Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Anybody heard from Dave lately?

I heard from him a few weeks ago, just taking some time out, but I've been meaning to check back in with him (need to clear out my PM box). Hope he's OK, likewise our other absent Guardians :thumbsup:

And I saw rain on three of the four days I was in the Lakes District!
ltvCmDE.jpg

Yes, there's a reason there's so many lakes there :D :thumbsup:

But how good is his memory?

:D :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, I hope that all our US members have had a great Thanksgiving, and that everyone else has had a good week :) So far, it's not actually raining here today, so I'm hoping it stays like that for the weekend :thumbsup: Stepping out with Miss Lucy today. Have a good one folks :thumbsup:

dIVdUJ8.jpg

Fantastic Dan, what great memories :) Cool pic there ;) Very imaginative :thumbsup:
TY Jack :)
The kiddos grow so fast... makes me a bit nostalgic watching videos like this one.
My oldest daughter loves xc skiing , so today we are going to get new equipment for her and I and I'll try to re engage in winter activities ( I have not ski in like 4 years )

I'd give my right arm for some snow. Anything other than this damned rain. :rolleyes:

I hope it lets up soon David , I was aware that parts of England can be rainy and overcast but never imagined to this degree that you guys are experiencing at this time.

Hi Guardians :)
KuYUwxM.jpg

uHZSj1k.jpg

Good... I'm glad he didn't disappear. :)

Looks like I'm back with the Rosewood for a while...

Very nice John :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians! I hope our American friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and safe travels if they didn't stay home.

zyO884w.jpg

Looking good Mike :cool: :thumbsup:

I was very fond of the Swedish NOHAB made (Hungarian Máv livery).
View attachment 1240865

Cool JP :cool: :thumbsup:

The kiddos grow so fast... makes me a bit nostalgic watching videos like this one.
My oldest daughter loves xc skiing , so today we are going to get new equipment for her and I and I'll try to re engage in winter activities ( I have not ski in like 4 years )

I hope it lets up soon David , I was aware that parts of England can be rainy and overcast but never imagined to this degree that you guys are experiencing at this time.

KuYUwxM.jpg

uHZSj1k.jpg

Yes, time goes so fast doesn't it Dan? I took absolutely loads of photos of my kids growing up, but it's pre-video. I did borrow a Super 8 camera to film them, but the films and developing was expensive then. You're a very talented family my friend :) We do get a lot of rain here, but not usually THIS much! :eek: Thankfully it's been a dry day today, the first in a long while. Those are great pics my friend :thumbsup:

GEC have really knocked it out of the park with some of their jigging these past few years I think Ron, and Charlie has definitely had the cream of the crop :) :thumbsup:
I agree with you Jack! :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, I hope that all our US members have had a great Thanksgiving, and that everyone else has had a good week :) So far, it's not actually raining here today, so I'm hoping it stays like that for the weekend :thumbsup: Stepping out with Miss Lucy today. Have a good one folks :thumbsup:

dIVdUJ8.jpg
Lucy is looking quite delicious today Jack! ;) All the beautiful wood on display today made me think it was Wednesday! :eek: I’ve only got one Lambsfoot with me on this trip and here it is! I hope all you Guardians have a great weekend! :thumbsup: :)

49142718983_51ebeb409d_o_d.jpg

A Day after Thanksgiving tradition...
Our family decorates the Christmas tree. :)

Nice bauble John :D :thumbsup:

I agree with you Jack! :) :thumbsup:

Lucy is looking quite delicious today Jack! ;) All the beautiful wood on display today made me think it was Wednesday! :eek: I’ve only got one Lambsfoot with me on this trip and here it is! I hope all you Guardians have a great weekend! :thumbsup: :)

49142718983_51ebeb409d_o_d.jpg

Thank you very much Ron, I can rarely remember what day it is! :D I, for one, am certainly not tiring of seeing your WCLF :) :thumbsup:

There's a possibility that we might actually get two rain-free days! :eek: For the first time in a while, I'm heading over to the nearby town of Huddersfield, to check out the market, get some lunch, visit a couple of antique shops, and maybe even get a short walk and some slingshot practice in :) I'll be carrying my AC :) Hope everyone has a splendid weekend :thumbsup:

Nj25O5f.jpg

I picked this up in the market today :)

u02euTv.jpg

PxEG4jQ.jpg

I used to get that train, The Master Cutler, between Sheffield and London, regularly :) :thumbsup:
Thats Really Cool Jack- one of the times I think you should frame a Jigsaw when it has such a significant connection!
Your HartsHead is looking superb my Friend - mine too developing a Patina- this Steel takes a little longer to develop this if you dont force it by leaving it in fruit, Potatoes etc!

KuYUwxM.jpg

uHZSj1k.jpg

I feel very guilty quoting just a particular photo when SO SO MANY Guardians post extremely high Quality Photo's- but time this morning allows me to quote these lovely Shots of such a great Knife!

Thats Really Cool Jack- one of the times I think you should frame a Jigsaw when it has such a significant connection!
Your HartsHead is looking superb my Friend - mine too developing a Patina- this Steel takes a little longer to develop this if you dont force it by leaving it in fruit, Potatoes etc!

Hey buddy :) Thank you Duncan, it may well be the first jigsaw I have ever bought! :D Who needs X-Box eh? ;) I appreciate your kind words my friend, I don't think I've used mine on any fruit yet, so far as I can remember, it gets plenty of use though :) Hope you and Sue have a great weekend :thumbsup:

A Day after Thanksgiving tradition...
Our family decorates the Christmas tree. :)

That is a fantastic tradition, and great to see you keep it going.:) When i was a kid, we had a public holiday at the end of September, it was 3 months away from Christmas, which seemed like an eternity, but on this day, Mum would make the Plum/Christmas pudding, wrap it in muslin cloth, and hang it behind the laundry door to ferment and do it's thing. Every day you walked past, the smell was getting stronger and you knew Santa coming down the chimney was getting closer. Sadly a lot of these old traditions are fading, really glad you are keeping yours alive, good on you.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mum would make the Plum/Christmas pudding, wrap it in muslin cloth, and hang it behind the laundry door to ferment and do it's thing. Every day you walked past, the smell was getting stronger and you knew Santa coming down the chimney was getting closer.
That must have drove you crazy with anticipation. :eek:

Back