)

I'm a big gamer so I look for knives in games.I found a few good ones:

The Bowie in Red Dead Redemption
The Combat knife in HALO:Reach
KA-Bar in TUROK
The Tatang in Modern Warfare 2
Blackjack Grunt in GTA:Vice City
The M-10 Bayonet in Silent Homecoming
The Ka-bar/Rambo knife hybrid in Fallout 3
The SOG Seal pup in GTA San Andreas

Some great ones already mentioned, but a few more:

Knives from the fight scene in Dune (movie) between Paul and Feyd.
Bill the Butcher’s knives in Gangs of New York
And of course - Excalibur

The lockback knife used by Charles Morse (Anthony Hopkins) in the movie The Edge. Knifemaker Brian Lyttle made it for the movie, but he makes that model different now - with screw construction. Easier to take apart & clean.

I swear I'd trade almost every knife I have for one of those.

~Chris

I agree completely. That knife made me realize a folder can handle a lot of tough work.

If you want to include TV. 24 liked to use MTs. I also like the scene from The Wire with the Spyderco neck stabbing.

you guys already mentioned most of my favorites. i would never carry any of the rambo knives, but without them, i would love knives so much in the first place. rambo is definitely one of my favorite movie characters. i also love that beast of a knife from the predator that was already mentioned and the wsk from the hunted. a knife i wanted for years though that hasn't been mentioned yet is the gurkha kukri from cyborg. that knife was sweet!
imgres

In the Outsiders, 1981? Anyhow, when Emilio Estevez flipped open that bali I had to have one. That movie actually has at least 2 old autos in it. The Leif Garret (spelling?) character carries one as well as Matt Dillon's character.

I would not call it my favorite knife/knife scene from the movies - more like the one that made the biggest impression as to what can really happen with the long sharp things that we obsess over here on bladeforums That being the fight between the American and German soldier in Saving Private Ryan. I have a really hard time watching the German slowly press the knife/bayonet? into the chest of the American. Ugh.

The Smachit,(don't spell very well) that went through the bad guy foot in "Snipper"
That was just painful, foot still a little achey.

I agree completely. That knife made me realize a folder can handle a lot of tough work.

Yup. I knew loggers & forestry workers in Montana who carried Buck 110's & Schrade LB's, and those knives did a LOT of hard work. I had always thought that someday I'd have one made to my specs, and that Lyttle knife pretty much is it, almost to the letter. (Although I'd want the blade a little thicker.)

~Chris

Last edited:
I would not call it my favorite knife/knife scene from the movies - more like the one that made the biggest impression as to what can really happen with the long sharp things that we obsess over here on bladeforums That being the fight between the American and German soldier in Saving Private Ryan. I have a really hard time watching the German slowly press the knife/bayonet? into the chest of the American. Ugh.

I agree. That alone was one of the most disturbing movie scenes to me. I can't watch that part of the movie again.

mine was the stiletto that was used in the Magnificent seven, nothing special just good ole fashion knives beating guns lol, or the punishers OTF i want that

Back