1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
  2. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Good morning, Guardians!
    [​IMG]

3. herder

herder Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Am I to understand correctly that Cambertree is suggesting a gathering of the worlds greatest Guardian and culinary members??? :)
    If so, I'm in!!! While I can't cook to save my life, I do consider myself a connoisseur of fine food which runs the gamut from State Fair corn dogs to Coq au vin (which my wife makes).
    Maybe a lofty goal to get a group of like minded people together from around the globe, but what a great idea!!!

Knife content...
    A picture from a father and son (and a couple of knives of course) road trip up to the North Shore of Lake Superior a few weeks back.

BF Wright North Shore .jpg

4. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Yes, nickel silver is "white brass" and some of it can be on the brassy side.
    Unfortunately, the rain came through and now it's like a sauna around here.

That is some fascinating ebony. Burl-like, it makes me think of smoke. Or Smoke over water. :thumbsup:

mitch4ging, dc50, Reaper AL and 10 others like this.
  5. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Chin thank you for the well wishes my friend! :) I always throughly enjoy your photos. This posting is no exception and I thank you for them. However at this time this one of your Bagel Break in the forest really is appealing to me! :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend! :)

I’m still not 100% but improving steadily. Pam’s brother is also making some improvements. The doctor told her this morning if he continues as is he will probably be in ICU a couple of more days. Hopefully things can continue on the upswing! :thumbsup:

I’m probably not leaving the house today but I’ve got my AC in my pocket to keep me company! Thanks to all you Guardians for the thoughts and prayers! They are felt and appreciated! :thumbsup: :)

[​IMG]

6. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Best to your brother-in-law. Smoke up. Good to hear you're doing better too. I just hate it when I've got my head in a bucket too.:):eek:

mitch4ging and Jack Black like this.
  7. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks for the smoke Ed! :thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.
  8. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    I am sorry that you both are going through this, Ron. Hope you are feeling better. I also hope for the best for your Brother in Law. May you all be granted comfort and strength.

@mitch4ging - Thank you Dennis. That Horn Lambsfoot is exquisite. Hope things are going your way today, my friend.

@5K Qs - Thank you GT. Love your LamBar Jack.

@Jack Black - Thank you Buddy. Here’s to happy feet. Merrells Rule. Size 12, please.:) Your AC is smashing. Any place. Any time,

@Timeinthefield - I’d call 1500 pages and your first Lambsfoot a great start. Welcome.

@Cambertree - Thank you Chin for all that goodness you posted.:thumbsup:

Good Afternoon Guardians.
    [​IMG]

9. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    I'm feeling and praying for you, Pam and your brother-in law, Ron!! Please pass along my sympathies to Pam!! I hope things don't reach the DNR stage!!:(

mitch4ging, JohnDF, Modoc ED and 4 others like this.
  10. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Haha, thanks Dennis.
    Are those practice swords behind your handsome horn Lambsfoot?

Welcome to the Guardians!
    Nice looking Lamb , is it horn?

I was going to include a fero rod but I would've had to take out one of the Lambs ..... and I couldn't decide which one. ;):p:D

Self control is over rated. :D
    Wow, I really like that!
    Nicely matched and unique ebony. :thumbsup:

New screensaver! :D
    Another post well enjoyed.

We gotta work with what we got. :thumbsup:
    I could go for some of that cold weather right about now. Although, I shouldn't complain, it hasn't been that bad here.

Fare ye well, Man Jack.

I am pretty sure that they did call them Cabriolets. I never got into convertibles very much, too easy to break into and too much of a pain to deal with.

I'm not totally sure that I would want to survive a roller disco apocalypse! :eek:;):D

That is some great news, Ron!
    Nice clean shot of that sweet AC. :thumbsup:

Betty with the rat rod Ghia model kit that I built many many years ago.
    If Betty were a car, I think she would be a Rat Rod.
    [​IMG]

11. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'll bring my appetite ;)
    Really enjoying the series the great photos of your sojourns! Please keep 'em comin' :cool:
    Peach pie is without a doubt my favorite :thumbsup: Sounds like a great way to start the day to me.
    Besides, like @flatblackcapo says, self control is overrated ;)
    I had biscuits and gravy this morning. Like they used to say "larrupin' good"
    Here's a larger pic that was on the wall in last Fridays Flashback.
    Another Ansel Adams - this is of Canyon de Chelly Nat'l Monument, AZ taken in 1942
    OG
    [​IMG]

12. OLd_gUY

Feb 20, 2018
    Definitely
    I knew a guy in Bakersfield who bought a used red Karmann Ghia which had a personal plate. It belonged to a gal who was super proud of her high school accomplishment of having once been elected Home Coming Queen. And since it is a small world, she happened to have the same first name as his ex.
    Somehow the plate got past the CA regulation board. The abbreviation for Past Homing Queen Lynn was, you guessed it... PHQLYN.
    He wrote a check on the spot :D Drove it daily 'til the day he died.
    OG

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  13. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    OG, your Marshall Tucker post got me on a country music kick. My wife is not happy with you. ;):D

In case any of you fans of country music have not heard this guy, listen up!

Thanks for the story, OG.
    Though,I am not sure what "phqlyn" means..... I did a quick search and found nothing of note.
    I can be a bit sloooow at times so please forgive me.

mitch4ging, dc50, Cambertree and 4 others like this.
  14. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you very much Gary.:):thumbsup:

15. Invoice

Invoice Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2006
    I guess I'm now a member.:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
  17. OLd_gUY

Feb 20, 2018
    Good song :thumbsup:
    I'd be mighty surprised if you found it :)
    If you phonetically replace an "F" for the PH and "K" for the Q, I think you'll get the idea.
    Hope I haven't raised too much dischord in the homestead. Just in case, here's one she might find to be OK-maybe...
    OG

mitch4ging, dc50, Reaper AL and 4 others like this.
  18. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you Harvey! :)

Thank you Charlie! I be sure and tell Pam! :)

Thanks FBC! :thumbsup: :)

cigarrodog and flatblackcapo like this.
  19. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Cooking chili Sunday.

peanutsxx, mitch4ging, dc50 and 16 others like this.
  20. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012