Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    But how good is his memory?

cigarrodog, Jolipapa and Jack Black like this.
  2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I heard from him a few weeks ago, just taking some time out, but I've been meaning to check back in with him (need to clear out my PM box). Hope he's OK, likewise our other absent Guardians :thumbsup:

Yes, there's a reason there's so many lakes there :D :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, I hope that all our US members have had a great Thanksgiving, and that everyone else has had a good week :) So far, it's not actually raining here today, so I'm hoping it stays like that for the weekend :thumbsup: Stepping out with Miss Lucy today. Have a good one folks :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Pàdruig, donn, TFBraden and 17 others like this.
  3. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Good... I'm glad he didn't disappear. :)

4. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Looks like I'm back with the Rosewood for a while...
    [​IMG]

5. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Morning Guardians! I hope our American friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and safe travels if they didn't stay home.

[​IMG]

6. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    I was very fond of the Swedish NOHAB made (Hungarian Máv livery).
    AW_MAV.jpg

7. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    TY Jack :)
    The kiddos grow so fast... makes me a bit nostalgic watching videos like this one.
    My oldest daughter loves xc skiing , so today we are going to get new equipment for her and I and I'll try to re engage in winter activities ( I have not ski in like 4 years )

I hope it lets up soon David , I was aware that parts of England can be rainy and overcast but never imagined to this degree that you guys are experiencing at this time.

Hi Guardians :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pàdruig, mitch4ging, donn and 19 others like this.
  8. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Good morning. Might as well get on the Rosewood bandwagon.

[​IMG]

Oops - make that Ironwood

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  9. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Very nice John :) :thumbsup:

Looking good Mike :cool: :thumbsup:

Cool JP :cool: :thumbsup:

Yes, time goes so fast doesn't it Dan? I took absolutely loads of photos of my kids growing up, but it's pre-video. I did borrow a Super 8 camera to film them, but the films and developing was expensive then. You're a very talented family my friend :) We do get a lot of rain here, but not usually THIS much! :eek: Thankfully it's been a dry day today, the first in a long while. Those are great pics my friend :thumbsup:

10. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Foundation wagon. :)

11. Rusty1

Rusty1 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Rosewood indeed! Happy Friday all.

Russell

2D2F4FA0-6543-4D5E-BEFB-892C8055B937.jpeg

12. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Rosewood is on a roll! :) Have a good one Russell :thumbsup:

I took Lucy for mid afternoon coffee and flapjack :)

[​IMG]

mitch4ging, donn, TFBraden and 17 others like this.
  13. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    A Day after Thanksgiving tradition...
    Our family decorates the Christmas tree. :)

[​IMG]

14. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I agree with you Jack! :) :thumbsup:

Lucy is looking quite delicious today Jack! ;) All the beautiful wood on display today made me think it was Wednesday! :eek: I’ve only got one Lambsfoot with me on this trip and here it is! I hope all you Guardians have a great weekend! :thumbsup: :)

[​IMG]

15. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice bauble John :D :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Ron, I can rarely remember what day it is! :D I, for one, am certainly not tiring of seeing your WCLF :) :thumbsup:

There's a possibility that we might actually get two rain-free days! :eek: For the first time in a while, I'm heading over to the nearby town of Huddersfield, to check out the market, get some lunch, visit a couple of antique shops, and maybe even get a short walk and some slingshot practice in :) I'll be carrying my AC :) Hope everyone has a splendid weekend :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Pàdruig, mitch4ging, donn and 20 others like this.
  16. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Thats Really Cool Jack- one of the times I think you should frame a Jigsaw when it has such a significant connection!
    Your HartsHead is looking superb my Friend - mine too developing a Patina- this Steel takes a little longer to develop this if you dont force it by leaving it in fruit, Potatoes etc!

17. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I feel very guilty quoting just a particular photo when SO SO MANY Guardians post extremely high Quality Photo's- but time this morning allows me to quote these lovely Shots of such a great Knife!

18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Hey buddy :) Thank you Duncan, it may well be the first jigsaw I have ever bought! :D Who needs X-Box eh? ;) I appreciate your kind words my friend, I don't think I've used mine on any fruit yet, so far as I can remember, it gets plenty of use though :) Hope you and Sue have a great weekend :thumbsup:

19. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    That is a fantastic tradition, and great to see you keep it going.:) When i was a kid, we had a public holiday at the end of September, it was 3 months away from Christmas, which seemed like an eternity, but on this day, Mum would make the Plum/Christmas pudding, wrap it in muslin cloth, and hang it behind the laundry door to ferment and do it's thing. Every day you walked past, the smell was getting stronger and you knew Santa coming down the chimney was getting closer. Sadly a lot of these old traditions are fading, really glad you are keeping yours alive, good on you.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

20. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    That must have drove you crazy with anticipation. :eek: