1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Nice shooting Dan! Looks like your getting good at shooting slingshots.:D Glad to see your lambfoot was able to join in on the fun.

Jack Black, Crazy Canuck and CelloDan like this.
  2. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    [​IMG]
    I'll see if Laurel's Kitchen has a recipe that isn't too complicated for me. If I have to wing it, I'll do 1/3 whole rye, 1/3 whole wheat, and 1/3 unbleached wheat.

3. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    And gasoline will never go over a dollar a gallon.
    I don't remember what politician that was, back in the 70s, but he was mistaken.
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, Reaper AL, donn and 16 others like this.
  4. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    The workers had to unhook my internet. So I'll be using my phone for a while. That means posting pictures will be more difficult. But I'll still be checking in.

5. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Well, here's my third catch-up post for this thread in the past two days, and this catches me up to sometime Sunday evening. Not bad! :rolleyes:

Charming stag and patina on that lambs foot, Steve; welcome back! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack; it's great to be seen here. ;)

Looks like some excellent finds, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Superior stag duo, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cool photo, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
    (Strange association: it made me think of A Study in Scarlet the first Sherlock Holmes novel. :rolleyes:)

Exemplary ebony, Dan! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

The "Blip" is back! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
    (Reminds me of a heart monitor display - hasn't gone "flatline" yet. :rolleyes:)

Thanks for the shots of your stunning White Rose, Jack! :eek::cool::cool:

Great gift from the grandkids, AL; I hope you have a memorable birthday! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Superb photo of your stag HHB, @natchezz! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Welcome back, Preston; wonderful vista! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for passing on the good news, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

That's a very colorful pic of a basic black ebony lambsfoot, Dave! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Looking good, Charlie; have fun, Kid! :cool::D:cool:

When it comes to photos, Harvey, you're not bragging if you say "I Excel"! :thumbsup::cool::cool:;)
    That knife is stating true facts, too, when it says, "I XL"!
    (Do you find all of your colorful leaves yourself, or have you taught Ari to hunt them down for you? ;))

Great photo of your two-tone horn, FBC! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I thought yesterday I had quoted a post of yours showing that knife with some hand-rolled cigarettes, but I somehow "dropped" that quote. It took me back about 45 years when I used to "roll my own" (or at least tried) using Flying Dutchman pipe tobacco.

I appreciate your generous take on my posts. :)

Thanks, Jack. :) "Our" local bakery is open 7am-9pm (closed Sundays), and they offer discounts similar to what you recalled. From 8pm to closing, there are discounts that depend on how many items you order. I think the maximum is half-price for 6 or more items.

:D:thumbsup:

Black Jack, my 2018 Guardians ebony lambsfoot SFO, is my lambsfoot this week:
    BJ.mark.Vopen.flat.sunset.jpg

- GT

6. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you Gary! :):thumbsup:

cigarrodog likes this.
  7. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Classy picture, GT. :cool: :thumbsup:

mitch4ging and cigarrodog like this.
  8. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Morning

[​IMG]

9. herder

herder Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Jack Black, cigarrodog and dc50 like this.
  10. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    @mitch4ging - Dennis I wanted to express my best wishes for a quick recovery my friend. Very sorry to hear about your ICU ordeal but happy to see you are back home.

11. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Dwight it's such a pleasure to see you again my friend. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

12. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    And it's good to see you, Dwight! Hope all is well.

13. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    It's like 4:30 in the afternoon. ;)

Hey... a Dwight sighting.
    We miss you Dwight, don't be a stranger. :)

14. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    You are so correct, the additives in bread are incredible. I know it is not the artisan way, but due to space limitations i used a breadmaker, and they do a good job, and you know what is in your bread. I made a wholemeal/wholegrain spelt sourdough bread, which you could keep for 2 days, then made fantastic toast with homemade marmalade or jam. I have blown up 3 bread makers, where as most people use them once or twice, then they sit in the back of the cupboard. But do not be hesitant about using a breadmaker, and a hell of a lot cheaper.

15. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Evening Guardians. Monday is done, and the weekend is now a day closer :D

[​IMG]

16. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Yeah, I made up that post at 6:00 AM on the way out the door to Redding, CA and forgot to hit the "Post Reply" button and there it was in the "Comments" box when I got home so I went ahead and posted it.

I'll try to do better tomorrow.

17. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Dedication. :D :thumbsup:

18. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    Jack, my father would be turning in his grave if he knew what we are paying for working mans pleasures now.:( We had the transfer to decimal currency in 1966, so i will give some relevant examples in dollars. A ten ounce glass of beer-9 cents, now 5 dollars. A packet of cigarettes 25 cents, now 45-55 dollars, depending where you buy them, the paper 2-3 cents, now 1 dollar 90 cents-3 dollars on a sunday. He would be horrified.:mad::mad::mad:o_Oo_Oo_O

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  19. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    Sorry to hear that, ours is just starting, and if the early strawberries are anything to go by, we are in for a ripper of a season.:p:p:p

Jack Black and Ramrodmb like this.
  20. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @mitch4ging - Thank you for the kind words. Hope that your day was a good one, Dennis, and that tomorrow’s even better. Your Lamb and challenge coins makes for a great image.

@Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Of course your HH Barlow is divine, but that Bread looks amazing.:)

@Ramrodmb - Mark, your Ironwood image is smashing!

@5K Qs - much thanks, GT. I gather the leaves that catch my eye, while Ari tends to his sniffing every square inch of ground.:) Your Black Jack is a beaut.

@Fodderwing - Great to see you appear, Dwight. You are well missed.