Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Ha! It's almost like you're all as excited as I am ;)
After much suspense, here it is...
20160725_153504.jpg
Beautiful Mike!

logo by Grand Guardian-Jack Black

Congratulations Mike, looks fantastic, lovely knife :) Thanks for letting us see it, your collection is coming along very nicely my friend :thumbsup:

Dear Guardians,

I wish there was a Washington Jack with a lambsfoot. Just for fun, what are your thoughts? ... is the 77 frame suited for a lambsfoot blade?

Thank you,

cbr

Not sure about the 77 frame, but maybe on the 47 frame :)

Good to see you here cbr, interesting suggestion, and I'm sure Charlie could make it work. Like Mike, I also like a little sway though, 47 frame would be great :thumbsup:

Last edited:
You guys are crushing my hopes :). Thanks for your input - I can stop thinking about it now lol. I hoped with the backing of your group we could ask Charlie to consider it for the next run of Washington Jacks (if there is one).

Last edited:
That's some really lovely stag there :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Great Stag B-dog!

I think the #74 frame is the right one for a Lambsfoot. It would be interesting to see GEC go bravely into that pattern, given it is not common in America!

In the interest of preserving one of our last traditional pocket knife manufacturers, I think it's one pattern we should keep here in Great Britain.

Maybe it deserves PDO status?!

I'm guessing you mean GEC's #47 frame Charlie?

Last edited:
Sorry, what's PDO?
I don't know what a 74 is, so no opinion there.
I think a lambsfoot belongs in a swayback, but Sheffield makers don't seem to all agree with me.

PDO = Protected Designation of Origin

Like Parma Ham, Champagne and Roquefort Cheese.

Aesthetically, I agree the blade pattern is more befitting a swayback frame. The senator frame above is not a particularaly appealing example to me. However, I could see it would work on any tapering frame, equal end or otherwise.

Last edited:
Bonzodog - can't wait to see a picture of yours when it arrives. I was looking at that same one, but was a little hesitant after seeing some of their stag in pictures. If yours looks like that product shot, that'll be awesome.

Bonzodog - can't wait to see a picture of yours when it arrives. I was looking at that same one, but was a little hesitant after seeing some of their stag in pictures. If yours looks like that product shot, that'll be awesome.

Arrived this morning,sad to say it's nothing like the one shown for sale,and as blunt as a butter knife.But it is well put together and will sharpen easy,not bad for the price paid.

Last edited:
It's still an attractive knife bonzodog. Sharpen it up and get it in your pocket for a bit. 😃

Congrats on the new addition!

Arrived this morning,sad to say it's nothing like the one shown for sale,and as blunt as a butter knife.But it is well put together and will sharpen easy,not bad for the price paid.

That looks like old stock to me. I had one a while back, from a UK vendor, where the stag was really poor. Wright's made me another. The steel is good though :thumbsup:

Last edited:
That looks like old stock to me. I had one a while back, from a UK vendor, where the stag was really poor. Wright's made me another. The steel is good though :thumbup:

The edge is now screaming sharp ,been in my pocket today.

Back