Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good question :) Well, I hadn't expected to be much more than an 'ordinary' thread, with a lot of focus on explaining the difference between the Lambsfoot and Sheepsfoot, which many members certainly didn't understand back then. That it has developed into such a fine community, and that so many folks now appreciate the Lambsfoot, has been incredibly rewarding, and I don't think there has ever been another thread like this on The Porch :) :thumbsup:
Jack, thanks for taking the time to reply to my question.;)

Thank you for all the kind words Dennis, you have certainly mastered the multi-quote my friend :) :thumbsup:

Congratulations on your first Big 'Un Dennis, it's great to see it once again :) Charlie's generosity is legendary :) I love your photo, beautiful compass :thumbsup:

Thanks Charlie, what a line-up! :) :thumbsup:

Great to have you here my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot guys :) :thumbsup:

Great to see the wolf! :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Dwight, beautiful use of colours there :) :thumbsup:

Thank you for the insight Dwight, I think I'll order a copy now before I forget the title! :D THat really is a superb pic
Thank you Jack. I have "Low Life" enroute as well.:)

Great black and tan pairing Dwight!
Thank you Ron! Much appreciated.

Great photo...as usual. Thanks for the comment about Dutch. When I was in the Army, I had the pleasure to work with some Marines. All were, task orientated, hard working, dedicated.
Preston if I had known you were an Army vet I wouldn't have used the Marines as an example. Thank you for your service and I have the utmost respect and appreciation for the bodies and souls who put themselves in harm's way irregardless of the uniform. Again, thank you my friend.

Fodderwing Fodderwing Dwight, the dynamic duo Lambfoot Image is especially nice, because of the detail in the shadow area
Thank you Harvey. I love the low-light ebony composition.

Good morning, Guardians!
bXfekLN.jpg
Great shot Vince. Rich caramel coloring in your stag.

The bark on that limb and the pattern/color of your Damascus blade are so similar!
Thank you GT! :)
I almost ignored this pic, Dwight, but upon further reflection, I HAD to express my appreciation for the superb quality of both knife and photo!
You are very kind with your detailed thoughtful comments GT. I am always appreciative.

Thanks, Matt. :) Here's a shot of Union Jack on vacation last summer
Union Jack sittin on the bay... Handsome fellow.

Well, it came sooner than expected. Thanks goes out to Jack and Charlie for their help. Very fine Gentlemen.
View attachment 1159161
Gorgeous example there Big Bill. Very nice indeed.

Have a great evening and night allIMG_3775.jpeg

Well, it came sooner than expected. Thanks goes out to Jack and Charlie for their help. Very fine Gentlemen.
View attachment 1159161
Congrats Onebigbill Onebigbill - lookin' good :cool: You're gonna love it :)
Great pics by everyone, I've been enjoying them. Been kinda busy lately and haven't had much time to do more than hit the "like" button :oops:
It's kinda weird when you have to figure out how to find time to get things done when you're retired :rolleyes:
Makes you wonder how you got it all done when you were working - except now there's the addition of more Dr. appointments :D
My first Lambsfoot
D05evWU.jpg

I believe Luke draws his Force powers from the Lambsfoot. :D

Thanks, Dennis. :)
I think it's the other way around... My robot is protecting my Lamb from Skynet. That's the way Jack reprogrammed him. :D

It's a Jack, given to me by Jack, resting on Jack. It's a Jack Jack Jack. :D

The Ramones definitely count!!! :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack.. :)

Six miles is a nice stroll for you. It would be a major hike for me. :D

Can't get mad though... Family First! ;)

Thanks, Jack. Even though I didn't get to fish, it was still a nice morning with family and mountains. :cool: :thumbsup:
I drove by an old fishing hole, hoping to get out and stretch our legs. I wanted to take some Lambsfoot pictures down by the river. However, the powers-that-be decided to put up guard rails and took away all the parking space. :mad:

I shot that one fresh for you yesterday. :D

:D :thumbsup:

I'm glad you still had a nice morning John :) But.....Darn it! o_O :rolleyes:

Thanks for the Black and Tan compliment Jack! :) The stag does match fairly well on your gifted Hartshead Jack. However, I do believe your EDC Hartshead matches better. :thumbsup: I agree whole heartedly with your comments above Jack. The key statement being, "I am perfectly happy to have different types of stag on either side, so long as they both have some character." One thing that I might add from my personal point of view, when I am lucking enough to get to hand pick stag knives in person, is reasonably equal thickness from Mark to Pile sides. However, I by no means would place that above character! :thumbsup::D I would say as an observation judging from all the photos that have been posted here, and the knives that I have personally received, the vintage Sambar that you have had Wrights to use on our knives is very nice quality. :thumbsup: Sure it is possible that they could have maybe matched some knives more closely, but overall they have done a terrific job! :thumbsup: :)

Yes, I would would rather have even thickness, and prefer my stag fairly thin on a pocket knife. In the past, I've seen Sheffield knives where the stag has been cut way too thick, and then the bark has been lost as it's been finished o_O I don't know if Wright's will ever get hold of more Sambar, but if they ever learn more about matching it, they might also charge us more! :rolleyes: Thank you for the compliments my friend :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1159014 This little guy followed me to work today. Break time!

Very nice :) :thumbsup:

Long day yesterday, about 13 hours with the drive. It was a good day and started off with seeing this just as I left, about a mile from my house. Yes, that is yucca:mad:
IMG_1237.JPG

So today I'm not fiddling around
IMG_1240.JPG

Lots to do, have a great day Guardians!

Thanks Mark, the book is older, published 1988. The prints in the book are well done and the history of the program makes it a gem.

Mark, the background for that wonderful Ironwoood is very creative...well done:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Very good, wish I had thought of that!!!:D

Glenn, thanks for that photo, makes your effort and work even more impressive!

Great photo...as usual. Thanks for the comment about Dutch. When I was in the Army, I had the pleasure to work with some Marines. All were, task orientated, hard working, dedicated.

You bet, he will lick your face off!!!:p Fine photo of you Senator

I don't, Kevin...thanks for the offer, much appreciated. Great picture, but isn't that a little over the carryng load for that VW Type 2:eek:

Gary, I didn't notice that you had split the posts, I have a low power level of observationo_O:rolleyes:o_O

Thanks, Mitch, I know that I have that LP somewhere...I'll try and dig it out and post a follow up/sequel

Sure, they all count! If you like it, it's good!

We can hope, we can hope!

Epic effort, Jack! Great shot of that HHB

Parsley, rosemary and thyme...ebony and rosewood. Goes well together!

A couple of fine shots that is a handsome

Fine photo and fine horn on that lambfoot!

Cool pics Preston, and thank you :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black Thank you. Happy that yours’ and David’s day was a splendid one. A six mile walk..You have a lot of stamina or I’ve gotten older. I suspect the latter.:) A nice bevy of Lambs displayed.

pjsjr pjsjr Thank you Preston. That’s a wonderful “fiddling around” image.

dc50 dc50 Dave, your Lambfoot images really bring the drama with those colorful backgrounds,

Fodderwing Fodderwing Dwight, the dynamic duo Lambfoot Image is especially nice, because of the detail in the shadow area.

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1159043

We did sit down a fair few times in the six miles Harvey ;) In fact I think we had a pint per mile! :D Lovely photo of your ebony US Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians!
bXfekLN.jpg

Great-looking pile-side Vince :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack! :thumbsup::D the last of the tradesmen are in today setting new ceramic tile in the kitchen then we are done!! :D

Good news Dave :) :thumbsup:

I like those "3 Commandments", Jack. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: When I work with middle school kids, I usually tell them we'll be guided by the 3 Cs: Cleanliness, Courtesy, and Common Sense. Almost any behavior of which I don't approve can be seen as a violation of at least one of the 3 Cs.

