Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Just when I think I was getting the hang of this multi quote thing, I typed all my replies....and they were good and witty too. :rolleyes::D
I guess I took too long and it signed me out and ...gone. :(
Oh well, I will try again later.

I did a bit of forging with a friend of mine yesterday.
48176772947_79afe48992_h.jpg

View attachment 1154633 View attachment 1154632 I was lucky enough to receive a Charlie’s lambsfoot. This was my first time handling a lambsfoot knife. I like the pattern so much, I just placed a order for a A. Wright lambsfoot with rosewood handles. Can’t wait till I finally have a authentic English lambsfoot in my pocket. I must admit I’ve be quite jealous of the beautiful knives you all post!
Jon, once you get hooked on a lambsfoot you'll wish you had discovered them years ago. :thumbsup::D

View attachment 1154633 View attachment 1154632 I was lucky enough to receive a Charlie’s lambsfoot. This was my first time handling a lambsfoot knife. I like the pattern so much, I just placed a order for a A. Wright lambsfoot with rosewood handles. I can’t wait to finally have a authentic English lambsfoot in my pocket. I must admit I’ve be quite jealous of the beautiful knives you all post!

Welcome to the Guardians Jon, that's a beauty, I love Charlie's tang stamp :) I hope they send you a nice one from England :thumbsup:

Just when I think I was getting the hang of this multi quote thing, I typed all my replies....and they were good and witty too. :rolleyes::D
I guess I took too long and it signed me out and ...gone. :(
Oh well, I will try again later.

I did a bit of forging with a friend of mine yesterday.
48176772947_79afe48992_h.jpg

There seems to be a lot of that going on lately Kevin o_O Cool pic my friend :cool: :thumbsup:

Jon, once you get hooked on a lambsfoot you'll wish you had discovered them years ago. :thumbsup::D

:cool: :thumbsup:

You are right about that! I’ve always wanted a lambsfoot but was unsure of how/ where to order. I’m still unsure but took a gamble on a vendor lol I’m sure it will be ok.
Don't lose heart if it's not perfect, when I started on this road trip I did the same as you. And yes my first rosewood lamb's foot the blade was warped, I didn't give up and now have around a dozen perfect Lambs. :thumbsup::p

Bored at work and you can't find any wood...
8Fu0PQ2.jpg
Great job on that apple-cheeked guy, Jiki! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Done with the Waynorth Lambsfoot pictured?

Thanks GT. Yes, you’re right about the ebony and rosewood Lambsfoots. Interesting to hear your thoughts on the stag knives. Yes, I think the astonishing individuality of the 2019 Ironwoods was a surprise to everyone!
View attachment 1154053
Unity Lambsfoot with a favourite Defiance claw hammer and Thomas Flinn ‘Pax’ handsaw.
Thanks for supporting some of my hasty conjectures, Chin. :)
Compelling triple-tool photo! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back with the dali lamba again today.
3eags0x.jpg
Two VERY different photos, but I think both are superb!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I admire that central ridge running longitudinally along your mark side stag, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Fodderwing Fodderwing , cigarrodog cigarrodog , dc50 dc50 , and @Prester John
Thank you all so very much. It's a joy to be here.
48175970087_3440c47456_b.jpg
The release of the Waynorth lambsfoots and Jack's Hartshead lambsfoot Barlows almost simultaneously makes my head spin! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Dylan & @TFBraden , your photos are phenomenal!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Happy Canada Day
It's Grillin' Time...
Do your consecutive posts indicate that you're grilling moose, John?? Looking nutritious and delicious! :cool::thumbsup:;)

To this flatlander, that pic of the ebony lambsfoot with the mountain in the background is fascinating, Dave! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1154311 My lambs foot helped me today doing yard work and gained these red freckles! About 90 degrees Fahrenheit with similar percentage humidity was the contributing factor.
Cheers, Ben
Gentlemen prefer blonde horn! ;):cool::thumbsup:

LOL! Thanks Gary, I'm looking for volunteers! :D :thumbsup:

I know just what you mean my friend, with that one, it was "I'll tell the man to turn the stewpot way down low..."! Though I think one of the kids might have come up with that :D :thumbsup:
I'm willing to volunteer, but I'd like to see what the breakdown of work details is so I can volunteer for something consistent with my interests/abilities! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice pic GT :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)

Some rarely seen special "Behind the scenes" footage to let you guys and gals in the know how..........

