Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    It's good for the fabric.

2. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you Jack! Hope you’re having a good day too my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.
  3. Canfield

Canfield

Oct 29, 2020
    I saw Mallory's knife at the Royal Geographical Society along with other artefacts retrieved when his body was found.

CelloDan, cudgee, Dschal and 2 others like this.
  4. Canfield

Canfield

Oct 29, 2020
    Very nice. I wonder if there are any knives made in Wales?

scrteened porch and Jack Black like this.
  5. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Thanks, Jack! I've really enjoyed toting the AC (although it hasn't been many days in a row yet). It is such a good size.

Jack Black likes this.
  6. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice composition Jer :thumbsup:

I'm not worried about the fabric, I'm worried about looking incontinent! :eek: o_O :thumbsup:

Surviving thanks Ron ;) :thumbsup:

That must have been fantastic :) I'm a former climber myself, and have a stack of books on Mallory. I was a fan of the Lambsfoot pattern long before his body was found, and so the discovery was important to me in several ways. I'd love to try and recreate it, but working with the Sheffield cutlers isn't straightforward unfortunately.

So far as I know, Wales has no history of cutlery manufacture. Once Sheffield became established as a cutlery capital, even cutlery production in other established centres, such as London and Shrewsbury went into decline, since it was difficult for them to compete. There may be custom knife makers in Wales though :thumbsup:

Glad you're enjoying carrying it Joshua :) While the blade is only fractionally smaller than on its bigger brothers, the smaller frame makes for a very different carry doesn't it? I was pretty lukewarm about the small size Lambsfoot prior to the ACs, but I really warmed to it :) :thumbsup:

7. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Have a great weekend Guardians :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

8. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

9. scrteened porch

Feb 19, 2012
    Thanks! and

Oh, yeah.

Jack Black likes this.
  10. JTB_5

Oct 6, 2017
    B8ECD76E-52F0-4996-8F8D-7E11CCE34FBC.jpeg
    Ezra asked for some Mahi Mahi too, and it was in the budget so now Cod, Salmon, and Mahi Mahi

11. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Looks like your AC has had a busy day Joshua :) Hope Ezra is having a great birthday :) I can remember my 3rd birthday, and my 5th, but my 7th kind of just fades in with all the rest :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

JTB_5 likes this.
  12. davemonkey

davemonkey Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Another shot of my sole lambsfoot.
    [​IMG]

13. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Very interesting mate, as you well know cutlery is so hard to purchase down here in the Antipodes, so just by pure coincidence i was only informed by email this morning that i will have a 3-4 week wait while a cutting implement is made for me. Be interesting to see how it turns out.
    [​IMG]
    Just to justify my post.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;).

14. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    How are you getting on with it Dave? :thumbsup:

Hope you get a good one Leon :) Nice to see your Snakewood Candle-end :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone is having a good Halloween weekend :) Not sure we'll get any Trick Or Treaters this year, but I might watch a couple of Hammer Horror films later ;) Carrying my Hartshead Barlow for now, but maybe I'll switch to something darker this evening :D Have a great day Guardians :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Crazy Canuck, btb01, donn and 10 others like this.
  15. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Good morning Guardians! I hope y’all have a safe Halloween and don’t eat too much candy! ;) I’m carrying a wee Sambar this morning. Hopefully I won’t need anything larger later on! :eek:

[​IMG]

16. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
  17. Mainerd

Mainerd

Sep 30, 2020

18. scrteened porch

Feb 19, 2012
    I never did get around to carving that pumpkin. Maybe I'll freeze it before I throw it out.
    [​IMG]

Crazy Canuck, donn, Pt-Luso and 12 others like this.
  19. JTB_5

Oct 6, 2017
    Going camping today with my three older boys and some men and sons from the school. Should be fun!

C6650A76-7D30-43D0-9BCA-8138B620FCB3.jpeg

20. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    IMG_5405.jpeg