Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

dantzk8

Basic Member
I read that wiki article earlier, when you mentioned the "Shaver Mystery". That's some wild stuff; please let me know if it's an entertaining read, or just mad ramblings. I used to find wild tales and crazy conspiracies entertaining. I've come to realize that no matter how insane a story you tell, there will be quite a few people ready to believe it. "Hook, line and sinker" as we say around here.

Happy Hanukkah, to Guardians and friends!

NmgbJHD.jpg

Happy Hanukkah Rachel. Beautiful menorah you have there.

Dan.

It sounds like your father was ahead of his time! :eek: I suspect I might be in better shape if I'd spent more of my youth sat on my backside watching TV! :D :thumbsup:

My father is definitely in better shape at his 61 than all his fiends, who had to undergo multiple surgeries due to injuries suffered while playing football for recreation.

... but sadly, there may be no more SFOs :( :thumbsup:

That is very unfortunate :( I have no idea how pandemic affected A. Wright's business, but silly me was expecting that any business would be grateful for any financial injection at times like these. I might as well jump on standard production ebony then.

Jack Black

Gold Member
Hope you feel better soon Jack !
Is your usual Saturday hike on the calendar for tomorrow ?

I enjoyed that illustration :thumbsup:, a picture is worth a thousand words !

Thanks a lot Dan :) Sadly, I've had to cancel my Saturday hike, but the weather here is very poor, and I would have been on my own anyway :( I sure hope I'll be able to go out the following Saturday :thumbsup:

Yeah, you wouldn't want to be teeming crucible steel like that with a bad back! :eek: :thumbsup:

Gracias Jack :)

I'd say you go for the unbeatable squirrel girl instead !
She is the real deal Jack :thumbsup: !!! :p:rolleyes::D

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl was a hoot Dan! :D :thumbsup:

I read that wiki article earlier, when you mentioned the "Shaver Mystery". That's some wild stuff; please let me know if it's an entertaining read, or just mad ramblings. I used to find wild tales and crazy conspiracies entertaining. I've come to realize that no matter how insane a story you tell, there will be quite a few people ready to believe it. "Hook, line and sinker" as we say around here.

NmgbJHD.jpg

You are right there Rachel :rolleyes: Apparently in the months that followed the publication of that particular edition of Amazing Stories they received more than 50,000 letters "expressing total belief" in Shaver's claims. Many of the letters came from people who claimed to have had first hand experience of the hidden underground world :rolleyes:

Happy Hanukkah my friend, that's a great pic :) :thumbsup:

Prester John

Gold Member

NmgbJHD.jpg
Happy Hanukkah, Rachel.

Jack Black

Gold Member
My father is definitely in better shape at his 61 than all his fiends, who had to undergo multiple surgeries due to injuries suffered while playing football for recreation.

That is very unfortunate :( I have no idea how pandemic affected A. Wright's business, but silly me was expecting that any business would be grateful for any financial injection at times like these. I might as well jump on standard production ebony then.

Good for him :)

I hope you'll read that first post :thumbsup:

r8shell

Platinum Member
You are right there Rachel :rolleyes: Apparently in the months that followed the publication of that particular edition of Amazing Stories they received more than 50,000 letters "expressing total belief" in Shaver's claims. Many of the letters came from people who claimed to have had first hand experience of the hidden underground world :rolleyes:

Happy Hanukkah my friend, that's a great pic :)
Nowadays, I find it sad, rather than amusing, that there are so many crazy, gullible people in the world. It's a little scary, too.
Happy Hanukkah, Rachel.
Thanks for the Hanukkah greetings, guys. I don't think there will be any holiday festivities this year, but I don't mind a restful season. Perhaps I'll video chat with the family. Since travel is out of the question, I see my folks more often than I ever used to. :D

Couldn't not share this picture here. :D

V3J25n4h.jpg

Happy Friday, Guardians! Have a great weekend!
That looks delicious. Just needs a little Henderson's Relish!
PXN8jT3.jpg

Onebigbill

Gold Member
Good evening Guardians and all. Had my monthly infusion and it sort of knocked me for a loop.:eek: Been laying low today and napping.:rolleyes: Not much to report I'm afraid. Hope to be chipper tomorrow.:thumbsup: Aside from all this I still had my HHB with me. I think that I could unload all my knives and be happy with just this one.:D
IMG_2436.JPG

Jack Black

Gold Member
Nowadays, I find it sad, rather than amusing, that there are so many crazy, gullible people in the world. It's a little scary, too.

