Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

So Fluid Film is lanolin-based and non-toxic. I'll get some when I run out of canola spray.
641cL38.jpg

A little reluctant sunlight today. (Snapped it just in time.)

Don't know if they have it in Canada, or something similar, but I spray Fluid Film on the inside chutes and blades and it pretty much keeps the wetter white stuff from sticking and clogging it up.

Thank you @natchezz and the Guardians for the useful tips :thumbsup: I will certainly look into it !

Good morning Guardians !
My lamb and I woke up to this :

qbzqrdM.jpg

But in short time we had it like this :):thumbsup:

BJRgk1k.jpg

It was not as bad as I though it would be. :)

Big day today!!! Later on I'm off to get some gas and a couple of hot-dogs at a local fuel stop. For all of you who are not retired, when you retire, this is something to look forward to.:rolleyes: Also, this Mojie becomes more meaningful as time passes - :confused:

Bg7Y4D7.jpg

^ ^ ^ ^ This ebony SFO will go along with me for the ride. ^ ^ ^ ^

Last edited:
Good Morning Guardians
Such an exciting football game last night... so much fun watching it with friends. :cool::thumbsup:

Glad you enjoyed it John, Skoll is looking stupendous ;) :thumbsup:

641cL38.jpg

A little reluctant sunlight today. (Snapped it just in time.)

Made for a nice pic Jer :cool: I don't know if we had the snow-blower maintenance discussion last year, but I was slightly disturbed to realise I already knew this stuff! :D :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians !
My lamb and I woke up to this :

qbzqrdM.jpg

But in short time we had it like this :):thumbsup:

BJRgk1k.jpg

It was not as bad as I though it would be. :)

I was just about to say, 'Here, that'd be a national emergency', but the severe flooding in the North of England hasn't been declared a national emergency yet o_O

image.jpg

Looks like your snow-blower did a great job Dan :thumbsup:

Big day today!!! Later on I'm off to get some gas and a couple of hot-dogs at a local fuel stop. For all of you who are not retired, when you retire, this is something to look forward to.:rolleyes: Also, this Mojie becomes more meaningful as time passes - :confused:

Bg7Y4D7.jpg

Sounds good to me Ed :) :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about the miserable weather Dennis :( Thanks pal, it rained hard all night, but is dry at the moment :rolleyes: Great photo, and I share your sentiments my friend
It's sunny and ~34°F, so really a beautiful day today.

Thanks, Jack!:thumbsup:
Thought I'd treat myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day! ;) :thumbsup:

6OWaIPD.jpg

En0C7BL.jpg
That would be a hard pair to beat!;):thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians
Such an exciting football game last night... so much fun watching it with friends. :cool::thumbsup:
Sounds like a good way to spend a Sunday! '9ers??
Celebrating today :) Finally got a whistling stopper for my Kelly Kettle Trekker! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

aatstfe.jpg

Edit - Just adding a couple of gratuitous pics ;)

3odElqc.jpg

RUdJ8co.jpg
Brilliant! A rocket stove & a kettle! Gonna have to find one of those!:):thumbsup:
Sorry, no truck and lamb pic today, Dennis. I did find my old Atari games though. :D
49049893293_41aa4e1fca_h.jpg
Well thats cool!
My younger brother dug out his old Apple iie the other day....a beast!:D:thumbsup:

It's sunny and ~34°F, so really a beautiful day today.

Thanks, Jack!:thumbsup:

That would be a hard pair to beat!;):thumbsup:

Sounds like a good way to spend a Sunday! '9ers??

Brilliant! A rocket stove & a kettle! Gonna have to find one of those!:):thumbsup:

Well thats cool!
My younger brother dug out his old Apple iie the other day....a beast!:D:thumbsup:

Nice to hear you're getting some sunshine Dennis :) Thank you my friend :) The Kelly Kelly is an old design, and a little clunky, but I don't know of any other stove that will bring water to the boil faster (and I used to test outdoor gear for a living), absolutely incredible :thumbsup:

TAkcsQe.jpg

Bg7Y4D7.jpg

I'm gettin ya matey.:confused:

Inspired by Jack's History bits and Jer's mode of transport, I thought I'd truck these in from the cold, of the Queen's tower (a display case):)!!
These Lamb Foot knives are all Wright, except the black Eye!!
View attachment 1230372 View attachment 1230373 View attachment 1230374 View attachment 1230375 View attachment 1230376 View attachment 1230377

Is that an original TONKA? I have mine from when I wur a nipper but it's not in anyway near as good a shape.
Your flock looks mighty fine there. :thumbsup:

Ain't that the way it works! But a wonderful photo, David!:)

Here's some memorable from days past, bringing in a few allies that are always there with us.
View attachment 1230648
Hope some day we won't have to go to war anymore.

"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.

Douglas MacArthur"

Aye, I thought maybe folks in the US would of got a better view of the transit but looking at everyone's snow pictures that probably wasn't the case.
A great collection of pins there and good sentiments to. :thumbsup:

For all of you who are not retired, when you retire,

When I retire.... You've got a great sense of humour there Ed. :D

Celebrating today :) Finally got a whistling stopper for my Kelly Kettle Trekker! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

aatstfe.jpg

Edit - Just adding a couple of gratuitous pics ;)

3odElqc.jpg

RUdJ8co.jpg

Nice one Jack. :thumbsup: I'm thinking of getting myself a Ghillie Kettle for a Christmas present.
https://www.ghillie-kettle.co.uk/

Ah .... those were the days :cool::D

0gL9y4T.jpg

lSPyOpg.jpg

Great colours. I'd settle for just seeing some blue sky. :(

Well I'm not a happy chap. Myself and Jack may of mentioned once or twice that over here in the north of England it's barely stopped raining for about 2 months.
Last week I put my HHB in my car glovebox. Yesterday I went to get it out and found the blade covered in rust. :( The inside of the car was...damp to say the least, as I've not driven it since last Thursday and it's been sat outside.
Not the best picture but the shadow on the blade is all rust, not a patina, as I've barely used this knife.
8dvQ0BS.jpg

Hope everyone's day is going OK. My week is off to a great start as I took receipt of a fantastic package from the multi-talented CelloDan CelloDan :) Inside was a pile of literature about Dan's beautiful locale, a special bottle-opener, key-ring, and two absolutely incredible hand-turned bowls :eek: Is there no end to the feller's talents? :cool: Many thanks Dan, the beautiful bowls will have pride of place in my humble home :) :thumbsup:
Congrats on getting that fantastic package from Dan, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Kudos to Dan for his thoughtfulness! :)
Jack, your AC looks like a perfect Apple Cutter! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good Tuesday morning everyone.
Ironwood 2019 SFO's.
The wrench is stamped "pocket wrench" and about 4 inches long when retracted. Made very slim, works great and has a nice patina.;)
Phenomenal photo of your ironwood pair and the useful pocket wrench, Mark! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I've taken to carrying a 4" "crescent wrench" – kind of handy.

One of my buddies brought me over a fine loaf of his homemade bread. It has a good hearty crust on it but Betty made short work of slicing off a taste. Have a great week, all my fellow Guardians.
Black Betty always looks good, but she's a beauty queen atop a fresh loaf of bread! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

The Pile Side of of the knife I showed yesterday. Have a good day everyone.
Congrats on that superb lambsfoot, ED; what a handsome knife! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

The weather forecast is for heavy rain all day tomorrow, but I am still committed to helping my pal out at the market (pass him the odd carrier bag, and cut a few pieces of cake, that sort of thing ;) ). Expecting low temperatures too, so I'll be wrapping up well, and pocketing Lucy ;) Have a good day folks, it'll soon be the weekend :thumbsup:
Striking pic of Lucy showing off her redness! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Mate i also have an A.G. Russell with only the diamond rods, but i also have an Idahone V Angle, it has 220 grit ceramic and 1200 grit ceramic rods, with 15 degree and 22.5 degree for a micro bevel. You may want to look at one of them.:thumbsup:
Sounds like a nice set-up, cudgee cudgee ! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Does anyone know of a Sharpmaker-style rod system that offers angles less than 15˚ per side, say 12 or even 10 dps?

