• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Grinder in a box! DIY grinder kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like the bar that your idler wheel is on is on the wrong side.... need to move it over to the right fromwhere it is attached??
maybe??
hard to see
edward

grinder13mod.jpg

Edward, the tracking wheel needed a nudge to the right with a few spacers. I used some metal washers. Now fixed and working great for several months.

Keith

Hey Jamie... I bought one of these kits from you a while back and am interested in buying another... I have tried sending you several emails with no luck... Are you still selling these?

Thanks
Larry

Hey Jamie... I bought one of these kits from you a while back and am interested in buying another... I have tried sending you several emails with no luck... Are you still selling these?

Thanks
Larry

Larry, I am still selling the kits. I am caught up on emails, and I just double checked all spam folders and I don't see anything. Send me a pm with your email address and I'll try sending one to you.

Jamie

I just built mine and am very impressed. All the reviews have been dead on. For spring tension I tapped another 1/4 hole into the upright just above the drive wheel and am using a turnbuckle. We'll see how it holds up, it looks very slick and almost designed that way
Kael

Kael, I've been using mine for about 6 months and I don't know how I ever got by without it. Glad to hear yours is up and running.

Keith

Just ordered my kit today! Can't wait to get started on it.

I do have a question, though. I'm using a 2HP DC motor to drive it (with a drive belt and a VFD). The motor is a 1750 rpm motor. Would you guys suggest I get the 6" drive wheel, or will the 4" suffice? I'm running a 24VAC line to the VFD, BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back