Great songs, Good songs, and ones that'll do.

I'm guessing that's Leon Russel with the random "Alright"s through the song? Cracks me up at first, I picture some random guy by the stage blitzed out of his mind. The "Watch out" at 8:20 definitely sounds like Leon.

Never have to worry about being off topic around here:thumbsup: (I know the moderator personally😆)

Love Huey Lewis and the News, them and The Cars were my favorite bands back in the day.
Huey Lewis bought my two year old son a donut in the grocery store a few years back. True story.

Huey Lewis bought my two year old son a donut in the grocery store a few years back. True story.
The mini music video I just played in my head of Huey Lewis buying a two year old a donut in a grocery store to the tune of Hip to be square is hilarious. There's gotta be more to the story!

The mini music video I just played in my head of Huey Lewis buying a two year old a donut in a grocery store to the tune of Hip to be square is hilarious. There's gotta be more to the story!
Yeah, as you may or may not know, he lives in Victor, MT. Which isn't far at all from Hamilton, MT.....where I lived. I've seen him half a dozen times or so in the Victor Steakhouse. But everyone from Victor comes to Hamilton for groceries and other shopping. He is also a big hunter/fisherman.

I'm in line at Super One in Hamilton to pay for groceries. My little boy is in the cart stuffing his face with a donut. Dude ahead of me in line is decked out head to toe in Filson clothing. Pays for groceries in cash and I see a massive wad of 100 dollar bills. He gets his change and turns and hands me a few bucks and said, "I'd like to buy your little boy that donut." I recognize him then as Huey Lewis. I thanked him and he said "Enjoy your day" and went on his way.

Pretty cool, I thought.

Yeah, as you may or may not know, he lives in Victor, MT. Which isn't far at all from Hamilton, MT.....where I lived. I've seen him half a dozen times or so in the Victor Steakhouse. But everyone from Victor comes to Hamilton for groceries and other shopping. He is also a big hunter/fisherman.

I'm in line at Super One in Hamilton to pay for groceries. My little boy is in the cart stuffing his face with a donut. Dude ahead of me in line is decked out head to toe in Filson clothing. Pays for groceries in cash and I see a massive wad of 100 dollar bills. He gets his change and turns and hands me a few bucks and said, "I'd like to buy your little boy that donut." I recognize him then as Huey Lewis. I thanked him and he said "Enjoy your day" and went on his way.

Pretty cool, I thought.
What a guy

Pretty cool, I thought.
That's awesome, there's gotta be a good blues lyric in there somewhere..... "Don't need no babysitters, gimme Huey Lewis and some apple fritters!..." 😆

One hit wonders from the 80's. Memory Lane is a helluva drug.

Cripes. You're a Beato fan too? 🙄

😁 I know absolutely nothing about music compared to Rick Beato but I love his channel. His "What Makes This Song Great" videos are fantastic.

I watched about half of the Maynard James Keenan interview last night then paused it to check out some Puscifer stuff as I've never really gave it a listen.

Cripes. You're a Beato fan too? 🙄

😁 I know absolutely nothing about music compared to Rick Beato but I love his channel. His "What Makes This Song Great" videos are fantastic.

I watched about half of the Maynard James Keenan interview last night then paused it to check out some Puscifer stuff as I've never really gave it a listen.
Heck yeah, his channel is great. I'll have to check out that interview. I'm completely lost when he talks in musical language though. I don't play anything, can't read music, and don't understand composition so a lot of what he talks about is lost on me. His depth of knowledge amazes me though and the way he breaks things down is fantastic. Great example of someone that's genuinely passionate about what they do.

Lol, had to look that up. Dad Rock during the 2040's is gonna suck, poor kids 😄

Dad Rock:
The term 'dad rock' refers to older music listened to by men who try, without success, to introduce this music to their children and other younger people.

Back