Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Getting ready for a video seder with the family. These certainly are interesting times.
8fZLa89.jpg

Thank you Jack, the starter seems to be coming along just fine :thumbsup:
Anxious to "maybe" show my first loaf in a few days .... depending on the results :)

Thanks David, I just came back inside from plinking for a while.
I logged off work at 4 pm and out I went to de- stress a bit with my slingshots :thumbsup: ... It works :)

Thanks Greg ... I've seen what you can do :thumbsup: ... we'll see how mine turns out in a few days :)

Beautiful Hartshead Bill :thumbsup:.... I know you got a few compliments already but I had to add mine :thumbsup::)

Lambsfoot in your pocket + being in your shop = Happiness :)

Great milestone on your recovery road Ed :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

JACK !!! Your are supposed to "talk" to them, then take pics of your Hartshead with them.
Have you not learned anything from me since I joined the Guardians ? :D

Howdy Guardians.
Recycled pic today ( some of the nice trails are closed now, they are still allowing walking outside close to your house on the ones that are open as long as you keep plenty of distance from other people you may encounter ) We are lucky to have a trail withing walking distance of home that hardly anyone ever uses.

axNj6g6.jpg

fPpjeR9s.jpg
Hi Dan, thanks much for the compliment on my HHB. Love the photo with you lambfoot amongst the apples in the tree.

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

@Modoc ED - Very happy to hear of you making good progress, Ed. Here’s to your continued progress.

Fodderwing Fodderwing - Hello Dwight. Always a treat to hear from you, as well as to see your beautiful image. May you and yours continue to be safe.

Good Evening Guardians. It seems to me that this thread has become more of a shared daily journal. It has the vibe of being group therapy as we all endure. May we all draw strength from this bright spot. Be Safe.
E53D7734-FFF8-4F04-863F-0BB6E2DAA41C_zpsp1pmkozk.jpeg

BBQ Pork Fried Rice.
5CAB59DF-D093-4632-8964-F08031FC0057.jpeg

Pàdruig Pàdruig - Thank you Dylan.Great shot. Love the light reflecting off the drink’s surface. A lot of nice detail in the scene.

Wonderful photo, Dylan. :cool::thumbsup:

golden image :) :thumbsup:

Take my word for it Dylan! :thumbsup: You definitely picked a good one! ;)

I agree with the others, it's a stellar picture. :cool:

Thank you, fellas, for the kind compliments!

View attachment 1318145 Been working! Garden progress so far, some seeds in the house in the germation process. Gonna add a little more space with some field fencing on the side. Lambs foot helped slice irrigation line! It did a fantastic job.

Taylor, that's fantastic! I'm looking forward to seeing how it grows. Best of luck to you! I had good success with my garden last year and am getting ready to get mine ready for this year. A couple things I will be doing differently and some I definitely won't be doing again - like broccoli...

My first Jack Black SFO.

C8hdCBC.jpg

After about 10 days of not being able to use my slingshot because of Tennis Elbow, I thought I'd give it a try tonight. I was worried that the enforced lay-off might have caused me to lose my aim, but it didn't seem too adversely affected :) I was just enjoying myself though, when the inevitable happened. I have really got a heck of a lot of use out of these light tubes, and had just been wondering how much longer they'd last :( @CrazyCanuck made them me up, and they are ideal for using with light practice ammo indoors. I was worried that I didn't have another set, and might struggle to get a replacement at the moment. Mike sent me a whole load of bands over, and I was just going through them all, and all the other bands and tubes I have, when I came across a wallet from Mike with 3 more sets in it :) Should keep me going for a while! :D Thanks Mike :) :thumbsup:

FWqhdQc.jpg

Glad you're not out of bandsets yet, and also glad that set broke at the pouch as intended. It can be a bit painful if they break at the frame end and come back at your face! :eek:

Think tomorrow may be an HHB day, but gotta wait until I wake up for a photo ;)

Good Evening Guardians. It seems to me that this thread has become more of a shared daily journal. It has the vibe of being group therapy as we all endure. May we all draw strength from this bright spot. Be Safe.

So true Harvey. I have greatly enjoyed the updates from everyone, and checking in on this this thread is a high point these days for sure.

Yeah, they eat a lot of stuff down that way too don't they?! :D One of the things I enjoyed about the series Treme was seeing the passion they have for food in New Orleans :) I've never had catfish Vince, we just don't get it here.

I’ve been curious about Treme, heard good things about it, but never got around to watching it. Maybe I should now; I’ve got some time on my hands. :D

You’re missing out, Jack! Catfish is delicious fried (with a cornmeal crust) or blackened. (Pro tip: leftover fried catfish, eaten cold straight out of the fridge, might be even better than eating it hot. Same goes for fried chicken.) :thumbsup:

:D:D:D
Here's the menu from Catfish Charlie's:
https://www.catfishcharlies.net/menu

Glancing over that menu made me hungry and homesick, Vince! Fried catfish is one of the many things I miss about living in the South. I’d kill for some fried catfish and hush puppies right about now! ;) I have seen catfish on a couple restaurant menus here in MN, but let’s face it, there’s no way it could live up to any place back home with the the word “Catfish” in the restaurant’s name (which seems to be a prerequisite). :D I have had some good Minnesota walleye, though! :thumbsup:

Here’s an old photo of some leftovers from my favorite catfish place back home (The Catfish Hole in Fayetteville, AR). Did I ask everyone in my family to order a larger portion than they normally would so there would be more cold leftover catfish? Yes, yes I did. I believe this was breakfast a couple days before Christmas the last time we spent the holidays at my mom’s. :D

GETm977.jpg

For a little Lambsfoot content, how about a photo of my Ironwood Guardian’s Lambsfoot back when it first arrived.

zQ96s2W.jpg

And a photo of Eleanor checking it out that same day.

mU0nbzv.jpg

Getting ready for a video seder with the family. These certainly are interesting times.
8fZLa89.jpg

Happy Passover Rachel, and I hope that you and all your family are well :thumbsup:

Yes Indeed! :):thumbsup:

Nice work John :) :thumbsup:

Chag Sameach, r8shell!

What Greg said! :thumbsup:

Hey Dwight! :) Great to see you here buddy, thanks for stopping by, and with another great pic, as always :) Hope you're keeping OK, and staying safe my friend :) :thumbsup:

BBQ Pork Fried Rice.
View attachment 1318395

Nice sentiments and photos Harvey, nice slung-shot too ;) :thumbsup:

Some sourdough flat bread experiments. These two are a sesame, ginger, tumeric and garlic masterpieces. Dipped them in soy sauce.
The HHB looking good as always.
H1PgeKw.jpg

Those good Taylor, nice work :) :thumbsup:

My first Jack Black SFO.

C8hdCBC.jpg

Good to see that one Dylan, and in that beautiful setting :) :thumbsup:

Glad you're not out of bandsets yet, and also glad that set broke at the pouch as intended. It can be a bit painful if they break at the frame end and come back at your face! :eek:

Think tomorrow may be an HHB day, but gotta wait until I wake up for a photo ;)

Far from it my friend :) I can imagine! :eek: You did a great job Mike, I didn't even know it had broken until I went to put another ball in the pouch, my previous shot didn't seem to have been affected :) Looking forward to seeing your Barlow :) :thumbsup:

I’ve been curious about Treme, heard good things about it, but never got around to watching it. Maybe I should now; I’ve got some time on my hands. :D

You’re missing out, Jack! Catfish is delicious fried (with a cornmeal crust) or blackened. (Pro tip: leftover fried catfish, eaten cold straight out of the fridge, might be even better than eating it hot. Same goes for fried chicken.) :thumbsup:

Glancing over that menu made me hungry and homesick, Vince! Fried catfish is one of the many things I miss about living in the South. I’d kill for some fried catfish and hush puppies right about now! ;) I have seen catfish on a couple restaurant menus here in MN, but let’s face it, there’s no way it could live up to any place back home with the the word “Catfish” in the restaurant’s name (which seems to be a prerequisite). :D I have had some good Minnesota walleye, though! :thumbsup:

Here’s an old photo of some leftovers from my favorite catfish place back home (The Catfish Hole in Fayetteville, AR). Did I ask everyone in my family to order a larger portion than they normally would so there would be more cold leftover catfish? Yes, yes I did. I believe this was breakfast a couple days before Christmas the last time we spent the holidays at my mom’s. :D

GETm977.jpg

For a little Lambsfoot content, how about a photo of my Ironwood Guardian’s Lambsfoot back when it first arrived.

zQ96s2W.jpg

mU0nbzv.jpg

Someone bought me Treme as a birthday gift a few years back. I'd never heard of it, and after watching other series, it seemed a little slow. I wouldn't say it's a masterpiece, far from it, but I enjoyed learning a little about New Orleans culture, music, food, and history. The series is set in the period when New Orleans was rebuilding after the terrible floods a few years back, so perhaps this is a good time to watch it :thumbsup:

The Catfish Hole in Fayetteville sounds great Greg :D No shortage of fried chicken here, maybe a bit too much of it to be honest (teenagers barely seem to eat anything else), but catfish would have to be imported. Considering we're an island nation, most people here don't eat a lot of fish! :rolleyes: Maybe tomorrow ;)

Great photo of your newly-arrived '19, and of Eleanor of course :) She looks very discerning :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, how's everyone doing? Hope you're all managing OK, staying well, and not going stir crazy ;) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

Healthy start to the day with my Charlie Lamb ;) :thumbsup:

ggNPGj1.jpg

It’s great to see you and that beautiful Sambar Damascus SFO Dwight! :thumbsup: :D

@Modoc ED - Very happy to hear of you making good progress, Ed. Here’s to your continued progress.

Fodderwing Fodderwing - Hello Dwight. Always a treat to hear from you, as well as to see your beautiful image. May you and yours continue to be safe.

BBQ Pork Fried Rice.
View attachment 1318395

Some sourdough flat bread experiments. These two are a sesame, ginger, tumeric and garlic masterpieces. Dipped them in soy sauce.
The HHB looking good as always.
H1PgeKw.jpg

Great food and Lambsfoot photos there Harvey and Taylor! :thumbsup: :D

My first Jack Black SFO.

C8hdCBC.jpg
Beautiful Horn ‘17 Guardians Lambsfoot there Dylan! :thumbsup: :D

GETm977.jpg

zQ96s2W.jpg

mU0nbzv.jpg
Absolutely great photos Barrett! Stay safe my friend! :thumbsup: :D

Morning Guardians, how's everyone doing? Hope you're all managing OK, staying well, and not going stir crazy ;) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

Healthy start to the day with my Charlie Lamb ;) :thumbsup:

ggNPGj1.jpg
Great start to your day Jack! Healthy food and a beautiful Lambsfoot! :) :thumbsup:

Back