Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Yikes! :eek: Stay safe Ron :thumbsup:

Raining again here, and heavier rain forecast for tomorrow (and the rest of the week) :( I'll be off down to the market to see my pals. Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, donn, mitch4ging and 8 others like this.
  2. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

Pt-Pinto, Corto_Malt, WHT and 8 others like this.
  3. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Bedtime reading to my boys is about to commence. This is our second trip through this series as we refresh our memories for the most recent and serially releasing 4th book!

66391118-C4C6-4D09-BA62-FB6118ADE88E.jpeg

Corto_Malt, btb01, WHT and 10 others like this.
  4. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    How old are the boys? I used to love reading to my children (six sons, one daughter). I especially loved reading the Oz books to them. L. Frank Baum wrote many sequels to the Wizard of Oz. And when they were younger, the Robert McCloskey books. And Beatrix Potter, of course. And Alice in Wonderland. And T.S. Eliot's cat poems. Many more. Bedtime reading is fun.

5. JTB_5

Oct 6, 2017
    13, 12, 9, and 6 (7 on the 30th). They all love it and it is great. We started with little books when the oldest were young—Arnold Loebel, Bill Peet, C.S. Lewis, as well as some simple series like The Magic Tree House. We have also enjoyed the Redwall series, the Chronicles of Prydain series, all of the N. D. Wilson books, and my favorite—Tolkien. A surprise was Andrew Peterson’s Wingfeather Saga, which was really good.

My wife reads to my daughter (4) while I’m reading to the boys and my youngest son usually goes with her and then comes in with us. I’m looking forward to when my daughter is old enough to join in the bigger books, as she LOVES to be read to. She loves Beatrix Potter and pretty much any animal book.

peanutsxx, btb01, mitch4ging and 6 others like this.
  6. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Good ages. My wife read to them also. One of my granddaughers is turning two Friday. Maybe I can read to her and her sister soon. Hey, we're both celebrating birthdays on the 30th!

Lambsfoot content:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  7. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Jack, thanks for your kind words my friend. I am ...uncomfortable but the drugs they gave me really helps. Going to be home bound for two weeks. I will be keeping my HHB close to me as you have suggested. My good luck charm.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Modoc ED, Jack Black and Prester John like this.
  8. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

Crazy Canuck, Pt-Pinto, WHT and 11 others like this.
  9. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Good morning Guardians! :thumbsup: Rosie and I are enjoying our coffee while listening to the rain from Tropical Storm Zeta as it moves through the area! Y’all have a safe day! :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

10. JTB_5

Oct 6, 2017
    Tron Lambsfoot
    4A2A1778-5EC0-4D74-AB12-81E8C29070A0.jpeg

Crazy Canuck, donn, Pt-Luso and 12 others like this.
  11. Canfield

Canfield

Oct 29, 2020
    Would the handles be made of stag antler?

12. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    That's a nice thing to do with your children Joshua :) :thumbsup:

:cool: :) :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your discomfort Bill :( I hope that you are a bit more comfortable today than you were yesterday. Rest easy with your Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:

Glad you're staying dry with Rosie Ron :) :thumbsup:

That quote is more than two years old @Canfield! :eek: :D But since you ask, the covers on that knife are jigged bone :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good day :) I was down in the market for 7.30am today, and it has rained all day, but it was good to get out of the house and have some social contact :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

13. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Jack! The storms have moved on for the most part. Now the colder weather is coming our way. That’s a great photo of your Hartshead my friend! :) :thumbsup:

mitch4ging likes this.
  14. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I'm glad to hear that the storm has passed Ron, and hope the weather doesn't get too cold for you buddy :thumbsup: Thank you for the kind words :) :thumbsup:

With the cold and rain outside, I'm warming up with a hot pie! ;) :D :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

btb01, mitch4ging, WHT and 9 others like this.
  15. chuck4570

chuck4570 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Getting ready for a COVID-19 audit today.
    D686D36F-1A0D-4D77-AE77-D6E19F0BC47C.jpeg

Pt-Luso, mitch4ging, WHT and 10 others like this.
  16. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    :D

Thanks Dan.:)

Thanks Jack.:)

Thanks Kevin. I believe you got me started with your VW shots. I always like your creative composition.

Jack I miss the early days when I would get so caught up in the archives like that. It's so awesome to have a few hundred pages to peruse that you have never seen. :):):)

Have a great day y'all. IMG_5409.jpeg

17. Canfield

Canfield

Oct 29, 2020
    Thanks Jack Black. We are talking about Mallory's knife?

Jack Black and chuck4570 like this.
  18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Good luck Chuck :thumbsup: Leeds just got moved to a higher restriction level, starting on Monday. I'm not actually sure what difference it will make to daily life :thumbsup:

Me too Dwight, some great discussion in the index :thumbsup: That's a really cool pic my friend, it shows your Damscus Lambsfoot off to perfection, and reminds me of my days as an appentice 40-odd years ago, when I worked on a lot of machinery (we call it 'plant' here) like that :) :thumbsup:

You're welcome. You're a new poster here @Canfield, why don't you introduce yourself? :thumbsup:

btb01, mitch4ging and Fodderwing like this.
  19. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Yes mate, join in the fun.;):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D.

mitch4ging and Jack Black like this.
  20. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Good evening Guardians. Finally finished up on my eye surgeries. Go back to the surgeon to have stitches removed, etc. Thank God it's pretty much over:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. A couple of posts ago I asked if anyone knew what this plant (below) was. I figured it out...a Confederate Rose:D. Not a rose at all but a member of the Hibiscus family.:)
    Here's the photo again:
    IMG_1725.JPG