Great songs, Good songs, and ones that'll do.

I didn't realize the latter part about being unsuccessful. My sons listen to dad rock. My daughter ........ introduced me to the term dad rock.

Last edited:
I didn't realize the latter part about being unsuccessful. My sons listen to dad rock. My daughter ........ introduced me to the term dad rock.
My kids love classic rock too, but they're so young they still think Dad is cool.

I quit listening to new music in the very early 90's (senior in high school) when rock died and everything got whiny.

"Well a spade is made for digging dirt and an axe is made for choppin....."

"You better put a little money where you're mouth is it and try to keep it closed..."

Redmeadow Knives Redmeadow Knives this one is for you. Great old story that may or may not be true... who knows?

Sounds like he was just as great as his songs were.

I heard the song below the other day and it made me realize just how great Prines lyrics were compared to others. I don't know anything else from this band and don't mean to put them down but when the song came on I thought, "This has a nice sound to it but once the lyrics started it made me stop and think how boring and meaningless they were, it's just a collection of statements. Now, I like songs with simple lyrics that tell a story but realized just how much wit and wisdom Prine had. I don't think anyone writes like he did. Maybe Blaze Foley or Townes Van Zandt, or Guy Clark but they didn't have John's wit.

Anyways here's the song that I heard that had a great sound to it at first but it's like the writer quit after each line and started again. Maybe it's just me.

I played it for the wife and kids and we tried to write even more boring lyrics for the song, just a goofy collection of statements.

The most boring song in the world...

The sky is blue
Fives a number
Pickles are made
From cucumber
I have two legs
and a butt
If a doors not open
Then it's shut

They are looking for drivers of the Weiner mobile, so I have the Oscar Mayer song in my head. A good hot dog with chili, onion, cheese would be good for lunch right now.

They are looking for drivers of the Weiner mobile, so I have the Oscar Mayer song in my head. A good hot dog with chili, onion, cheese would be good for lunch right now.
I actually had small pigs in a blanket for lunch with some other good stuff at work.

Ran across this song by Fred Eaglesmith the other day. Never heard of him before but this is a great song. Beautifully written considering the subject.

That one above gets me in the feels, Bill to the rescue.

Last edited:
Back