Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Jack Black

Gold Member
Dark & Stormy night :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

7Nzsp9V.jpg

btb01

Gold Member
Thank you very much Barrett, there was some great scenery in that show wasn't there/ :) And it never seemed to rain for long! :D :thumbsup:

There was (one of the many things I loved about that show). I never thought about the rain thing, but I bet I’ll notice it next time I watch the show. :D

That sounds interesting my friend, I might have to read up on that myself! :D It's funny when you visit other countries, you notice small things like that don't you?! :D I got a story on my phone this morning, about why the use of electric kettles isn't as widespread in the US as it is here! :rolleyes: I didn't actually read it though :D :thumbsup:

I don’t know that I could explain it very well myself; something to do with cisterns supplying water to the boiler, and the difference in pressure between that water and the cold water from the mains. The bathroom sink at my brother’s place in Bath had faucets that could not have been further apart, which made washing your hands an interesting experience. :D

I saw that same headline about electric kettles, but didn’t read the article. They certainly aren’t as common here. I think the only person I know personally who has one is my brother.

I look for barbers WAY older than me. I like the clippers on back and sides, scissors on top, and a nice shave of the neck with a straight razor. I used to like when barbers put some hair tonic on at the end. 20 to 30 minutes is perfect. Preferably 30. I'd feel cheated with a 10-minute haircut!
Gonna get harder to find old barbers though. I think my current one is about 80.

30 minutes for a haircut! For me it's 7 minutes, no more. Clipper ruled at 9 millimeters and it will be like that. Well, i've never been very pretty.

Dan.

What is this “haircut” thing you guys keep talking about? ;) I haven’t had one since February. :D

Happy Hanukkah, to Guardians and friends!

NmgbJHD.jpg

Happy Hanukkah, Rachel! :thumbsup:

Couldn't not share this picture here. :D

V3J25n4h.jpg

Happy Friday, Guardians! Have a great weekend!

That looks like a excellent breakfast! (It would also make an fine lunch. Not a bad dinner, either.) :D

This is an old photo, but we had some pigs-in-blankets (per the British definition) for dinner tonight.

ykOoIHH.jpg

Frailer

Gold Member
I got a story on my phone this morning, about why the use of electric kettles isn't as widespread in the US as it is here!

I’d never even heard of such an appliance until I sponsored a British Army exchange officer in the mid-90s. We had a devil of a time finding him a suitable electric kettle over here.

I assume they never caught on due to our preference for coffee over tea. They are very handy gadgets, though.

WHT

Gold Member
I’d never even heard of such an appliance until I sponsored a British Army exchange officer in the mid-90s. We had a devil of a time finding him a suitable electric kettle over here.

I assume they never caught on due to our preference for coffee over tea. They are very handy gadgets, though.

I have an electric kettle; it is called a Keurig. I use it to heat water for both tea bags and instant hot chocolate. Works great!

Sorry, I haven't been active the past few weeks as I am recovering from a crushed vertebra from a fall. Five minutes on my feet and I am in agony.
Hope to post new pictures of my lambfoot soon.

Jack Black

Gold Member
A typical Saturday, keeping the wood stove going.
dEzMGN4.jpg

Keep warm Dave :) Your Hartshead Barlow is looking grand :thumbsup:

There was (one of the many things I loved about that show). I never thought about the rain thing, but I bet I’ll notice it next time I watch the show. :D

I don’t know that I could explain it very well myself; something to do with cisterns supplying water to the boiler, and the difference in pressure between that water and the cold water from the mains. The bathroom sink at my brother’s place in Bath had faucets that could not have been further apart, which made washing your hands an interesting experience. :D

I saw that same headline about electric kettles, but didn’t read the article. They certainly aren’t as common here. I think the only person I know personally who has one is my brother.

