Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Yeah, apparently the storm we had picked up a load of dust and sand from the Sahara, and smoke from fires in Portugal, it made for very eerie lighting. I understand we may get the same thing later in the week too. Kind of makes you want to stay indoors ;) :thumbsup:

View attachment 782321

Yikes Jack. That’s an international atmospheric tag team that I do not envy. Glad you’re safe inside and finding an enjoyable way to pass the time. ;)

37758165311_8968d6a861_h.jpg

I don't know what to say....She's is sooooo beautiful!

Thanks Jack. It helps to have a fantastic knife to photograph. Thanks again for all your hard work that went into making it happen.

Thanks. Here’s the flip side:

rsCtYQ7h.jpg

Thanks. I’m quite fond of that location for photos. :)
Beautiful!

Yeah, apparently the storm we had picked up a load of dust and sand from the Sahara, and smoke from fires in Portugal, it made for very eerie lighting. I understand we may get the same thing later in the week too. Kind of makes you want to stay indoors ;) :thumbsup:
Staying indoors sounds like a very good idea. :thumbsup: You don't want that stuff in your lungs. :eek:

37758165311_8968d6a861_h.jpg

I don't know what to say....She's is sooooo beautiful!
Congratulations!

Staying indoors sounds like a very good idea. :thumbsup: You don't want that stuff in your lungs. :eek:

I regret going out yesterday, when I got home I could taste the dust in my mouth! :eek:

I wonder if anymore knives are going to arrive with their Guardians today, a few of them are certainly taking their time :rolleyes:

Finally!! Some better photos of my tri-fecta of Lambsfoots (lambs feet?) Not too sure what the plural is.

M9AJl4r.jpg

Rl8VUUU.jpg

I love the one Jack sent me, but the quality of the GL's is enough better to comment on.
The pull is a little smoother and easier on the GL's. I did do a little more flushing work on these.
As @btb01 Barrett mentioned, the swedge is beautiful on the GL's.
The bolster gaps are non-existent on the GL's. A little bit of a gap on the standard one.
Centering on mine, anyway is about the same. < Thank you Jack.
The etch. Well, the etch is just amazing. No etch on the standard.
The pin work is about the same.
The polishing of the horn is about the same. But, of course the horn on the GL's is amazing!

So, that's enough for now. I continue to move in the direction of a Guardian and as Ringo said "I hope we passed the audition".

Good afternoon, Guardians! I hope everyone is well, I've been busier than I generally care to be. Stay tuned for further updates a little bit later.

Golden Oxhorn for me today, such a lovely little knife!

BtGc1sb.jpg
Whoa!!!!

That is really pretty. Nice photo.

Finally!! Some better photos of my tri-fecta of Lambsfoots (lambs feet?) Not too sure what the plural is.

M9AJl4r.jpg

Rl8VUUU.jpg

I love the one Jack sent me, but the quality of the GL's is enough better to comment on.
The pull is a little smoother and easier on the GL's. I did do a little more flushing work on these.
The bolster gaps are non-existent on the GL's. A little bit of a gap on the standard one.
The polishing of the horn is about the same. But, of course the horn on the GL's is amazing!

So, that's enough for now. I continue to move in the direction of a Guardian and as Ringo said "I hope we passed the audition".
I think in your case it would be Lamb Foot Foot Foot ?????
They are all 3 very nice Alan !!!!

Harry

M9AJl4r.jpg

Rl8VUUU.jpg

Wonderful pics Alan, and thanks for the report :thumbsup:

Good afternoon, Guardians! I hope everyone is well, I've been busier than I generally care to be. Stay tuned for further updates a little bit later.

Golden Oxhorn for me today, such a lovely little knife!

BtGc1sb.jpg

That certainly is a beauty Dylan, great pic :thumbsup:

aKsZuTj.jpg
It showed up today thanks agian jack it's stunning. More pics to come still checking it out.
aKsZuTj.jpg

Glad your knife made it Keith, and look forward to seeing more of it :thumbsup:

Wow!! You HAVE been busy Dylan! :eek: Those pocket sheaths look amazing, what a fantastic pic :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words, folks. I just thought of something, if you have contacted me via email and you have not received a direct response, please contact me via pm if you can. I've attempted due diligence and have scoured all corners of my email to ensure I haven't missed anybody but I just want to be sure.

I made a visit to the pretty North Yorkshire market town of Knaresborough today. As long-standing members may recall from my Round Yorkshire With A Knife series (and particularly The Wizard's Quest), I used to be a regular visitor to the town, but I have not been for over two years, in fact the last time I was there was in the company of the notorious Earl! :eek: I only had time for a flying visit today, but it was nice to see the place briefly, and to catch up with a few old acquaintances. I was just dating a Girl Guide knife for an antique dealer I know, when a middle-aged gentleman, I have not met before, asked me if I had ever heard of a Lambsfoot knife. It turned out he had his father's, so we had quite an interesting discussion :) I had my Guardians Lambsfoot with me, and took a few pics before I headed home :thumbsup:

Here's the iconic view from Knaresborough Castle of the stone-built railway viaduct, which spans the River Nidd far below.

AWSFO 9-1.JPG

The remains of Knaresborough Castle, in the background of course ;)

AWSFO 9-4.JPG

A train passing over the arches.

AWSFO 9-7.JPG

Oops! Somebody's left a gate open! :eek:

(Hey! Is that Arthur's dad?! :eek:)

IMG_4795S.JPG

IMG_4796S.JPG

AWSFO 9-9.JPG

As I had done on my visit with Earl, I decided to go for a chip buttie and a pint at The World's End, which takes it's name from a prophesy by Knareborough's second most famous hag, Mother Shipton, that when the adjacent bridge falls, the world will end! :rolleyes:

AWSFO 10-5.JPG

AWSFO 10-7.JPG

Attachments

• AWSFO 10-7.JPG
    AWSFO 10-7.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back