Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

The Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot!
Rather remiss of not posting some pictures and activities of Linus this past weekend, so here we go. These are some from around my home that relate some of the things about me.

Here is Linus checking out my Madison Mitchell canvasback decoy that sits front and center on my mantel. Canvasbacks are the King of Ducks in the the upper Chesapeake Bay. We see and hunt them locally. Mitchell was one of the foremost known Havre DE Grace, MD carvers and I actually met him many years ago during our November Waterfowl Festival.
IMG_2271 1.jpg

Next up is Linus admiring my desktop photo on my Surface tablet. That is my truck sitting in front of the shed at the farm at sunrise last summer. The farm is the most treasured place on earth for me. Though owned by my Uncle, he has been battling a health issue that resulted in a partial amputation of a leg. So I am happily stepping in and taking care of things on the farm and hoping he is able some day to get back to his most treasured place on earth.
IMG_2273 1.jpg

Those familiar with the Peanuts comics/cartoons know there is a character named Linus. Linus meets an old friend, Snoopy. I have kept these little calendars on my stand next to my chair for many years as a long time admirer of Snoopy and the Peanuts gang in general.
IMG_2272 1.jpg

And last for this post, Linus is admiring my choice of bourbon, Breckinridge. This was a gift from a friend and is pretty good.
IMG_2270 1.jpg

That is all for now, I have some other photos on my good camera that I don't have access to at the moment. Linus will be moving to his next caretaker at the end of the week, will keep everyone posted.

@Pàdruig

The Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot!
Rather remiss of not posting some pictures and activities of Linus this past weekend, so here we go. These are some from around my home that relate some of the things about me.

Here is Linus checking out my Madison Mitchell canvasback decoy that sits front and center on my mantel. Canvasbacks are the King of Ducks in the the upper Chesapeake Bay. We see and hunt them locally. Mitchell was one of the foremost known Havre DE Grace, MD carvers and I actually met him many years ago during our November Waterfowl Festival.
View attachment 1269419

Next up is Linus admiring my desktop photo on my Surface tablet. That is my truck sitting in front of the shed at the farm at sunrise last summer. The farm is the most treasured place on earth for me. Though owned by my Uncle, he has been battling a health issue that resulted in a partial amputation of a leg. So I am happily stepping in and taking care of things on the farm and hoping he is able some day to get back to his most treasured place on earth.
View attachment 1269423

Those familiar with the Peanuts comics/cartoons know there is a character named Linus. Linus meets an old friend, Snoopy. I have kept these little calendars on my stand next to my chair for many years as a long time admirer of Snoopy and the Peanuts gang in general.
View attachment 1269424

And last for this post, Linus is admiring my choice of bourbon, Breckinridge. This was a gift from a friend and is pretty good.
View attachment 1269425

That is all for now, I have some other photos on my good camera that I don't have access to at the moment. Linus will be moving to his next caretaker at the end of the week, will keep everyone posted.

@Pàdruig

Excellent post Fred, it's great to see what you and Linus have been up to :) Good luck to your uncle :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! :) I hope you’re all well because it’s been awhile and I’m happy to be back! :thumbsup: :) I’m proud to have this beautiful Jack Black SFO Sambar Hartshead Barlow in my pocket this morning. :D

48598892751_928ccc38f3_o_d.jpg

My AC hasn't gotten a whole lot of carry recently so I am trying to remedy that a bit.

5oz68t0.jpg
Great photo. Those ACs are excellent. :cool::thumbsup:

Perhaps seal it it in Carbonite
I like that suggestion. :cool::thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, I hope everyone's week has got off to a reasonable start, and that it continues in that way today :) For the moment, I've given up fighting the allure of my pocket-hogging Hartshead Barlow :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

jgBaaaq.jpg
Don't fight it, Jack. :D:thumbsup:

img_2271-1-jpg.1269419
Thanks for the update on Linus. I really like the decoy, reminds me of my Grandfather who was an avid duck hunter. :cool::thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! :) I hope you’re all well because it’s been awhile and I’m happy to be back! :thumbsup: :) I’m proud to have this beautiful Jack Black SFO Sambar Hartshead Barlow in my pocket this morning. :D

We missed you, Ron. Hope all is well. :):thumbsup:

Great to have you back Ron, hope all is well with you and Pam :) That's some nice stag my friend :thumbsup:

Don't fight it, Jack. :D:thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
I promised to post my Lambs with some of my favorite trophy buckles.
This one is special because it was my first. It's from a high school rodeo in Arizona.

Fantastic John :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Mike. :)
I promise I won't show too many, just the ones that mean more to me than the others. The next one will be special...

Don't be shy, John. We want to see them all!:thumbsup:

Yeah John, feel free to post as many as you want :cool: :thumbsup:

KQEO4iM.jpg

Got my two lambsfoot knives today from jolly old England. I ordered them a week ago. My shipment from England to Canada took way less time than most of my packages from the USA. God bless the queen, hehe.
I love the overall look of them but the fit and finish is lacking compared to my high GEC standards. But I was expecting that at a third of the price. The backspring sit significantly below the liners/scales on the pruner and the large is way off center. Besides that, they are pretty great! Great value for the price, in my opinion. It's nice to have a few that I'm not scared to sharpen and use the heck out of.
Cheers guardians,
Chris

Last edited:
Got my two lambsfoot knives today from jolly old England. I ordered them a week ago. My shipment from England to Canada took way less time than most of my packages from the USA. God bless the queen, hehe.
I love the overall look of them but the fit and finish is lacking compared to my high GEC standards. But I was expecting that at a third of the price. The backspring sit significantly below the liners/scales on the pruner and the large is way off center. Besides that, they are pretty great! Great value for the price, in my opinion. It's nice to have a few that I'm not scared to sharpen and use the heck out of.
Cheers guardians,
Chris
Edit: PS: the hand written note and care instructions was a nice touch.
Congrats and welcome aboard. :):thumbsup:

Back