Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Had a nice day at work.
Decided to celebrate with a little treat. :)

We all need a treat now and again John ;) Hope the rest of your week goes as well :thumbsup:

Got my two lambsfoot knives today from jolly old England. I ordered them a week ago. My shipment from England to Canada took way less time than most of my packages from the USA. God bless the queen, hehe.
I love the overall look of them but the fit and finish is lacking compared to my high GEC standards. But I was expecting that at a third of the price. The backspring sit significantly below the liners/scales on the pruner and the large is way off center. Besides that, they are pretty great! Great value for the price, in my opinion. It's nice to have a few that I'm not scared to sharpen and use the heck out of.
Cheers guardians,
Chris
Edit: PS: the hand written note and care instructions was a nice touch.

Congratulations, and welcome to the Guardians :) I hope you enjoy using your Lambsfoot knives :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, that vendor is not on the Paid Dealer Members List, please see Vendor Links, Referrals & Endorsements :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is having a good week :thumbsup:

Hartshead Barlow and an ebony Big 'Un for me today :thumbsup:

ixO7Ymk.jpg

(Random tools, picked up in the market last week)

gULM4pe.jpg

Good Morning Guardians
Here's another buckle for me to show you.
My friend, who had won many roping buckles, would only wear one buckle that his dad had won. His dad had won it many years ago at the Taylorsville 4th of July roping. Every year, the small town of Taylorsville, California has a rodeo. 4th of July is the hot week for rodeos in the US, so it was always kind of cool that this little mountain town rodeo was so popular. Anyways, the day before the rodeo they sometimes would put on a really big jackpot roping contest. It was a pretty big deal when they would do one and ropers from all over would come to compete.

My friend would always talk about how he wanted to win his own Taylorsville buckle some day and how much it would mean to him. Low and behold, one year they decided to run another roping before the Taylorsville rodeo. My friend said, "We have to go and win a buckle!!!" Well, long story short, we did win!!! My friend was so excited and happy, you couldn't wipe the smile off his face. He immediately threw that buckle on his belt and he probably hasn't taken it off since. I was pretty proud of that buckle too because it represented my first "prestigious win". You can see from the wear n tear that I wore it quite often myself. ;)

Shown with my treasured Hartshead Barlow Lambsfoot, Jack Black SFO. :cool::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Good Morning Guardians
My friend, who had won many roping buckles, would only wear one buckle that his dad had won. His dad had won it many years ago at the Taylorsville 4th of July roping. Every year, the small town of Taylorsville, California has a rodeo. 4th of July is the hot week for rodeos in the US, so it was always kind of cool that this little mountain town rodeo was so popular. Anyways, the day before the rodeo they sometimes would put on a really big jackpot roping contest. It was a pretty big deal when they would do one and ropers from all over would come to compete.

My friend would always talk about how he wanted to win his own Taylorsville buckle some day and how much it would mean to him. Low and behold, one year they decided to run another roping before the Taylorsville rodeo. My friend said, "We have to go and win a buckle!!!" Well, long story short, we did win!!! My friend was so excited and happy, you couldn't wipe the smile off his face. He immediately threw that buckle on his belt and he probably hasn't taken it off since. I was pretty proud of that buckle too because it represented my first "prestigious win". You can see from the wear n tear that I wore it quite often myself. ;)

Great story, buckle and lambsfoot John. I’m really enjoying your buckle series!

Your Lamb is looking elegant wrapped in all that ebony. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot buddy :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians

Wow John, what a great story, and another great pic :cool: Congratulations to you and your pal :) A couple of years back, I used to communicate almost daily with Dave @Horsewright, and he spent a lot of time, with the assistance of his superb photos, explaining to me about the roping contests, how points are scored, etc. It was quite fascinating to me, and has left me with a great deal of admiration and respect for the skills involved. A buckle seems a very apt prize and memento :) :thumbsup:

Nice photo Kevin :) :thumbsup:

Great story, buckle and lambsfoot John. I’m really enjoying your buckle series!

Me too :) :thumbsup:

Wow John, what a great story, and another great pic :cool: Congratulations to you and your pal :) A couple of years back, I used to communicate almost daily with Dave @Horsewright, and he spent a lot of time, with the assistance of his superb photos, explaining to me about the roping contests, how points are scored, etc. It was quite fascinating to me, and has left me with a great deal of admiration and respect for the skills involved. A buckle seems a very apt prize and memento :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)
Dave does "Ranch Roping" contests, which are very artful and skillful. They throw some fancy loops which are very useful in the working cowboy world. I competed in "Team Roping", which is the rodeo event. It's done at top speed and the fastest team wins, often done in about four seconds. Both styles have a long and glorious history. :cool::thumbsup:

Edited for past tense. ;)

Thanks, Jack. :)
Dave does "Ranch Roping" contests, which are very artful and skillful. They throw some fancy loops which are very useful in the working cowboy world. I competed in "Team Roping", which is the rodeo event. It's done at top speed and the fastest team wins, often done in about four seconds. Both styles have a long and glorious history. :cool::thumbsup:

Edited for past tense. ;)

Thanks for the information Dave, that sounds exciting :) You will have to excuse my ignorance, I have only been on a horse once in my life, and that was for five minutes at the seaside as a kid! :D I think I am going to have to watch some YouTube videos :) :thumbsup:

WCLF off to the Sierras

ipQkjlj.jpg

A great location Ed ;) :thumbsup:

I have a curry on the stove, think it's going to be a hot one! :) :thumbsup:

HcPnzVG.jpg

Hopefully that fierce curry did me good! :D Plenty more left for tomorrow too :) :thumbsup:

As per usual, I will be off down to the market first thing in the morning, so I'm going to go and get a shave and get my bag ready for tomorrow, might even crack open a beer after that ;) Have a good evening Guardians :thumbsup:

0QRQoFd.jpg

@E40 - Excellent Linus update report, Fred.

JohnDF JohnDF - Thank you for the great story behind the beautiful and classic trophy buckles. Perfect image of your two cupcakes.

Modoc ED Modoc ED - Nice example of Pere David covers. Good looking knife.

Jack Black Jack Black - I’ve yet to see a less than wonderful Ebony Big ‘Un. A fine image of your Hartshead Lamb and veggies.:)

Good Afternoon Guardians.

1-XL
229CE40F-CFDB-4E41-9F66-51BF428B6CF7.jpeg

Hopefully that fierce curry did me good! :D Plenty more left for tomorrow too :) :thumbsup:

As per usual, I will be off down to the market first thing in the morning, so I'm going to go and get a shave and get my bag ready for tomorrow, might even crack open a beer after that ;) Have a good evening Guardians :thumbsup:

0QRQoFd.jpg
Hey!? where did you get that picture of me Jack? Lol ;) Your Barlow is aging well my friend :)

Back