Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

It was a real backwater 40 years ago, when I told folks I was from Sheffield, some had never heard of it, and others asked me if it was in Kent :D
That is amazing.
I guess it was 43 years ago I was there.
Not quite as early as this 1911 Britannica.
BLuF6gS.jpg

Last edited:
I am impressed with the shaves I'm getting with my open-comb razor, but it sure is heavy on blades. I use Feathers, and even after a couple of shaves, they are starting to drag o_O

v8ofnAV.jpg

I don't know why, but for some reason... When I ask myself what might be in Jack's shaving cup, the only answer that makes sense would be some Mitchell's :D

Li'l Lambsfoot in buffalo for Friday. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

jiVEch5.jpg

I am impressed with the shaves I'm getting with my open-comb razor, but it sure is heavy on blades. I use Feathers, and even after a couple of shaves, they are starting to drag o_O

v8ofnAV.jpg

My pal is picking me up shortly, and we're going out for more coffee, then collecting his kids up from skool :thumbsup:
Beautiful razor. Almost makes me want to start shaving again! I like the Feather blades too. I used them two or three times before discarding them.

I finally had time this morning to finish up Skoll.
I hit it with a few finer grades of sandpaper, finishing with 320 grit.
I then rubbed it down with some oil. I think it turned out fairly well and I like the slimmer feel.

And what other oil would I use on a fine English knife? ;)

I then rubbed it down with some oil. I think it turned out fairly well and I like the slimmer feel.

LOVE IT !!! :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians. UPDATE to yesterdays doctor visits. THE CAT SCAN technician called me late yesterday afternoon and said the report of my CAT SCAN and the CD were available for pick up so, the wife and I went to town to pick them up. When we got there, laid out on the table, was a sucker and Tootsie Rolls. The technician that was there said the morning technician didn't know they had suckers and Tootsie Rolls for Kids - Little Kids and Big Kids.:thumbsup::D:rolleyes: SO - to sum it up, yesterday wasn't too bad after all. I bagged a Ranger Rick magazine, a sucker and Tootsie Rolls. AND we all got to learn about Wombat Poop:thumbsup:.

0xrlpsl.jpg

Beautiful razor. Almost makes me want to start shaving again! I like the Feather blades too. I used them two or three times before discarding them.

Thanks Vince :) I've been using Feathers five years or more now, and haven't found anything else to compare :thumbsup:

Very nice work John, Skoll is looking super sleek and swell :) Great pics too :) :thumbsup:

I hope all you Guardians have a great day! :):thumbsup:

48332462997_cc9844ba6a_o_d.jpg

Great looking WCLF Ron :) :thumbsup:

Hi, my name is Tiki, I just had a shower ! ... and I don't know why there is a random knife in this picture :)
2fEfK2W.jpg

Cool pic Dan :) :thumbsup:

I know I've joked about it before... but I'm really starting to think that you ARE Dr. Doolittle. ;)

LOL! Me too! :D :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians. UPDATE to yesterdays doctor visits. THE CAT SCAN technician called me late yesterday afternoon and said the report of my CAT SCAN and the CD were available for pick up so, the wife and I went to town to pick them up. When we got there, laid out on the table, was a sucker and Tootsie Rolls. The technician that was there said the morning technician didn't know they had suckers and Tootsie Rolls for Kids - Little Kids and Big Kids.:thumbsup::D:rolleyes: SO - to sum it up, yesterday wasn't too bad after all. I bagged a Ranger Rick magazine, a sucker and Tootsie Rolls. AND we all got to learn about Wombat Poop:thumbsup:.

0xrlpsl.jpg

Bargain Ed! :) Hope your results were a success too my friend :) :thumbsup:

1XjeGXI.jpg

HP sauce is good in a fried egg sandwich, too.
I'm just assuming it should be refrigerated after opening, which makes it act like the catsup in the Carly Simon commercial.
EAlhGQc.jpg

I never know about refrigeration, I put some Stubbs BBQ sauce in the fridge, and ruined it :( :thumbsup:

0xrlpsl.jpg
A very good day all around, ED. :)

Very nice work John, Skoll is looking super sleek and swell :) Great pics too :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack. :)

I never know about refrigeration, I put some Stubbs BBQ sauce in the fridge, and ruined it :( :thumbsup:

My rule of thumb is that if eateries leave condiments on their counters and tables full time, then those condiments don't need refrigeration - Catsup, Mustard, A-1 Sauce, Heinz 57, etc.

If the product doesn't say "Refrigerate After Opening", I don't refrigerate it.

0xrlpsl.jpg
Tootsie Rolls are kinda square shaped, aren't they? o_O;)
I never know about refrigeration, I put some Stubbs BBQ sauce in the fridge, and ruined it :(
That's odd, because everyone I know keeps sauces like that in the fridge. Stubb's was originally in Austin, and room temperature can be in the 80s for much of the year.

That's odd, because everyone I know keeps sauces like that in the fridge. Stubb's was originally in Austin, and room temperature can be in the 80s for much of the year.

What I found is that after 24 hours in the fridge, it became thin and ultra runny, and it stayed in that state, even after I took it out :( I keep my Secret Aardvark in the fridge, and that is fine :thumbsup: I replaced the Stubb's with Skeeter's, but I don't really care for it :( Watch yourself on that hot sauce! :D :thumbsup:

I've had a Stag Hartshead Barlow for some time and have wanted a Rosewood Hartshead Barlow to go along with it; however, Jack Black Jack Black didn't have any more. Charlie @waynorth PM'ed me and said he had one available so, I snatched it up and here it is. Very, very nice and a big thank you to Charlie.

zLwH30D.jpg

rAbO6v2.jpg

I'll post more and better pictures later.

Great stuff Ed, that's a nice one :) I wish I'd had more than 20 of those made, particularly as there won't be any more :(

I used to like Tootsie Rolls until you put that in my head. :eek:
:p
What I found is that after 24 hours in the fridge, it became thin and ultra runny, and it stayed in that state, even after I took it out :( I keep my Secret Aardvark in the fridge, and that is fine :thumbsup: I replaced the Stubb's with Skeeter's, but I don't really care for it :( Watch yourself on that hot sauce! :D :thumbsup:

Great stuff Ed, that's a nice one :) I wish I'd had more than 20 of those made, particularly as there won't be any more :(
If the hot sauce is as spicy as I expect, it should be shelf stable.

I never know about refrigeration, I put some Stubbs BBQ sauce in the fridge, and ruined it :(
uh oh.
My rule of thumb is that if eateries leave condiments on their counters and tables full time, then those condiments don't need refrigeration - Catsup, Mustard, A-1 Sauce, Heinz 57, etc.
Makes sense.
If the product doesn't say "Refrigerate After Opening", I don't refrigerate it.
Makes sense too, and reminds me I probably need new glasses.
That's my default.
My HP got extra thick.
I'll get out an illuminated magnifier and look for the "refrigerate". I think HP is largely fruit anyway, so since when do I fear fermentation.
kdQ5uyZ.jpg

I went to hpsauce.co.uk and asked them. The bottle doesn't say anything about refrigerating, so I've taken it out of the fridge.

Last edited:
Back