Thanks for the Hanukkah greetings, guys. I don't think there will be any holiday festivities this year, but I don't mind a restful season. Perhaps I'll video chat with the family. Since travel is out of the question, I see my folks more often than I ever used to. :D

That looks delicious. Just needs a little Henderson's Relish!
PXN8jT3.jpg

It IS scary how gullible some folks can be Rachel, particularly en masse :eek: I hope you were able to have some form of contact with your family :) Cool pic :D That's some nice patina there :cool: :thumbsup:

Good evening Guardians and all. Had my monthly infusion and it sort of knocked me for a loop.:eek: Been laying low today and napping.:rolleyes: Not much to report I'm afraid. Hope to be chipper tomorrow.:thumbsup: Aside from all this I still had my HHB with me. I think that I could unload all my knives and be happy with just this one.:D
View attachment 1472044

Sorry to hear about that Bill, I hope that you'll wake up feeling better buddy :) That's a nice clean pic of your Hartshead Barlow, I'm glad you think so highly of it :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, wishing everyone a happy weekend. No walk for me today I'm afraid, but I have made plans to have a fire and a few drinks with my neighbours, if the rain holds off, and to shell out for pizza for them and their 4 kids :)

Just a reminder relating to some recent discussion about buying a knife (which I'd hoped would die on its own):

"The Porch was set up for the purpose of non-commercial discussion about traditional knives - to talk about KNIVES, not the BUYING OF KNIVES. As per the sub-forum guidelines, please keep questions about buying and selling out of this thread. If you see a knife you like the look of, and would like to purchase something similar, please contact the owner privately to ask about where they bought it, rather than in this thread. To send a Private Message you will need to be a paying Bladeforums member, but membership can be purchased inexpensively and helps to support the site, as well as making your experience here better."

Enjoy your weekend Guardians, and stay safe out there :) :thumbsup:

cFcfAz7.jpg

Onebigbill

Gold Member
It IS scary how gullible some folks can be Rachel, particularly en masse :eek: I hope you were able to have some form of contact with your family :) Cool pic :D That's some nice patina there :cool: :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about that Bill, I hope that you'll wake up feeling better buddy :) That's a nice clean pic of your Hartshead Barlow, I'm glad you think so highly of it :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, wishing everyone a happy weekend. No walk for me today I'm afraid, but I have made plans to have a fire and a few drinks with my neighbours, if the rain holds off, and to shell out for pizza for them and their 4 kids :)

Just a reminder relating to some recent discussion about buying a knife (which I'd hoped would die on its own):

"The Porch was set up for the purpose of non-commercial discussion about traditional knives - to talk about KNIVES, not the BUYING OF KNIVES. As per the sub-forum guidelines, please keep questions about buying and selling out of this thread. If you see a knife you like the look of, and would like to purchase something similar, please contact the owner privately to ask about where they bought it, rather than in this thread. To send a Private Message you will need to be a paying Bladeforums member, but membership can be purchased inexpensively and helps to support the site, as well as making your experience here better."

Enjoy your weekend Guardians, and stay safe out there :) :thumbsup:

cFcfAz7.jpg
Very nice crisp photo of your HHB Jack.:thumbsup: Sorry that your back is ailing and I hope it gets better before Christmas.:thumbsup: As for me, thankfully the side effects of immunotherapy aren't as severe as chemotherapy and I finish up on January 8th of next year.:) I will still need to go in for full body scans but that is only an inconvenience. I still have a port that was surgically implanted in my arm and that will come out shortly after my last infusion.:D Looking forward to 2021 (COVID vaccine shots and all)o_O

Good morning Guardians and all. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Will be a good one to clean up the garage and cut up some waste cardboard for the recycle trash. I'll be putting these to good use.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: IMG_2712.JPG

Jack Black

Gold Member
Very nice crisp photo of your HHB Jack.:thumbsup: Sorry that your back is ailing and I hope it gets better before Christmas.:thumbsup: As for me, thankfully the side effects of immunotherapy aren't as severe as chemotherapy and I finish up on January 8th of next year.:) I will still need to go in for full body scans but that is only an inconvenience. I still have a port that was surgically implanted in my arm and that will come out shortly after my last infusion.:D Looking forward to 2021 (COVID vaccine shots and all)o_O

Good morning Guardians and all. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Will be a good one to clean up the garage and cut up some waste cardboard for the recycle trash. I'll be putting these to good use.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: View attachment 1472135

Thank you Bill, as I can't get out today, it's from my hike last week :) I hope everything goes well from here on in buddy, and that you have a much better 2021 :thumbsup:

Those two look like a good way to start the weekend :) :thumbsup: