Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

r8shell

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I've had another busy day here in Grumbleland ;) The electrician I've been waiting on since Monday morning, finally turned up :rolleyes: After doing some house work, I went into the city centre to do some shopping, and had some nice Vietnamese pho while I was there :) More housework when I got in, as well as applying a coat of Briwax to the door frame I've been finishing, and rubbing it down. No trip to the market again tomorrow as I have agreed to look after my mate's 3 kids again. Got sausage rolls on the agenda, some slingshot practice, walking the dog, blackberry picking, and they've requested a classic sci-fi film - sorry you can't be with us JohnDF JohnDF ! :D My pal is picking me up before 8am, so if I don't get a chance to post in the morning, have a good Thursday Guardians :thumbsup:

tsx7KAm.jpg
I love Galaxy Quest, though I wonder if it would be funny to young'uns who aren't familiar with the original Star Trek series. (some folks forget there was a time after the show was off the air, but before the movies: most of the actors could hardly get work, and did stuff like making appearances at shopping mall openings)

Stop It !!!🤨😜
Grr...I hope they're still in stock next payday.

Lambsfoot content:
I love 'em all, but the Bagpipe Big-un seems to be the only one I've carried this year. I should get the whole flock out for oiling soon, and maybe I'll try to switch it up.
IujTk9V.jpg

39XCzao.jpg

Jack Black

Gold Member
My son paid us a visit and is staying for a couple of days. We watched "Interstellar"
View attachment 1623078
last night until very late so I ended up sleeping in until 8:00 AM - very unusual for me. I finally learned what a tesseract was.
Hope everyone has a great day today.

View attachment 1623085
Sounds like you're having fun with your son Bill :) I could have slept in myself today I think (didn't get the chance unfortunately), been a hard week. Nice to see your 2019 Guardians SFO :) :thumbsup:
I love Galaxy Quest, though I wonder if it would be funny to young'uns who aren't familiar with the original Star Trek series. (some folks forget there was a time after the show was off the air, but before the movies: most of the actors could hardly get work, and did stuff like making appearances at shopping mall openings)

Grr...I hope they're still in stock next payday.

Lambsfoot content:
I love 'em all, but the Bagpipe Big-un seems to be the only one I've carried this year. I should get the whole flock out for oiling soon, and maybe I'll try to switch it up.
IujTk9V.jpg

39XCzao.jpg
Good point Rachel, but I'm afraid I can't give you a definitive answer. It was the eldest lad who asked me to bring a couple of sci-fi films, and who picked Galaxy Quest. However, he immediately put on his headphones, and started watching a different film on his tablet. The younger lad did exactly the same. Fortunately, their sister displayed better manners, and seemed to enjoy the film. Last week, it was a pleasure to look after the three of them, but the boys, especially the older one, were an absolute pain in the backside today ☹️ I'm on my second glass of wine, and consider it very well-earned! 🤨😉 :thumbsup:

I'm glad you've been enjoying that Bagpiper Ebony Big 'Un Rachel :) That's a great photo of your flock there :) :thumbsup:

cudgee

Gold Member
With all these posts of tools, particularly one which is the new flavor of the month ;) thought i should join in. I bought this as a knife opener for knives with a really hard pull. Nah, don't work, but found a new use, is a handy screw driver if you are in a pinch, but it is great for cleaning small leather strops.👌

Lx6deA0.jpg

Jack Black

Gold Member
With all these posts of tools, particularly one which is the new flavor of the month ;) thought i should join in. I bought this as a knife opener for knives with a really hard pull. Nah, don't work, but found a new use, is a handy screw driver if you are in a pinch, but it is great for cleaning small leather strops.👌

Lx6deA0.jpg
Glad you found a use for it Dan :) Nice to see your Rodgers Barlow :thumbsup:
One handed plier deployment ... I am ready :thumbsup: 🤓

kkZiwEt.gif
LOL! :D You need a Lambsfoot Sheldon Knife to go with the pliers Dan! :D :thumbsup:

Q4xWB6L.jpg

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone has had a good week :) I'm looking to getting this one over myself 🤨 Still another day to go though! :rolleyes: Have an easy Friday Guardians, thought I'd blow away the week with Bagpipe Ebony! :D ;) :thumbsup:

V62EhUI.jpg

r8shell

Lx6deA0.jpg
Those knife picks are handy for a few things.
YDgcVwF.jpg

One handed plier deployment ... I am ready :thumbsup: 🤓

kkZiwEt.gif
You're killin' me here.

Jack Black

Gold Member
Those knife picks are handy for a few things.
YDgcVwF.jpg

You're killin' me here.
LOL! :D That's one of the things I use the 'nose' of my Lambsfoot for :) I was once in a pub, eating some pistachios, and I noticed the guy at the next table was looking at me eating the nuts, so I offered him some. He thanked me, and took a handful, shelled one, and popped it in his mouth. He said, "They taste a lot better without the shells don't they?" :D
Getting prepared for my trip to Hawaii next week.:) Going to leave my lambs foot knives at home because I don't want to risk losing them. :confused: Until then I will have my HHB in the pocket.:thumbsup:
View attachment 1623771
Have a great time in Hawaii Bill, I'd be happy with a trip to Hartlepool (below) at the moment! :D Maybe you'll come across a Hawaiian Lambsfoot ;) :thumbsup:

1.jpg

r8shell

LOL! :D That's one of the things I use the 'nose' of my Lambsfoot for :) I was once in a pub, eating some pistachios, and I noticed the guy at the next table was looking at me eating the nuts, so I offered him some. He thanked me, and took a handful, shelled one, and popped it in his mouth. He said, "They taste a lot better without the shells don't they?"
I sure hope he was joking. o_O

Jack Black

Gold Member
I sure hope he was joking. o_O
Not at all, in fact we ended up being quite good friends. He was a nice bloke, but certainly not the brightest! :D He was from an area of small villages in North-East England (quite close to Hartlepool actually), and I don't think he'd come across pistachios before moving to Sheffield a few weeks before - not that 1980's Sheffield was a centre of sophistication! :D He had terrible eyesight, and when he came into the pub, he'd look around to see if he had any friends in, a group of of us would sit there waving, and he'd then walk back out again, and one of us would have to run after him! :D He had two brothers, one of whom also moved to Sheffield, and was even less bright! :D :thumbsup:

Jack Black

Gold Member
I've just been out picking a load of blackberries in my back garden, but I was so busy separating them into oven dishes, and into containers for freezing, that I forgot to take a pic :( Aw well, I'll try and remember to take one in a couple of days, when I pick some more ;) Just having an end of week beer :thumbsup:

M3kdR6f.jpg