What is this “haircut” thing you guys keep talking about? ;) I haven’t had one since February. :D

Happy Hanukkah, Rachel! :thumbsup:

That looks like a excellent breakfast! (It would also make an fine lunch. Not a bad dinner, either.) :D

This is an old photo, but we had some pigs-in-blankets (per the British definition) for dinner tonight.

ykOoIHH.jpg

I'm surprised I had to even think about the thing with the taps Barrett, as I can still remember my mother telling me, as a very young child, to only drink water from the cold tap, and not the hot tap. The reason for it is the way that water used to be heated here. Water went into a storage tank, and then into a copper boiler, where it was heated by means of an immersion heater, so you definitely wouldn't want to drink it! :eek: As I live in an old house, I had this same system until about 15 years ago, but they are much rarer now :thumbsup:

I didn't read that article either Barrett! :D Electric kettles became more popular here in the late 1960's, and are now pretty much ubiquitous. My grandfather thought they were such a great idea, he bought three, in case they stopped making them! :D Though, they continued to use a kettle on the hob :rolleyes:

Those pigs-in-blankets look great mate! :D :) :thumbsup:

I need one every 4-6 weeks. Earlier this year I had to wait several months! Had to tie a bandana around my head.

LOL! :D I have one once a month, though as I keep it short, it doesn't take long for it to double in length! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

That is so funny! :D Did he not know how to use the regular kind? Maybe, that'd be the case if he was a young feller though :D I have a small travel model that I used to take on short sea cruises and crossings. A friend suggested it, and it was a great idea, as you can make a hot drink in your cabin, as well as ramen noodles and stuff :) :thumbsup:

I have an electric kettle; it is called a Keurig. I use it to heat water for both tea bags and instant hot chocolate. Works great!

Sorry, I haven't been active the past few weeks as I am recovering from a crushed vertebra from a fall. Five minutes on my feet and I am in agony.

Very sorry to hear about your fall buddy, that's terrible :( How long do you think it'll be until you're recovered? It's good to see you here :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, another wet and dreary day here I'm afraid, so I hope the weather is better for the rest of you, and that you have a peaceful and relaxing Sunday :) Double Stag Sunday for me today ;) :thumbsup:

mi8xwUN.jpg

MYL9KKb.jpg

Ramrodmb

Gold Member
Happy Sunday Jack and fellow Guardians! Just wanted to check in here. I hope this finds you all healthy and happy, all things considered.

I felt like I could not participate in this years KOTY thread as I have only picked up a handful of knives this year, mostly in the last couple months, and haven't carried any of them very much.

There is one knife that I have carried every single day this year, actually every day since I got it.
My 2019 Guardians Ironwood -one of Jack's fine SFO's. Thanks, Jack!

Recycled pic.
3zvJehA.jpg

Jack Black

Gold Member
Happy Sunday Jack and fellow Guardians! Just wanted to check in here. I hope this finds you all healthy and happy, all things considered.

I felt like I could not participate in this years KOTY thread as I have only picked up a handful of knives this year, mostly in the last couple months, and haven't carried any of them very much.

There is one knife that I have carried every single day this year, actually every day since I got it.
My 2019 Guardians Ironwood -one of Jack's fine SFO's. Thanks, Jack!

Recycled pic.
3zvJehA.jpg

Great to see you here Mark :) How are you doing my friend? :thumbsup:

I'm glad to hear that the 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot is still such a favourite :) That's a great pic of it :thumbsup:

I hope you have a peaceful Sunday Mark :thumbsup:

Ramrodmb

Gold Member
Great to see you here Mark :) How are you doing my friend? :thumbsup:

I'm glad to hear that the 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot is still such a favourite :) That's a great pic of it :thumbsup:

I hope you have a peaceful Sunday Mark :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack, I'm doing well. Yep, the 2019 just stays in my pocket. It just had a few licks on the stone and took a very fine edge.
Thanks my friend and same to you! :thumbsup: I hope your back is feeling better soon. I haven't had a flare up in quite awhile so I'm probably due.:rolleyes:

Jack Black

Gold Member
Thanks Jack, I'm doing well. Yep, the 2019 just stays in my pocket. It just had a few licks on the stone and took a very fine edge.
Thanks my friend and same to you! :thumbsup: I hope your back is feeling better soon. I haven't had a flare up in quite awhile so I'm probably due.:rolleyes:

That's good to hear mate :) Thanks, my back has felt OK recently, but I guess I couldn't have accounted for that accident. It's not quite as painful today than it was yesterday, so that is a positive sign :rolleyes: I hope you don't have any problems soon, but I know what you mean, I always find myself just waiting for the next flare-up o_O :thumbsup:

hVyTp3b.jpg

Prester John

Gold Member

Hope you are better soon.

