1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Great black and tan pairing Dwight! :thumbsup: :)

Thanks for the Black and Tan compliment Jack! :) The stag does match fairly well on your gifted Hartshead Jack. However, I do believe your EDC Hartshead matches better. :thumbsup: I agree whole heartedly with your comments above Jack. The key statement being, "I am perfectly happy to have different types of stag on either side, so long as they both have some character." One thing that I might add from my personal point of view, when I am lucking enough to get to hand pick stag knives in person, is reasonably equal thickness from Mark to Pile sides. However, I by no means would place that above character! :thumbsup::D I would say as an observation judging from all the photos that have been posted here, and the knives that I have personally received, the vintage Sambar that you have had Wrights to use on our knives is very nice quality. :thumbsup: Sure it is possible that they could have maybe matched some knives more closely, but overall they have done a terrific job! :thumbsup: :)

mitch4ging, donn, Cambertree and 5 others like this.
  2. Wild Ben

Wild Ben Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2016
    IMG_1284.JPG This little guy followed me to work today. Break time!

donn, Cambertree, TFBraden and 15 others like this.
  3. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Dennis, thank you for the nice words, RALF and I always appreciate compliments. BD is back in pocket today.

[​IMG]

mitch4ging, donn, Cambertree and 14 others like this.
  4. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    The Hartshead (in stag) is on its way! Can't wait.

5. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    No one can say "You don't know Jack!"

6. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Long day yesterday, about 13 hours with the drive. It was a good day and started off with seeing this just as I left, about a mile from my house. Yes, that is yucca:mad:
    [​IMG]
    So today I'm not fiddling around
    [​IMG]
    Lots to do, have a great day Guardians!
    Thanks Mark, the book is older, published 1988. The prints in the book are well done and the history of the program makes it a gem.
    Mark, the background for that wonderful Ironwoood is very creative...well done:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
    Very good, wish I had thought of that!!!:D
    Glenn, thanks for that photo, makes your effort and work even more impressive!
    Great photo...as usual. Thanks for the comment about Dutch. When I was in the Army, I had the pleasure to work with some Marines. All were, task orientated, hard working, dedicated.
    You bet, he will lick your face off!!!:p Fine photo of you Senator
    I don't, Kevin...thanks for the offer, much appreciated. Great picture, but isn't that a little over the carryng load for that VW Type 2:eek:
    Gary, I didn't notice that you had split the posts, I have a low power level of observationo_O:rolleyes:o_O
    Thanks, Mitch, I know that I have that LP somewhere...I'll try and dig it out and post a follow up/sequel
    Sure, they all count! If you like it, it's good!
    We can hope, we can hope!
    Epic effort, Jack! Great shot of that HHB
    Parsley, rosemary and thyme...ebony and rosewood. Goes well together!
    A couple of fine shots that is a handsome
    Fine photo and fine horn on that lambfoot!

mitch4ging, donn, Cambertree and 13 others like this.
  7. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member

May 10, 2017
    Great looking knife there, Ben!

waynorth, Wild Ben and cigarrodog like this.
  8. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Jack Black Thank you. Happy that yours’ and David’s day was a splendid one. A six mile walk..You have a lot of stamina or I’ve gotten older. I suspect the latter.:) A nice bevy of Lambs displayed.

@pjsjr Thank you Preston. That’s a wonderful “fiddling around” image.

@dc50 Dave, your Lambfoot images really bring the drama with those colorful backgrounds,

@Fodderwing Dwight, the dynamic duo Lambfoot Image is especially nice, because of the detail in the shadow area.

Good Morning Guardians.
    6F48F9E3-5A4A-4C3B-B320-BEB58924DA8C.jpeg

9. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Good morning, Guardians!
    [​IMG]

mitch4ging, donn, Cambertree and 15 others like this.
  10. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you, Dwight Using Lindas art as backgrounds seems to give a unique perspective.:thumbsup::D

11. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    I so much like the color of your Sambar HHB, Vince.

12. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you, Harvey, I only wish that I had your medium "pastry" to work with. :p:thumbsup:

13. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you, Jack! :thumbsup::D the last of the tradesmen are in today setting new ceramic tile in the kitchen then we are done!! :D

14. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Thanks, Harvey. Both sides are remarkable.

mitch4ging, Jack Black, dc50 and 2 others like this.
  15. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Vince, you have wonderful rich color on your Barlow. :thumbsup::cool:

16. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I like those "3 Commandments", Jack. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: When I work with middle school kids, I usually tell them we'll be guided by the 3 Cs: Cleanliness, Courtesy, and Common Sense. Almost any behavior of which I don't approve can be seen as a violation of at least one of the 3 Cs.

Definitely good stuff, Taylor! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I look forward to glimpses of Sköll, John (despite the story about the kid who cried "Wolf" too often :rolleyes:). :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for your nice remark about the Union Jack, Dennis. :)
    I can believe the yucca stalks would draw a boy's attention! ;):thumbsup: The yucca in my back yard is in full bloom right now, and several of the stalks are 6-7 feet tall!

Impressive new lambsfoot, Dennis! Congrats on that Big'un, and plaudits to Charitable Charlie! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

"Mesmerizing" is a good word for it, Vince, especially in that bowl! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Very impressive, Charlie! :eek::thumbsup::cool: You could equip a baseball team with lambsfoots. :D

+ 5K! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Irresistible Ironwood, José! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

The bark on that limb and the pattern/color of your Damascus blade are so similar! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Great choice, Mark; that Ironwood has sole! ;):cool::thumbsup:

John, I had already selected your two photos so I could remark that, since my wife is out of town currently, I didn't have to hear her say, "Boys and their toys!" with that tone in her voice. Then I find that you get some of that at home, too! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Small but splendid, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I almost ignored this pic, Dwight, but upon further reflection, I HAD to express my appreciation for the superb quality of both knife and photo! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on that championship pair!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Ace pic, FBC! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
    Truckin', like the do-dah man. Once told me "You've got to play your hand"
    Sometimes your cards ain't worth a Lamb, if you don't lay'em down...

Definitely the All-Stars of this thread (and others) for the past few weeks!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, Matt. :) Here's a shot of Union Jack on vacation last summer:
    UJ.mark.deckvista.jpg

- GT

mitch4ging, donn, Cambertree and 16 others like this.
  17. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Thanks, Dave. The first one (which I replaced because of a defective etch) had magnificent stag on the mark side, but I am very pleased with both sides of this one.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  18. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    How about: "When are you going to grow up?" :D

19. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    They still do... :D

With only three Lambs, you're going to hear a lot of echo. :D

I'm sure that's the way it is with all of our hobbies, women (excluding Rachel and some others) don't understand, unless it's purses and jewelry. ;)

[​IMG]

mitch4ging, donn, Cambertree and 13 others like this.
  20. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Gary! :)

cigarrodog likes this.