Good morning Guardians.;):thumbsup:
Enchanting ebony SFO, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

The Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot Part 2

Good morning Guardians! :thumbsup: Linus woke up in Tennessee this morning. It’s going to rain here today so his first day of adventure will be indoors. The first of my flock to extend a personal welcome to Linus was my Ashley’s Choice. I was able to get a couple of outdoor photos this morning before the rain moves in later. Hope y’all have a great day! :):thumbsup:
Excellent photo of your AC meeting Linus, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm looking forward to seeing what you have planned for Linus' visit. ;)

Johnson's paste wax hasn't blown up in my face yet.
I guess I won't talk about the socks in the lambsfoot thread.
I will, Jer. :rolleyes: That's a cool knife you've posed on the package of socks. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: But the label on the socks gave me pause: "Men Unisex" seems somewhat oxymoronic (although the meaning of "unisex" used to surprise me, too).

... I planted my tomato plants this week, so have some store bought ones which i am going to have for lunch, will be sliced up with my polished rosewood lamb foot. ... Hope everyone has a good and safe weekend.;):thumbsup::D
That's distinctive and delightful grain on your rosewood! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

BUT the white stuff is treacherous and evil :eek: !
I do not like the white stuff !
I agree 100%, Dan! :eek::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Today marks a rather rare day where I do not have a Lambsfoot in my pocket but I decided to gather my horn clad examples for a group shot. I am contemplating ordering my first "Big 'Un" and am divided over whether I should gamble with horn or go with the tried and true Rosewood. I'll let it marinate for a bit...
What a herd of heavenly horn, Dylan! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Good Morning Guardians
My son did NOT make it into the the band he auditioned for. He has another audition coming up in a few weeks for an even higher ranked band. Funny thing is, he probably has a better shot at making the better band. It plays into his strengths more and he's already part of their "B" level band. Fingers crossed again. :)

In honor of my son's mood today... Something Black... Lol ;)
I hope your son gets over the disappointment soon, John, and can anticipate his upcoming opportunity.
That ebony WCLF is superlative! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. Boy I love your Lam Jack.
Good Morning Guardians
95EC227A-BB41-45F1-86C3-8D9300D5EBEA_zpsjt0v77p9.jpeg
Thanks for your praise for my Lam Jack, Harvey. :)
That is a super-sweet photo of your stag HHB SFO!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Although a little beyond their range, Great Egrets have been reported this year, for example at Whitefish Point, on EBird. I don’t know where you were exactly, but you can search EBird for reports at that location.
Thanks for the interesting info, Dave. :):thumbsup::thumbsup: We rent a place at Cedarville on Lake Huron on the south coast of Michigan's Upper Peninsula, and Whitefish Point is on Lake Superior on the north coast, about 90 miles away. So if they've seen egrets at the Whitefish Point bird migration observatory, egrets could certainly be around the area we visit annually.

Howdy all! Hope everybody is having a great Saturday! I haven't contributed much lately, but I've really enjoyed reading through all the posts!:):thumbsup:
Hope to comment on some later!
View attachment 1229125
Love that monochrome pic of your knife and micrometer, Dennis! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Splendid photo of your stag HHB SFO, Dan! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I worked on setting a new bevel today. It looks a little rough, but is definitely sharper. The WorkSharp is a little awkward to use, at least on the left side, but I'm getting used to it....
Got to admit it's (big ebony lambsfoot) getting better, it's getting better all the time! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (With apologies to The Beatles)

I hope everyone is having a pleasant weekend so far. I've got some nice Stag with me today.
That is an elite lambsfoot, Dylan!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I LOVE the white stuff! ...
We usually don't get more than 1 inch which usually melts within 24 hours. :rolleyes:
But I did get to visit the Anglo-Saxon church of St' Gregory's Minster in Kirkdale....
David, I might have a more charitable opinion of snow if I experienced it in the small, short-lived doses that you describe! :eek::D
More fabulous church pics, even if this particular church isn't as majestic as the cathedrals you often visit! :cool::thumbsup::cool: How old are the headstones surrounding the church?

- GT

Back