1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Edited and stolen from my house for more appropriate content :D
    What could be more appropriate then spinning some family orientated vinyl
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, mitch4ging, dc50 and 14 others like this.
  2. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
  3. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    You had me at grits!
    You really had me at grits and bacon!

I think those two could easily trade leads for a good long time. Let's hope it's a marathon!

Thank you kindly. My wife, youngest dog, and I had a nice hike on a mostly paved trail along the coast. It was a bit overcast, but the temperature was perfect for hiking. There were a bunch of surfers in the water at our turn-around point. This morning I mentioned that to a friend who surfs, telling him that I'd been thinking about him. It turns out he was there in the water at exactly that time. Small world!

Sounds like a great hike. Thanks for sharing!

I haven't tried that one yet. Sounds like I need to track down a sample. Challenge accepted. :D

They sure do! I used mine to slice up a dog treat into tiny pieces (very similarly to my "I carry a lambsfoot..." post from the other day) when we were starting to run low on supply. :)

:D

Delightful!

That's a really nice dream. Wouldn't that be something!?

Maybe we can do a virtual potluck some day and cook and post a picture of what we'd bring? Wouldn't be quite the same, but still might be fun. :thumbsup:

And, you wanna PM me that recipe? :D

That's a fantastic family you've got there! I like them all, but the horn on the big 'un on the left ant the li'l one on the top have me quite smitten. :thumbsup:

I sure did! Thanks, GT. And, you're right. It does look right at home in the outdoors, now that you mention it. I guess that's no surprise given its creator. :thumbsup:

I'm glad you made an exception. Great to see it again!

Jiki, that is some fantastic patina you've developed. Hope the chili turned out super tasty and to just the level of heat you were shooting for. :)

peanutsxx, mitch4ging, dc50 and 11 others like this.
  4. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thanks. They will both have lots of time together. :cool::thumbsup:

cigarrodog and WhittlinAway like this.
  5. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    It didn't hang around long Bill! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Wow, that is incredible Jon :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Matt :) :thumbsup:

Hope they're settling in OK John, your Rosewood is looking great :) :thumbsup:

Great thoughts on that BBQ Chin :) Glad to hear you had a good hike, what an incredible range of photographs, that looks like a tasty sandwich my friend :) Great investigative pie reporting, they look good, and it's nice to hear you were able to get hold of some Henderson's, I am a bit shocked! :D I had to laugh at your description of that John Smith's! :D I wouldn't give mouth-room to any of those beers mate. I imagine Rob's main market is ex-pat Poms, who emigrated in the 60's, the pies look great, but you're probably best buying your beer somewhere else I reckon ;) Fantastic pics my friend :) :thumbsup:

Hope you had a wonderful time Bill :) You must be glad to be reunited with your Lambsfoot though ;) :thumbsup:

A fine-looking flock Ed :) :thumbsup:

Glad you're liking the Little 'Un Mike, and hope you had a great time with your parents :thumbsup:

Farewell dear friend :) :thumbsup:

mitch4ging, dc50, Reaper AL and 5 others like this.
  6. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you very much Gary :) Great to see LamBarJack :thumbsup:

Thanks Al :) You are very industrious my friend, I'm afraid mine were just shop-bought :oops: I spent a lot of time cranking the mincer as a kid though ;) :D :thumbsup:

cigarrodog and JaxBaron like this.
  7. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Absolutely stunning Dan :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Where did you find that Vince? :D Great pic :thumbsup:

Wouldn't it be great? :) That's a fantastic picture my friend, and I'm sure that was a great trip :) :thumbsup:

That's good news Ron, hope things continue to improve with both you and Pam's brother. Nice pic of your AC :thumbsup:

Thank you Harvey, that's a very cool pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Betty is riding in fine style Kevin :) :thumbsup:

That certainly is some fine photography OG :) Your Hartshead Barlow fits in nice too ;) :thumbsup:

Welcome to The Guardians :) :thumbsup:

That's taking on some nice character :)

Good to see that one Jer :thumbsup:

mitch4ging, dc50, Reaper AL and 9 others like this.
  8. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Morning Guardians, hope everyone had a great weekend :) Another day-off here, but catching up is eating into my day, and I need to get on with a few things. Hopefully I can catch up fully later, but for now I'll just wish everyone a good week :thumbsup:

Carrying my AC again :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

9. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Good morning and good week Guardians.:):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

10. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
    Beautifully figured Ebony! Unusual and gorgeous knife.

[​IMG]

JaxBaron and Jack Black like this.
  11. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Somewhere on the internet. I think I was doing a search on Yorkshire Day.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  12. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Very good :D It's a typical example of Yorkshire humour :thumbsup:

It's over 100 in my living room, so I have had to seek air-conditioned sanctuary in my local for a couple of hours ;) :thumbsup:

13. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Jack. :)

That's a fun picture. :cool::thumbsup:

14. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Good Monday Morning Guardians
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  15. Eversharp!

Eversharp! Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Great album! Many,many spins back in the day.

Jack Black, OLd_gUY and r8shell like this.
  16. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Thank you. I really like the uniqueness of the covers!

Jack Black and waynorth like this.
  17. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Didn't think it got that hot in England! Forecast for today is a high of 100 degrees F. I love air conditioning!

Hope you have a great day, Jack.

Good morning, Guardians!
    [​IMG]

18. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

May 10, 2017
    Good morning, Guardians!
    [​IMG]

19. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I don't know about y'all, but every time my Hartshead Barlow finds its way into my pocket, it holds that spot for several days. Today's day three.

[​IMG]

20. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I’m hanging in there! :thumbsup: My brother in law is still in ICU, but slowly making improvements. So it’s day to day for now! :) My Waynorth Jigged Bone Lambsfoot is serving as a comforting worry stone today! :thumbsup:

[​IMG]