Georgecatl

Gold Member
Good Morning Guardians
I hope this Sunday finds you all well.
It is cool and drizzly here in the Atlanta ‘burbs, so it will be a good day for indoor Christmas decorating by the wife and assembling a hearty pot of soup by myself. I’m thinking sausage may be a good start.

89F8DEAF-22FC-4780-9864-C5049E0AB81F.jpeg

Jack Black

Gold Member
Good Morning Guardians
I hope this Sunday finds you all well.
It is cool and drizzly here in the Atlanta ‘burbs, so it will be a good day for indoor Christmas decorating by the wife and assembling a hearty pot of soup by myself. I’m thinking sausage may be a good start.

View attachment 1472677

That's a scary image Dan! :eek: :D The weather is absolutely rotten here, and I have something similar planned myself, going to get the lights up, and the stew is already on :) Enjoy your soup :thumbsup:

Onebigbill

Gold Member
Keep warm Dave :) Your Hartshead Barlow is looking grand :thumbsup:

I'm surprised I had to even think about the thing with the taps Barrett, as I can still remember my mother telling me, as a very young child, to only drink water from the cold tap, and not the hot tap. The reason for it is the way that water used to be heated here. Water went into a storage tank, and then into a copper boiler, where it was heated by means of an immersion heater, so you definitely wouldn't want to drink it! :eek: As I live in an old house, I had this same system until about 15 years ago, but they are much rarer now :thumbsup:

I didn't read that article either Barrett! :D Electric kettles became more popular here in the late 1960's, and are now pretty much ubiquitous. My grandfather thought they were such a great idea, he bought three, in case they stopped making them! :D Though, they continued to use a kettle on the hob :rolleyes:

Those pigs-in-blankets look great mate! :D :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D I have one once a month, though as I keep it short, it doesn't take long for it to double in length! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

That is so funny! :D Did he not know how to use the regular kind? Maybe, that'd be the case if he was a young feller though :D I have a small travel model that I used to take on short sea cruises and crossings. A friend suggested it, and it was a great idea, as you can make a hot drink in your cabin, as well as ramen noodles and stuff :) :thumbsup:

Very sorry to hear about your fall buddy, that's terrible :( How long do you think it'll be until you're recovered? It's good to see you here :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, another wet and dreary day here I'm afraid, so I hope the weather is better for the rest of you, and that you have a peaceful and relaxing Sunday :) Double Stag Sunday for me today ;) :thumbsup:

mi8xwUN.jpg

MYL9KKb.jpg
Our weather here is the same as yours across the pond. Dreary and rainy.:thumbsdown: Glad your back is feeling a little better...walking is very good for it:thumbsup:. Acrobatics not so good for it:D. This two knives are a good way to start the day,

Jack Black

Gold Member
Our weather here is the same as yours across the pond. Dreary and rainy.:thumbsdown: Glad your back is feeling a little better...walking is very good for it:thumbsup:. Acrobatics not so good for it:D. This two knives are a good way to start the day,

Hope you get some sunshine soon Bill :) Thank you my friend, I'm definitely going to have to give up the acrobatics! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

I have an electric induction kettle. It's faster than the stove-top, but takes up counter-space. In the summer it's worth the loss of counter-space because it keeps the heat in the water.
7HGv64E.jpg

It's the way to go Jer :D ;) Old Toffee Wings is looking good :) :thumbsup:

Y0Hnm4t.jpg

cudgee

Gold Member
Good evening guardians, hope you are having a good weekend. I have to go back to school, i recently posted what is not allowable in the Guardians thread, i have deleted said thread and put myself on notice. I have to redo my learning of the threads rules. Hope you all have a good and safe week, and please take care.

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC