1. Our COVID-19 response can be found here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Cheers to Jack! So excited!
    [​IMG]

donn, mitch4ging, Pt-Luso and 9 others like this.
  2. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    That's the truth. But I hate graduation ceremonies. I only went to my university (B.A. degree) ceremony because of my parents--my father was very ill, too.

What can I say? I only go to my childrens' ceremonies now. Other relatives and friends get a card and/or gift.

I've been a curmudgeon a LONG time! :grumpy: :)

donn, Jack Black, Cambertree and 5 others like this.
  3. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Nowadays they have graduation ceremonies for kindergarten, elementary school, middle school... Seriously: a cap & gown ceremony for graduating kindergarten. :rolleyes: I can't see anything the kids get out of that, just seems like an opportunity to sell merch to the parents. Unless they believe the kid won't graduate high school, it's right up there with "participation trophies" in my opinion.

There. I think I qualify as a curmudgeon now. :D

donn, Will Power, Jack Black and 8 others like this.
  4. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    AGREED!!!

5. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    One of us!

dc50, Jack Black, JohnDF and 3 others like this.
  6. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY

Feb 20, 2018
    ROFL :D:D "I think I qualify as a curmudgeon now" - a realist, anyway :thumbsup:

donn, Jack Black, JohnDF and 4 others like this.
  7. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks GT. :) I'm pretty sure it's ironwood.

Thanks again my friend! :D

Valley Jack is a very classy gentleman.

IMG_1493.jpeg

donn, mitch4ging, Pt-Luso and 13 others like this.
  8. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Jack, thanks for the additional info!

Jack Black and cigarrodog like this.
  9. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I want to apologize for any perceived rudeness on my part. I was sifting through another thread and i realized that I might have neglected to acknowledge a number of posts. So I did a search here and sure enough, so I did...

Thank you, Jack. And yes, I'd fully recommend a Kupilka, just a great cup. I think it might even come in a couple different sizes too.

Again, I do apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Jack mentioned it in my quote below as well but you should be able to find Kupilka relatively quickly with a search. They are not that expensive either. I can also send you a PM per your request.

That kuksa is certainly a wee one, Jack. I like it though and it was a thoughtful gift from your girl. Perhaps it would do for a wee dram of something stiffer than coffee now and then?

Thank you, fellas, and I do apologize for the lack of acknowledgement. It was 500+ post ago, this thread tends to cruise along.

Thank you, my friend. Always good to be here whenever I can. I didn't say I was any good at the fiddle but I have performed at a number of weddings, including my own. No one covered their ears so I guess that is a good sign.

Well, I thought my phone was getting old... Yours is practically a dinosaur. That said, you are able to produce some fine pictures regardless.

Figured I would show this dusky lass some mark side love.

[​IMG]

donn, mitch4ging, Pt-Luso and 13 others like this.
  10. WHT

WHT Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2016
    McMenamins is more noted for their beer than their coffee. It's good to see a souvenir of Oregon. I like it. I live about forty miles from you.

11. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    That they are. Truth be told, I have never had their coffee but am pretty familiar with their ales. I think my wife got me a couple of their coffee mugs because she knew I would like them. She was correct, of course. Oregon is a great place, especially away from the cities... But that might be true of any state really.

12. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    It was a great day for our friends Gary! :thumbsup: Good friends, good food, good fellowship and a terrific knife in my pocket! :thumbsup: :D

Jack Black, dc50, cigarrodog and 2 others like this.
  13. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Well we officially finished our school year today, as teacher's debrief week was given an early closing due to a conference we're all attending next week. I haven't been able to post as much as usual, and I've had to skim through more threads than read carefully, but I've enjoyed what little I've been able to get through.

I've been carrying light a lot lately, just one knife most days. My oldest son started soccer practices and the coaches have graciously allowed me to participate with the team in the practices and workouts. The tryouts were last week and the first practice was yesterday. All of my sons got up with me this morning to do the running routine with my oldest. Of the four, the youngest dropped out first (he's only five, and he made it almost a quarter mile :-D). Then I lost the second oldest when he stopped to help the five-year-old (he ended up doing his own running since he didn't stay up with us, but didn't want to stop entirely). The second youngest got behind a few times, but cut some corners to keep up. The oldest and I managed to make it through the whole workout (about two miles of jogging and sprinting alternately) and felt pretty whipped by the end.

In the meantime, I was toting my K'roo today. Here's a shot with my 5-year-old's Ukulele:

fullsizeoutput_2eb8.jpeg

donn, mitch4ging, Pt-Luso and 14 others like this.
  14. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Hope you and your family enjoy your summer break Joshua! :thumbsup: :)

Jack Black, Prester John and tmd_87 like this.
  15. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Thank you, friend!

Half/Stop likes this.
  16. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Going to San Antonio on this anniversary of D-Day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Have a good rest of the week, Guardians!

donn, mitch4ging, Pt-Luso and 11 others like this.
  17. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    No apologies necessary, it happens to all of us. :) :thumbsup:

18. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Kind of late, but you turn your back and it’s several pages past. I’m not a scholar, but I’ve read quite a bit about WW2. My Father was seriously injured as a Tanker, in the Battle of The Bulge, which after he passed, led me to read everything I could get my hands on.

The collective courage throughout the War is nothing short of astonishing. Speaking of the British People, who endured so many challenges from the start, and throughout the War, deserves much praise. Your Grandfather, being part of D Day, must have been a larger than life character. Making those beautiful planes was a great way of expressing his pride. Those mementos are precious, as is all life, which many gave to preserve our Freedom. Thank you to all who paid the ultimate price, or who survived to enrich our lives.

donn, mitch4ging, Fodderwing and 8 others like this.
  19. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    That's on my list of to do's. I have read multiple books on the Alamo and that time period of history is extremely important. I believe Davy Crockett went down in a blaze of gunfire fighting til the end.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    mitch4ging, Jack Black, dc50 and 3 others like this.
  20. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    Enjoy your break! That knife is a beaut!

Jack Black, dc50, JTB_5 and 3 others like this.