Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I’m carrying my new ebony today. This one had a lot of issues when it arrived. I was able to get the blade pretty centered and remove the blade play. Sanded and buffed the bolsters. It still has gaps in the back spring/liners but it will do. Next on my list is one of those beautiful horn lambsfoot. Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday. Those sausage sandwiches look pretty good, I’ll have to make one someday!

4E33F2A6-A14A-4013-A160-DE680D807B5E.jpeg

I’m carrying my new ebony today. This one had a lot of issues when it arrived. I was able to get the blade pretty centered and remove the blade play. Sanded and buffed the bolsters. It still has gaps in the back spring/liners but it will do. Next on my list is one of those beautiful horn lambsfoot. Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday. Those sausage sandwiches look pretty good, I’ll have to make one someday!

View attachment 1181019
I'm glad you stuck with it. :thumbsup::) if you stick around there will be better lambs coming. :D

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. The look and ambiance of Il Paradiso is exactly what the Chef/Owner envisioned. My kind of place. Great images from your posts. Now about that bread. I love bread. That loaf looks heavenly.

@r8shell Thank you for the trailer, Rachel. A World that has never heard of the Beatles or their songs? I can’t picture that.:eek: They were like my older Brothers introducing me to a different way of life. I will see that movie. The brief bits of Beatle covers in the trailer sounds great.

@Ramrodmb I am so happy that Stella was found. Must have caused a great deal of anxiety inducing worry. Those walking sticks are gorgeous family heirlooms. Many fine images.

@mitch4ging Hope you’re having a good Sunday, Dennis.

Good Afternoon Guardians. There are so many exceptional images from all of you. Today’s Guardian Journal is brilliant.

1C0DB0E5-EF94-4146-A75A-5B0F1BA13AA3_zps9ow4p1at.jpeg

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. The look and ambiance of Il Paradiso is exactly what the Chef/Owner envisioned. My kind of place. Great images from your posts. Now about that bread. I love bread. That loaf looks heavenly.

@r8shell Thank you for the trailer, Rachel. A World that has never heard of the Beatles or their songs? I can’t picture that.:eek: They were like my older Brothers introducing me to a different way of life. I will see that movie. The brief bits of Beatle covers in the trailer sounds great.

@Ramrodmb I am so happy that Stella was found. Must have caused a great deal of anxiety inducing worry. Those walking sticks are gorgeous family heirlooms. Many fine images.

Good Afternoon Guardians. There are so many exceptional images from all of you. Today’s Guardian Journal is brilliant.

Sweet!! :thumbsup::p

View attachment 1181019

That's annoying about the issues Jon, particularly the blade play! o_O It's worth remembering that these are inexpensive knives I think, but blade play is never acceptable. Glad you were able to smooth out most of the bumps :thumbsup:

Thanks Harvey, I picked up that white sourdough loaf from the Bluebird Bakery in York, they're pretty good, and have a branch in Leeds, but I think my local Leeds Bread Co-Op have them beat :) That's a tasty-looking image my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good morning. Biscuits and Gravy with crumpled Jimmy Dean "HOT" Sausage and a couple extra patties for breakfast accompanied by my Buffalo Horn covered "Big Un"

YU8IV6O.jpg

A heart breakfast Ed :) :thumbsup:

Edit Sorry that should have read "hearty breakfast"! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Last edited:
That's annoying about the issues Jon, particularly the blade play! o_O It's worth remembering that these are inexpensive knives I think, but blade play is never acceptable. Glad you were able to smooth out most of the bumps :thumbsup:

Thanks Harvey, I picked up that white sourdough loaf from the Bluebird Bakery in York, they're pretty good, and have a branch in Leeds, but I think my local Leeds Bread Co-Op have them beat :) That's a tasty-looking image my friend :) :thumbsup:

A heart breakfast Ed :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack. I still stand behind my claim that for the price you would be hard pressed to find a better knife. Hope your having a awesome day. :cool:

Thanks Jack. I still stand behind my claim that for the price you would be hard pressed to find a better knife. Hope your having a awesome day. :cool:

Thanks pal, I haven't done a great deal today, just some housework, caught up with a few emails, packaged up a couple of parcels, listened to the radio, and ate some crumble ;) Hope you're having a good one yourself :) :thumbsup:

Sorry pal! :D :thumbsup: That's a great group shot :) :thumbsup:
Just don't let it happen again. ;)
That restaurant looks like my kind of place, no fluff, just good food. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1181019
I got to tell you it made me smile when I read your post. It's great that you took the time to give it a tune and put it to work. :thumbsup:

48561345252_58f4b32da4_h.jpg

Just don't let it happen again. ;)
That restaurant looks like my kind of place, no fluff, just good food. :thumbsup:

I got to tell you it made me smile when I read your post. It's great that you took the time to give it a tune and put it to work. :thumbsup:

48561345252_58f4b32da4_h.jpg
It was to nice of a knife not to give it a few minutes of my time. Awesome comb knife. I use to love those as a kid. :)

Back