Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Never get tired of that ivory!

mitch4ging and Jack Black like this.
  2. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Here is something for a rainy day!! (Raining all weekend here in the Rainforest!!). I've jumped on the slingshot bandwagon, and I am currently building a "shot trap" using my HHB of course, and an old cardboard box!!! Now I'll be able to practice in my "Man-cave"!!! Except I feel like a "Kid" again!!:D
    HHB w Wasp 1.jpg

TFBraden, peanutsxx, donn and 17 others like this.
  3. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Or a chaw of tabacky!

dc50, Jack Black and cigarrodog like this.
  4. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Vince :) :thumbsup:

Great stuff Charlie, have fun my friend :) Love that pic :cool: :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

TFBraden, mitch4ging, dc50 and 2 others like this.
  5. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Ill be expecting a Daryl Hannah Clan ofThe Cave Bear scene very soon @waynorth Charlie..:D

6. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    I'll be watching out for Cave Bears:mad: - and Daryl Hannah of course!!:D

7. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Wasn't she in a funny Steve Martin movie once?

Jack Black and waynorth like this.
  8. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    TFBraden and Jack Black like this.
  9. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Jack Black - Sorry for not responding sooner. The Lamb is indeed a 1XL. You have some very top drawer Lambs. A pleasure to look at. So is that link to tools. It’s monetized for the old Catalogues, but well worth it for the serious researcher. Good to hear that your having a nice weekend.

@pjsjr Hello Preston. Very nice image.

Good Afternoon Guardians. Another 1XL.
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, donn, Pàdruig and 18 others like this.
  10. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Roxanne

11. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Just some small alterations to that Teamaid design and POW....BEERMAID !
    Those short bands on the sling shot should work juuuust fine....for a T-Rex. :p:D;)

The White Rose is looking splendid, as always. :thumbsup:
    Also, thank you for the link.

You must be right, just an oversight.... :rolleyes::D

My Saturday Lamb
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, peanutsxx, donn and 19 others like this.
  12. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you Harvey, that is gorgeous :) There are a few catalogues to download for free here: https://taths.org.uk/reading/downloads. More freebies here: https://taths.org.uk/reading/taths-free-e-books Lots more too, you just need to look around the site a bit :thumbsup:

13. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    A little more catch-up action for me as I quote some almost-randomly-selected posts from earlier this week.

Thanks for the info on your photo, Harvey, and for the compliment regarding VJ. :)

I appreciate your support of the VJ portrait. :)
    Your Alfred Blackwell is a venerable and vivid lambsfoot, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Exciting ebony, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cool photo, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: For a sun-chasing mythical wolf, Sköll took a surprisingly dainty bite out of that fruit. ;)

Impressive array of ironwood lambsfoots, Ron! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Couple of lovely bowls along with your enchanting ebony lambsfoot, Dan! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

At least 3 enticing textures in that photo, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

That 2-bolster ebony lambsfoot is supremely sophisticated, Mike! ;):cool::cool:

Interesting post and immaculate AC photo, Neal! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Jack, your matched set of Unity cutlery is grand (and delightfully self-referential in its "unity" ;))! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Your jigged bone WCLF is an exquisite, breathtaking knife, ED!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D:D Thanks for the amusing entertainment, gents!

José, I always enjoy seeing your green jigged bone lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That big horn lambsfoot is a real looker, ED! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

The photo of your AC is Artistically Compelling, Harvey! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Bread and ebony lambsfoot both look delectable, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

When the chips are down, that jigged bone WCLF will pick you up, Matt! ;):cool::cool:

Congrats, ED! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Jack's generosity and thoughtfulness are legendary!

Good Old Jake
    Takes the Cake! ;)
    FBC, your comment about my comment reminded me of this :D:thumbsup::

Valley Jack is back:
    VJ.pile.Vopen.knot.jpg

- GT

TFBraden, peanutsxx, donn and 22 others like this.
  14. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Write too much, and you have to split your blabberings.

