Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Hey folks, I have something slightly off-topic to ask you I have often wondered about? Is it any way considered rude or unpatriotic to abbreviate United States of America? The reason I ask is because it is sometimes difficult for me to fit United States of America on an envelope, and I don't want to offend anyone, but nor do I want them not to receive their package because the postal worker can't read the tiny writing I have to use :confused: I'd be grateful for an education. Thanks folks :) :thumbsup:

Hey folks, I have something slightly off-topic to ask you I have often wondered about? Is it any way considered rude or unpatriotic to abbreviate United States of America? The reason I ask is because it is sometimes difficult for me to fit United States of America on an envelope, and I don't want to offend anyone, but nor do I want them not to receive their package because the postal worker can't read the tiny writing I have to use :confused: I'd be grateful for an education. Thanks folks :) :thumbsup:
My opinion is that either "USA" or simply "United States" is fine. Not rude or unpatriotic. I think "USA" is chanted at some sporting events.

My opinion is that either "USA" or simply "United States" is fine. Not rude or unpatriotic. I think "USA" is chanted at some sporting events.

Thanks Vince, the reason I ask is that when I ask folks in the US for their address, about half of them use the full form, even though I have asked them to abbreviate wherever possible. I just wondered if I was committing a faux pas, you never know because things change from country to country, and from culture to culture. What is considered perfectly normal in one place can be considered downright rude in another. I'm grateful for the info :thumbsup:

Like Vince said, "USA" is totally fine.
Some of us are just intimidated and want to follow the rules exactly. :D

Absolutely nothing wrong with using the abbreviation. IMO:thumbsup:

Like Vince said, "USA" is totally fine.
Some of us are just intimidated and want to follow the rules exactly. :D

Absolutely nothing wrong with using the abbreviation. IMO:thumbsup:

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

As an aside, the first year I did the Guardians knives, I noticed the small number of Canadians included their country in their address, but only one of the American members - @r8shell! :D These days, there are usually one or two folks who miss it off :) Last year, it was just one, but I'll spare his blushes by naming him ;) :D :thumbsup:

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

As an aside, the first year I did the Guardians knives, I noticed the small number of Canadians included their country in their address, but only one of the American members - @r8shell! :D These days, there are usually one or two folks who miss it off :) Last year, it was just one, but I'll spare his blushes by naming him ;) :D :thumbsup:
Probably me.:eek:

My back is a little sore, so I thought, having drunk my solitary beer, I would relax it a little with a Rusty Nail ;) No ice in the freezer though! :eek: Can't drink a Rusty Nail without ice, so I will just have to drink Scotch! :D :thumbsup:

hbexdCh.jpg

Duncan has arrived in England from New Zealand, and I am looking forward to meeting up with him in York on Tuesday :) :thumbsup:

See he brought the good weather with him! :rolleyes:

View attachment 1141928
Now that’s something to look forward to. Have a great visit.

It’s a Boss 35 in distressed and forced patina brass.

USA is short and sweet, and works every time.

You know me - always gotta put my 2 cents worth in :confused:
If I recall correctly from grammar school :rolleyes:, when addressing an envelope or package, the accepted abbreviation is USA - just as the abbreviation for the United Kingdom is UK.
The abbreviation of U.S. would be used in correspondence as would capital u and capital s without periods (US) and both are interchangeable and considered acceptable.
The only other things I seem to recall from grammar school right now, for some strange reason, is that Caracas is the capital of Venezuela and "I before E except after C, or when sounding like A as in neighbor or weigh" :confused:

Thanks Vince, the reason I ask is that when I ask folks in the US for their address, about half of them use the full form, even though I have asked them to abbreviate wherever possible. I just wondered if I was committing a faux pas, you never know because things change from country to country, and from culture to culture. What is considered perfectly normal in one place can be considered downright rude in another. I'm grateful for the info :thumbsup:

Feel free to abbreviate. I put the full title because I didn't want to confuse it with the Union of South Africa. I really appreciate your efforts as I have been responsible for too many of your emails today. Keep up the good work and I looking forward to seeing the Barlow in "the flesh."

If I recall correctly from grammar school :rolleyes:, when addressing an envelope or package, the accepted abbreviation is USA - just as the abbreviation for the United Kingdom is UK.
The abbreviation of U.S. would be used in correspondence as would capital u and capital s without periods (US) and both are interchangeable and considered acceptable.
The only other things I seem to recall from grammar school right now, for some strange reason, is that Caracas is the capital of Venezuela and "I before E except after C, or when sounding like A as in neighbor or weigh" :confused:

Thanks OG :D :thumbsup:

Feel free to abbreviate. I put the full title because I didn't want to confuse it with the Union of South Africa. I really appreciate your efforts as I have been responsible for too many of your emails today. Keep up the good work and I looking forward to seeing the Barlow in "the flesh."

Good point, and thank you :) :thumbsup:

N5VhwU4.jpg

We just enjoy writing "United States of America"! ;)

You remember a lot more than I do from Grammar School. I just remember the girl that sat next to me had warts. Traumatizing :D

Back