Great songs, Good songs, and ones that'll do.

That song is in my play list I love Ronnie Montrose
I met Ronnie at a little bar in Long Beach. What a freaking thrill that was. Montrose was one of my first albums and the cd is in my player more often than not.

I met Ronnie at a little bar in Long Beach. What a freaking thrill that was. Montrose was one of my first albums and the cd is in my player more often than not.
That's freaking cool mack, I've been listening to him since the 70's.

When I met him he was playing this guitar. It was the coolest thing I'd ever seen.
He never got the recognition I think he deserved.

We took similar paths, listened alot to Led Zeppelin, E.C. (Derek and the Dominos is still one of my favorite albums), Allman Brothers. Then listened more to Robert Cray, and of course some SRV. Then more and more into traditional stuff.
Found this live version a while back, I hate the stretch he can get with his fingers:eek:

Dennis. I Just watched a new Robert Johnson documentary on Netflix called Devil at the Crossroads. It's less than an hour and covers a lot of the same stuff as Can You Hear the Wind but has some interviews with bigger hitters like Keith Richards and Bonnie Rait. It's worth a watch.

Dennis. I Just watched a new Robert Johnson documentary on Netflix called Devil at the Crossroads. It's less than an hour and covers a lot of the same stuff as Can You Hear the Wind but has some interviews with bigger hitters like Keith Richards and Bonnie Rait. It's worth a watch.
:cool::thumbsup: too cool!
I watched it last week, wasn't bad!
Love some Bonnie!
Found this from a radio station show she, Freebo, Lowell George and John Hammond. There is some great songs, delta blues kinda thing, but this one was great!
The whole recording...

Also, Keb Mo was on that Robert Johnson show, he does a great version of Love in Vain that's great, and more or less :rolleyes: how I was learning it.

Gurf always has a bottle nearby. Sometimes to drink, sometimes to play with.

This guy just released his debut album.
Prine fans will appreciate it. He sounds just like a young JP. Just. like. him... In fact, he's supporting Prine on his European tour this year.

Good ones on this page. John and Dennis, always appreciate some Lucinda.

I am a big fan of Gram Parsons and Emmylou Harris music. My avatar is Cap Rock, Joshua Tree, one of my favorite spots and undisputedly linked to Parsons. The whole tribute album is good, including a classic by Williams/Crosby.

This would be a good time machine stop too.

Last edited:
Back