Intriguing info about the cannons, David, and especially interesting to me since I live in Kent County Michigan (although we have no fortress to match the one in your pics :rolleyes:)!
    I'm so glad you located the Eye of Sauron after a brief separation; great to see that unforgettable knife again! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Peerless Pere David stag, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stunning photo of your AC, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
    Perhaps my weekend activities weren't exciting, but I made a substantial dent in the list I drew up Friday evening! ;):thumbsup:
    0) Not on my original list, but the first thing I did at 7am Saturday: impulsively went to the next door bakery to see if any of their "day-old" 50% off products included chocolate chip cookies. Scored 2 bags of 4 BIG cookies each! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)
    1) Lawn mowed, after picking up leaves and sticks.
    2) Laundry.
    3) Returned stack of books to library, including one that required my reading about 150 final pages during breaks in the laundry.
    4) Turned the 2-block trip to the library into a 2.5 mile walk (the weather here is gorgeous this weekend).
    5) Volunteered in the "infant nursery" (kids < 2 years old) at church this morning. Only one kid instead of the usual 4-6, and he was scared to death of me the first half hour. But I kept ignoring him and enjoying myself with the many toys available, and he was finally compelled to join me to see why I was having all the fun.
    6) Took care of some financial record-keeping.
    7) Took some knife pics. (Preparing them for public consumption will have to wait for a different day.)
    8) Worked on catching up in the Guardians thread.
    9) Composed lab instructions for my statistics class.
    Who knows what else I might get done in the 4 hours before I go to bed??? :p:thumbsup:

Your distinguished ebony looks even more elegant flanked by the colorful stones, Dave! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Old Black Betty!!
    Bam-ba-Lamb!! :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Holy Cow, Dennis! :eek::( Belated Get Well Soon wishes to you! Glad you're home, but ICU for a week sounds less than ideal! You sound like a man after my own heart, though, regarding the footwear. :) When I go to bed at night, the last things to come off are shoes, pants, and glasses, in that order, and those are the first things to go on in the morning, in reverse order. Between getting up and going to bed, I'm almost never without shoes, pants, and glasses!

:D:p

Marvelous photo of a majestic knife! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Good to see Old Toffee-wings again! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

You take inspired pics of your ironwood, Mark! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Your stag HHB looks like baked goods, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Congrats on the Astros accomplishments! ;):cool:

- GT

TFBraden, Pt-Luso, Ramrodmb and 14 others like this.
  15. herder

herder Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Blabberings aside ( :) ) you always post interesting and thoughtful words.

16. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    @mitch4ging Mate sorry to hear you have been in hospital, hope you are on the mend.:thumbsup: And off topic, politically incorrect:thumbsdown:, and strictly between you and me, was nurse Mandi a good sort?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

17. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    TY Guardians :)

NICE Charlie, so great to see another fellow Guardian lambsfoot totting and slingshot shooting :)

My wife is even allowing me to turn a part of our basement into a shooting slingshot range for the winter :thumbsup:
    I hope it works and no errant shot ever pokes a hole in the drywall :eek: cause it’s a lot of fun !

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    TFBraden, akaMatt, mitch4ging and 6 others like this.
  18. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you kindly, GT :)

TFBraden, mitch4ging and cigarrodog like this.
  19. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Well that made my morning viewing that spectacular I*XL!!

mitch4ging, Jack Black and dc50 like this.
  20. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Wow Gary, you have been busy :) Thanks for all the kind words my friend, that's a cracking photo of Valley Jack :thumbsup:

Thanks again pal, you have had a very industrious weekend :thumbsup: Nice score on those cookies ;) Sadly, bakeries are pretty rare here these days, but I remember a lot of places used to reduce yesterday's bread, cakes, and pastries to half-price. When I was in my late teens, I lived near a couple that opened until midnight, and from 11.00pm they'd mark the stuff down. Me and my girlfriend would head to one of them for a haul of cream cakes pretty regularly! :D :thumbsup: