Great Movie Knives

I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen Avatar mentioned yet.
Almost everyone in the movie carried a knife and used it frequently.
Heck, even the mech suits came equipped with blades.

And despite the fact that they were completely fictional knives in an animated fantasy movie they looked VERY functional.

Avatar-Na-Vi-Knife-With-Sheath-Costume-Accessory.jpg

i wondred what that fixed blade knife was that Jake Sully had when he was sharpening that wooden pike, any one know?

Not a movie, but I've been watching Tour of Duty lately. Fantastic knives in that show...I'll see if I can get some screenshots and make a dedicated thread later.

bootknife1.jpg

Lots of Gerber Mk. IIs (above), a Case V-42 dagger, some Kabars, M7 Bayonets, and even a sweet Randall Model 1, just like this one:

3139146175_eb7c40033d.jpg

I used to have Tour of Duty on DVD. There are indeed many good knives in that show. There was also an old Cold Steel Tanto in the episode where Michael Madsen plays a sniper who goes a bit nuts and Anderson (Terrence Knox) has to deal with him. Madsen used the Tanto that was cord wrapped. It may have been an early Recon Tanto, not sure though. The third season was where they really started using knives on a serious level though. Although I think Anderson carried the Ka-Bar in just about every episode, except when he went stateside on a couple occasions......

Does anyone actually know what the mission impossible knife was? I've heard it was something custom for the movie which would not surprise me. I have never found anything solid about what it is. Pic on the previous page.

I used to have Tour of Duty on DVD. There are indeed many good knives in that show. There was also an old Cold Steel Tanto in the episode where Michael Madsen plays a sniper who goes a bit nuts and Anderson (Terrence Knox) has to deal with him. Madsen used the Tanto that was cord wrapped. It may have been an early Recon Tanto, not sure though. The third season was where they really started using knives on a serious level though. Although I think Anderson carried the Ka-Bar in just about every episode, except when he went stateside on a couple occasions......

Good call, I had forgotten about that episode. :thumbup: You're right about season 3...lots of good knife fights, sentry take-downs and assorted knife use. They even use a Mk. II to gut a fish at one point.

Here's a couple screenshots...I'll see if I can find some better ones along the way.

Taylor uses a Mk. II to gut a fish:
TODknife1.png

Sgt. Anderson with a Kabar duct taped to his webbing:
TODknife2.png

Percell sharpening what I think is a Randall Model 1, or maybe a Blackjack:
TODknife3.png

cobra-knife.jpg

I've seen this one in other places too -- even own one and can't help but wonder about its efficacy as a fighting tool. I guess the concept is "punch and hack." You get caught with those spikes in the head and I wouldn't want to be you; but it's pretty damn awkward.

I love how the bad guy mean muggs the sharpening stone as he incompetently "sharpens" that knife. I wear the same expression when I try to sharpen BG42.:foot:

Every time I see the first Rambo movie, I want a giant knife. I don't even really have a use for one either, so it's a case of complete hollywood brainwashing.:rolleyes:

That's pretty cool. Looks like a Tony Marfione handground D/A.

Interesting compilation. Funny how so many (especially from The Simpsons) have blades longer than the handles. :rolleyes:

Like many war movies, also The Pacific (series) had good amount of Ka-Bar footage. They looked kind of like the new ones with coating... not sure how the blades were finished back then, maybe they had some sort of gun blue thing?

Very high mall ninja factor but it was cool in the movie...........

Attachments

• 9988_7711992813.jpg
    9988_7711992813.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 107
  • weapon_for_ninja_assassins_540.jpg
    weapon_for_ninja_assassins_540.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 76
No snap shot but I definatly just saw a Emerson super cqc-8 in the new movie RED. Look for it when they g to the airport 30 minutes in ish.

Back