Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    They do look a bit funny. Like joke shop puddings.

I'd give my right arm for some snow. Anything other than this damned rain. :rolleyes:

Great story Jack. I wonder how much rainfall they've had up there this year given how much the rest of England has had. :(

Reaper AL, Jack Black and CelloDan like this.
  2. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    :) This one was made on location during a mo'bike run in the Morvan some years ago. With a glass (-or two-) of local bourru wine it helped handle the low temps of winter. ;) DSCN1390.jpg

JR-Commando.jpg
    And they taste the same! :confused::confused::confused:

Pàdruig, donn, Reaper AL and 14 others like this.
  3. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Happy belated Lancashire Day, and happy Thanksgiving to all! Great posts by everyone, I'll have to catch up on comments later.

For my emergency kit, never hurts to have some dehydrated water handy!:D
    20191127_163753.jpg

Pàdruig, donn, TFBraden and 14 others like this.
  4. WHT

WHT Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2016
    In honor of Thanksgiving, an American lambsfoot with an Oregon marionberry pie:
    upload_2019-11-28_12-6-49.png

Pàdruig, donn, TFBraden and 19 others like this.
  5. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Jack! Charlie’s Lambs do have wonderful jigging! :) A special knife there my friend! Thankful for them! :thumbsup: :cool: :D

waynorth, mitch4ging and Jack Black like this.
  6. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Actually very close to where our friend @Dschal was the other year, but it sure does rain a lot in that area :rolleyes: :) :thumbsup:

Yeah, must have been a fair bit david! :eek: I was talking to an old feller I know today, well into his 80's, and still riding his Velocette, and he was saying it's the wettest Autumn he can remember o_O

That's interesting JP, great pics :cool: :thumbsup:

LOL! :D I remember, when I was 4, my best friend told me that his dad had been telling him about dehydrated water, and he didn't understand that it was a joke! :D :thumbsup:

That looks good, I had to look up marionberry :) Hope you're having a great day :) :thumbsup:

GEC have really knocked it out of the park with some of their jigging these past few years I think Ron, and Charlie has definitely had the cream of the crop :) :thumbsup:

donn, TFBraden, Reaper AL and 5 others like this.
  7. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I picked this up in the market today :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used to get that train, The Master Cutler, between Sheffield and London, regularly :) :thumbsup:

8. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    That takes me back to when i used to catch the Melbourne to Warrnambool train with my mum for the school holidays, A, B Class locomotive, pulling 6 carriages, with a walk way down the right hand side, that you could walk the length of the train and muck around in and a goods carriage with the guard at the rear. Thanks mate for the post, and you have a good weekend.:):thumbsup:

donn, Reaper AL, mitch4ging and 5 others like this.
  9. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    That's it pal, I don't remember how long they were using that train for here, but it was certainly into the late 1980's :) I used to really like those old compartments :cool: Have a good weekend yourself my friend :) :thumbsup:

Reaper AL, waynorth and Prester John like this.
  10. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    B class loco.jpg
    Jack thought you may be interested. This is a B Class locomotive. As kid i just loved them, still being used on some lines today.:thumbsup::cool:

11. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    That's a great-looking train mate, here's a few pics from the National Railway Museum here :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pàdruig, donn, TFBraden and 20 others like this.
  12. MRpink

MRpink

Sep 17, 2007
    Happy Thanksgiving Guardians!

[​IMG]

donn, TFBraden, Reaper AL and 20 others like this.
  13. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. Just love 'em.:cool: We have had, and it gets the rerun treatment every now and then a TV show called railway journeys of England, hosted by Michael Portillo, it is must viewing and one of my favorite shows.

14. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Great pic :) :thumbsup:

Yeah, I've seen that one. Also like Michael Palin's railway journeys :) :thumbsup:

mitch4ging, waynorth and cudgee like this.
  15. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    [​IMG] Posting this knife so i do not get too far off track:rolleyes: and get the strap. But there is a thing called Karma Jack, and it is in play here. You posted your picture of the railway train that you used to catch, and we had a brief catch up about the old railways. I was going to my local model railway shop this morning anyway, now that is Karma. This is my plan, i love model railways, especially those created around the fifties and sixties, but i do not have the room to have one anymore. So i am going to create, as realistically as possible a Australian country town from the fifties - sixties in N gauge, with railway station and surrounding buildings and roads. Have already started purchasing the kits of buildings, and this morning going to look at rolling stock.;)

Pàdruig, donn, Reaper AL and 15 others like this.
  16. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    That sounds very cool :cool: I used to go and watch the model railway exhibitions in the Cutler's Hall in Sheffield with my grandma, who made me this set-up for my 3rd or 4th birthday :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

donn, TFBraden, Reaper AL and 17 others like this.
  17. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    That's funny... :D:thumbsup:
    Happy Thanksgiving, Dennis.

mitch4ging and waynorth like this.
  18. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Anybody heard from Dave lately?

mitch4ging and Jack Black like this.
  19. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    A little nipper and his railway set, does not get much better.:D

Jack Black likes this.
  20. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    And I saw rain on three of the four days I was in the Lakes District!
    [​IMG]

mitch4ging, donn, TFBraden and 6 others like this.