Never seen before footage # 1...

t7wmT2k.jpg

Never seen before footage # 2....

jMCKlNz.jpg

:D

Thanks again Jack for such a great Day! :thumbsup:
Dylan, thanks for the photo essay on the photo essayist! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you very much, GT! It's sitting on a RR Spike hammer, on top of my anvil. I'll post a pic below to show it better.
Lovely LamBar, Lucky Lad! Looks Like a winner!:p
Mine today...
4TEzbqs.jpg
Thanks for explaining that earlier photo, Dennis; very intriguing "big iron"! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks also for the L-fest of praise for my Hartshead rosewood LamBarJack. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I do to! I buy pie. Take picture of pie (with lambsfoot). Eat pie. Post picture of pie (and lambsfoot). Check my post is all in order by looking at posted picture of pie. Then think "damn, now I'm craving pie". :D
:D:D:p Why don't you weigh 500 pounds, David??
Cool Guardians lunch box, too! :):cool::cool:

We always just called them shammies. I don't think I knew they were leather for quite a while.
That was my experience, too, and I've never seen them used for anything but car washing. :rolleyes:

My lambsfoot this week is Man Jack, the stag lambsfoot senator:
senator.pile.open.goodies.jpg

- GT

Fodderwing Fodderwing Thanks, Buddy.:)

@Campbellclanman really enjoyed those Jack Black Jack Black ”portrait of the artist as a young man images.

@mitch4ging Thank you Dennis for the kind remarks.

Great heavy metal image of your Lamb.

Jack Black Jack Black A whole slew of great images. Aside from the ones of you in deep concentration, I especially liked the one of your Stag Barlow with all the rulers.

@Cambertree Thank you Chin. Always come out for the better after reading your posts.

@donn I laughed hard seeing the Guardian lunchbox. Hope you enjoyed your day off.

JaxBaron JaxBaron Welcome and congratulations, Jon, on getting the Waynorth. You’re on your way.

5K Qs 5K Qs Thank you GT. Man oh Man. That Man Jack Image is quite Manly...and very nice.

Good Afternoon Guardians.

After every 6 month Dr. visit, and swearing to her what a good boy I’ve been, this is my post-fasting meal. Every time.:)
A35AEBFF-F70B-4578-8B15-D6C8D548E7AD.jpeg

Fodderwing Fodderwing Thanks, Buddy.:)

@Campbellclanman really enjoyed those Jack Black Jack Black ”portrait of the artist as a young man images.

@mitch4ging Thank you Dennis for the kind remarks.

Great heavy metal image of your Lamb.

Jack Black Jack Black A whole slew of great images. Aside from the ones of you in deep concentration, I especially liked the one of your Stag Barlow with all the rulers.

@Cambertree Thank you Chin. Always come out for the better after reading your posts.

@donn I laughed hard seeing the Guardian lunchbox. Hope you enjoyed your day off.

JaxBaron JaxBaron Welcome and congratulations, Jon, on getting the Waynorth. You’re on your way.

5K Qs 5K Qs Thank you GT. Man oh Man. That Man Jack Image is quite Manly...and very nice.

Good Afternoon Guardians.

After every 6 month Dr. visit, and swearing to her what a good boy I’ve been, this is my post-fasting meal. Every time.:)
View attachment 1154647
Lovely reward meal!!:)! How do you keep up with this illustrated ticker-tape called Guardians??:eek:
I love it but I cannot keep up!!:p

Lovely reward meal!!:)! How do you keep up with this illustrated ticker-tape called Guardians??:eek:
I love it but I cannot keep up!!:p
That’s a great question, Charlie. In your case, just having you appear at any time, is a treat.

The pace has only accelerated since yours and Jacks Lambs have made their debut.

It’s hard to keep up when after you go through a list of people that you want to comment, then post it, only to find out that several others have posted.

Not everyone responds at the same pace. I know that I do the best I can. I also give out likes. To let people know that I read their post and liked them.

This is my feeling: It’s not necessary to respond to every post. Just be active at the level your comfortable with. You’re already doing that. We’re thrilled whenever you’re here.

You and Jack are true Guardians in Chiefs of The Lambsfoot.

Last edited:
Well said, Harvey.:thumbsup:
Just be active at the level your comfortable with and are able to.
Sound advice for anyone.

Most of my posts I just can't keep up enough to respond to everyone I want to and everyone who commented.

I appreciate every comment and like and hope that no one would take offense to me not responding by virtue of mistake or lack of time or brainpower to get it done.:thumbsup:

Thanks again, everyone for all the nice comments and words!

LAMBFOOT CONTENT below!!!:D
HntZMYV.jpg

Glad to hear you had a good visit Rachel :) Your mother was ahead of her time :) Nice edge, but what the....?!:eek:
They are rather triffid-esque, aren't they? Fortunately, the agave has not mastered locomotion yet. :eek: It is amusing to see folks around here planting young ones way too close to houses and walkways, not realizing just how large they can grow to be.
Most of my posts I just can't keep up enough to respond to everyone I want to and everyone who commented.

I appreciate every comment and like and hope that no one would take offense to me not responding by virtue of mistake or lack of time or brainpower to get it done.:thumbsup:
^^^What he said ^^^

uxrOJyR.jpg

Greg, balance in our lives is definitely a good thing...I have a problem deciding what all to take off or put on the scale:confused:

Like the sequencing photos of coffee time and the rosewood Lammie.

Yup, that's the trick, and I do, too. :)

And, thanks!

Jack I know we all enjoy your meticulous replies, fascinating posts and hosting of this thread, immensely. However, knowing full well what a generous bloke you are, I’d hate to see your work and outside life continue to suffer, due to a sense of obligation to spend many, many hours here each week.

I just thought I’d mention that there’s definitely no expectation that the originators of the other integral and legendary Porch threads (Totin’, Old Knives, Barlows, Carl’s Lounge to name just a few) which have taken on a life of their own, need to be constantly present to tend to their threads.

The fact that you are here every day is a testament to your work ethic and integrity, but it saddens me to think that it may be impinging on earning a living and your other life activities.

Chin, a very thoughtful and eloquent expression. I agree and am very happy for all that Jack chooses to put into here, but never want that to be at the expense of other things he holds dear.

One of the many things I like about the friendships on the Porch and the Guardians is how some of the Porchfolk have a favourite knife, which is immediately recognisable as theirs. It’s enjoyable to see the progress of the tool and patina over time.

Your buffalo Lambsfoot is the one I associate most with you, and I think it has been chronicled from the very beginning of this thread. So it’s cool to see your Rosewood has been well used too.

Thanks, Chin. That's a wonderful observation, and I'm touched to be counted among the folks with an immediately recognizable knife. That one's in my pocket today in fact. The rosewood has also seen quite a bit of use since I got it, and I know the Harsthead will, too. But, the buffalo lambsfoot will always be my go to, I think.

Incidentally, there are three lambsfoot knives that I associate with you: your ebony user—I remember the heartache when you thought you lost it and the joy when you found it—your Unity, and, of course, the Lambshank. I may not be able to pick out the first two as yours in a lineup, but if you asked me to name Chin's notable knives, it'd be those three. :)

Writing your own software to run through the thread makes a LOT of sense! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (Of course, I have no idea how to do it! :(:rolleyes:)
And "finding a balance" is definitely my goal, too, although I'm not exactly sure how I intend to do it.

I have neither the time nor the patience to do it by hand. ;)

And, aye, there's the rub.

I 'C' you're clamping down on your Barlow, Jack!:D

:D:D:D

You mean like this one. :D
qbBK6tz.jpg

Exactly. :)

Another off-the-charts photo. :thumbsup:

I'll be honest, I wasn't sure the new Lamb would be able to keep up with the rigors of my day to day use...
6PZAmO7.jpg

E3Gmu7W.jpg

... but I was pleasantly surprised with her inaugural run! That's one tough knife!

:D I bet it can take more if you're careful. :)

Honestly, I am having a hard time picking a favorite between the jigged bone and the ebony, they are both superb.

3LzwgG0.jpg

Splendid photo. Love that mug. And the knife. And the raspberries. Did you grow them?

Yes, Please!

Last edited:
Back