Great Movie Knives

dark-knight-joker-knife.jpg

Lets put a smile on that face... go ahead it's just Maggie Gyllenhaal who is no replacement for Katie Holmes

They should've used a real Dalton instead of that Cupid clone. There was a Microtech Troodon in that movie too...

dark2.jpg

This one is definitely a little cheesy, but I thought it was incredibly cool when I was younger. The "knife" from the wonderfully "bad" Road Warrior wannabe, Steel Dawn, with Patrick Swayze:

dfsdfsdfdf.jpg

Anybody see Star Trek 2009? I love the folding katana that zulu brings on the fight scene on top of the drill. Anybody have pics?

does anybody know what kind of knife John Malkovich's character, Marvin Boggs, pulls on Bruce Willis in RED? in the scene where the characters first meet and Malkovich is holding a crossbow, and Bruce Willis asks him to "please remove your knife from my balls, now." just from the look i got of it, it looked to be some sort of kukri, but i can't find any screenshots of the scene and I was wondering if any of you fellows might know what I'm talking about?

EDIT: i found a video clip with the knife i mentioned in it, i can be seen starting around 0:48-0:49 and is pointed at Bruce Willis'....lower regions.
http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi4161968409/

Last edited:
I remember seeing a couple knives in 'All the Boys Love Mandy Lane' (What's a slasher movie without some knives, after all?).

One of them was some sort of Randall model 1 clone with a stag handle:

MandyLaneknife1.png

MandyLaneknife2.png

MandyLaneknife3.png

...and the only reason to watch the movie in the first place :D:

all-the-boys-love-mandy-lane-amber-heard1.jpg

you've probably seen dozens of movies with kitchen knives in them.
i'ld like to think that the powerful image stirred up by the classic psycho knife shower scene was the greatest grandaddy of all slashers.
but i just haven't a clue what was make it was.
so take your pick....
Ratatouille-Movie-Poster.jpg

The bowie from Legends of the fall...i'll eventually make another (made one when i first started making knives), my first was destroyed under intense use lol.

The blade Geena Davis finds hidden in her suitcase with rifle in The Long Kiss Goodnight has always caught my attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDuma1M09B0

shown briefly at 1:15

Always wanted one, but never found anything I could afford.

Apparently it's a Steve Likarich- NYFS Blade M 1/96, going for $3500!:eek:

Last edited:
The one that started my obsession was Case's V-42 Combat Knife in the movie "The Devil's Brigade" (1968).
V-42_Stiletto.jpg

Oh, yeah! I have an inexpensive Colt repro of the V-42, but the '92 Case and an original issue are on my "gotta have one" list. Certainly one my obsessions.

D

This one is definitely a little cheesy, but I thought it was incredibly cool when I was younger. The "knife" from the wonderfully "bad" Road Warrior wannabe, Steel Dawn, with Patrick Swayze:

dfsdfsdfdf.jpg

sort of like the sword! :)

steeldawn.jpg

Swayze's (R.I.P.) sword from "Steel Dawn" was a fav of mine. I also have to show some love to the 120 in "Scream"

10.jpg

Back