Here's a shot of Union Jack on vacation last summer:
View attachment 1159052

- GT

LOL! :D Scenic pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Dave. The first one (which I replaced because of a defective etch) had magnificent stag ok the mark side, but I am very pleased with both sides of this one.

I'm sure glad that worked out well in the end Vince :) :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Jack, thanks for taking the time to reply to my question.;)

A pleasure :thumbsup:

View attachment 1159161

That's a nice one Bill, hope you like it :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack. I have "Low Life" enroute as well.:)

Have a great evening and night allView attachment 1159194

I hope you find it as interesting as I did Dwight :) That's a splendid pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

Great pics by everyone, I've been enjoying them. Been kinda busy lately and haven't had much time to do more than hit the "like" button :oops:
It's kinda weird when you have to figure out how to find time to get things done when you're retired :rolleyes:
Makes you wonder how you got it all done when you were working - except now there's the addition of more Dr. appointments :D
My first Lambsfoot
D05evWU.jpg

Nice to see that IXL OG :) :thumbsup:

How about a family portrait?
Td8VZV6.jpg

These things are like rabbits!

Good-looking flock Vince :) :thumbsup:

My first Lambsfoot
D05evWU.jpg
Hello OG. That’s an awesome Barlow.

Onebigbill Onebigbill Congratulations. That sure is one nice looking Sambar HH Barlow Lambsfoot.

@Foddering Thank you. Great tonal range in a fine image, Dwight.

Jack Black Jack Black A pint/mi. Now that I could do.:thumbsup: Have fun tomorrow. So nice of you.

Hope everyone is having a good day :) I'm heading off down to the market again tomorrow morning. Leeds best fish & chip shop is closing down very soon, so I said I'd treat the fellers to fish and chips :) :thumbsup:

aCss7DM.jpg

All the best to you, Jack. Good photo of your beautiful stag!;):thumbsup:

pjsjr pjsjr Thank you Preston. That’s a wonderful “fiddling around” image.
Thanks Harvey:thumbsup::D
View attachment 1159161
Nice HHB, as nice when something that nice gets to you fast.
Preston if I had known you were an Army vet I wouldn't have used the Marines as an example. Thank you for your service and I have the utmost respect and appreciation for the bodies and souls who put themselves in harm's way irregardless of the uniform. Again, thank you my friend.
Thank you, Dwight, not to worry, it was a great complement to Dutch and his attitude and approach to his job as a retriever.
My first Lambsfoot
D05evWU.jpg
OG, I do understand, when working I was younger and could do more without as many naps:D That was an excellent first lambfoot!
How about a family portrait?
Td8VZV6.jpg

These things are like rabbits!
Wonderful family shot, Vince. Yes they are much like rabbits.
Jose, those two photos of that handsome HHB cause me to lean to the right and grab onto my chair thinking I might be falling:)
IMG_1235.JPG

Hope everyone is having a good day :) I'm heading off down to the market again tomorrow morning. Leeds best fish & chip shop is closing down very soon, so I said I'd treat the fellers to fish and chips :) :thumbsup:

aCss7DM.jpg
This is not good!!! The loss of a good fish and chip shop is like losing a prized possession!!! Same thing is happening over here, shops that have been run by families for decades are closing because the kids want to pursue other interests. I cannot blame them, especially with these small businesses becoming soft targets for attacks and robberies. So you enjoy your feed of fish and chips, and don't forget to get yourself a good old fashioned Pickle Onion.;)

Thanks Harvey:thumbsup::D

Nice HHB, as nice when something that nice gets to you fast.

Thank you, Dwight, not to worry, it was a great complement to Dutch and his attitude and approach to his job as a retriever.

OG, I do understand, when working I was younger and could do more without as many naps:D That was an excellent first lambfoot!

Wonderful family shot, Vince. Yes they are much like rabbits.

Jose, those two photos of that handsome HHB cause me to lean to the right and grab onto my chair thinking I might be falling:)
IMG_1235.JPG
Great photo Preston! :thumbsup::cool:

Back