Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Hello Guardians! I realize that it has been quite some time since I have been around here, and it has definitely been a loss for me. I'm trying to get caught up with things at work, home, here and everything else! I've had a lot of things going on in my life recently, but (knock on wood) I think it's getting back to normal :D
I've been carrying my HHB most every day, but I haven't been using it much because it's just so darn beautiful! 😍

View attachment 2557260

View attachment 2557262

I keep waiting for spring to show itself around here, but it's being stubborn!
Great to see you Ken (I can relate to your situation) :) Get that Barlow used mate, it'll still be beautiful! :D Hoping Spring comes soon 🤞:thumbsup:

Great to see you Ken (I can relate to your situation) :) Get that Barlow used mate, it'll still be beautiful! :D Hoping Spring comes soon 🤞:thumbsup:
Thank you very much Jack Black Jack Black ! Yes, you have been going through more than your share of it! I hope that gets better and better for you, Jack...
I need to take a little time and get a proper edge on it, then I'm sure it will get a lot more use:thumbsup:

Afternoon all,
The flock had a day off & a spa treatment 😁

Work light on
Your flock grows.

It's been like watching a full seasons timelapse out the workshop window today!

Photo Fodda: Modified AW Wright 33W. Still only Lambsfoot I have, but I'm interested in the same knife in ebony if anyone has any leads??
Anyway he's helped me get this belt packed up for shipping 👌
IMG-6056.jpg
Nice photo
Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone had a good week, and arrived at the weekend safe and sound :) For once, the sun is shining here, and it looks like it might actually be a nice day. If it doesn't rain today, it'll be the first day in a long time! I've abandoned my plans for today, and going to take it easy over the weekend, but I might meet up with Wolfie for a coffee, or go for a drive or something. He's on 'standby', as his eldest lad is backpacking for the first time. Just an overnighter, organised by the school, (in conjunction with the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme - a bit like a Scout trip), but these trips are notoriously badly organised. I hope everyone has a great weekend :thumbsup:

Notoriously badly organized” does not necessarily rule out a Scout outing.🤪
Good morning Guardians !

It's a cold day here, 35° at the moment 🥶

Carrying the Current Lamb 👍

I suspect Mr. Oates was dodging the King’s men up in Nottingham Forest harvesting old growth stag.
I have noticed that people younger than me do not know how to cut hair. I like an old-fashinoned haircut from the mid-60's or earlier. Hard to find barbers who can do that. Barbers don't dress like barbers anymore, either.
--Grumpy Old Git
When I saw your self-portrait with your canine buddy, I was wondering what they call that hairstyle.😎

I cut my own, so no pic.

You’re welcome.
It didn't look like the guy who was next to me in the chair was having much done, but they sure took a long time over it, feller must have been sat down 45 minutes or more! :eek: I want to be in and out as soon as possible. I was at a new place today, Barry The Original Ted recommended it. Seemed OK, hard to mess up a No2 crop - unless you're Barber Brian! :eek: 🤣 The thing I didn't like it is, due to it's location opposite the market, they get loads of idiots wandering in, talking rubbish. When I'm having my hair cut, I want the barber concentrating on cutting my hair, not talking to random nut-jobs. One guy wandered in TWICE. I've come across him before, and humanity would benefit from his absence :rolleyes:

Thanks David :) :thumbsup:

Sweet! :cool: :thumbsup:
Another reason I just hack it off myself. It’s quieter, and there’s no one else to blame.

Last edited:
Sure is a beauty :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack!
Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone is doing OK. I don't know what on earth was up with my internet signal last night, but I had to give up in the end :rolleyes: Despite the poor weather here yesterday, I didn't have such a bad day, and got a bunch of errands and jobs done. The guy who runs the small Tunisian place in the market, has been away visiting his folks for a couple of weeks, and so, even before midday, he was struggling to keep up with demand. I didn't think I was going to get a table at first! :D The African greengrocer, with the stall next door, from an earlier, and hungrier, wave of immigration, thinks his neighbour is a fool for closing his business for 2 weeks, and not shy about speaking his mind! :D I don't know if anyone remembers the photos I posted, a few months ago, of a suspicious fire that broke out at an old house, on Leeds' oldest streets. They were supposed to be doing work to preserve it, but I never saw any evidence of it, and conveniently, (for both landlord, Council, and developer), it has now collapsed, which is a great shame :( Unfortunately, I had left home without my camera, but took a few pics on my phone. The photos take me back to being a kid, when I used to see entire streets like that, that were bombed by the Luftwaffe. They were my playground! :eek:

That's sad what happened there.
It's raining here, yet again, at the moment :rolleyes: I have plenty of stuff to do indoors, but could do with going into town later, if I get time. Carrying my Hartshead Barlow :) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

HHB is a dandy!
Wow! Love it! I really like that older Sheffield Jig Work, and how can we not say something about those Bolsters! What a beauty!
Thanks Duncan!
Good morning Guardians !

Joseph Rodgers for Two blade Tuesday 👍

Beeeeautiful!

Thank you very much Jack Black Jack Black ! Yes, you have been going through more than your share of it! I hope that gets better and better for you, Jack...
I need to take a little time and get a proper edge on it, then I'm sure it will get a lot more use:thumbsup:
Thanks a lot my friend, I'm not sure when I was handed the Black Spot, but it's been a while now :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:
Notoriously badly organized” does not necessarily rule out a Scout outing.🤪
🤣 :thumbsup:
Another reason I just hack it off myself. It’s quieter, and there’s no one else to blame.
That was definitely my holiday haircut! :D The last one was before I went away at Christmas :D In between, I just use the clippers, but I find it hard to get round my ears. I usually do a #2, but I might drop it to a #1 :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack!

That's sad what happened there.

HHB is a dandy!
Thanks a lot buddy, folks here don't always appreciate history :( :thumbsup:
Afternoon Guardians! Looks like everything is motoring along just fine. Cool and cloudy today. Chance of rain later.

I reckon there's probably a chance of rain here too David - inevitably! :rolleyes:😖🤣:thumbsup:

11 pages to catch up on, but been driving an awful lot. Tuesday should be a good day for my TEW.

Sounds a bit dire for some farmers over there, Jack. Sorry to hear that.
E7-DB258-F-92-F0-4792-A1-E2-67-C9-A8-C40299.jpg

Good looking Lamb !

That is an absolute dream of a Lamb Steve :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy !

Hello Guardians! I realize that it has been quite some time since I have been around here, and it has definitely been a loss for me. I'm trying to get caught up with things at work, home, here and everything else! I've had a lot of things going on in my life recently, but (knock on wood) I think it's getting back to normal :D
I've been carrying my HHB most every day, but I haven't been using it much because it's just so darn beautiful! 😍

View attachment 2557260

View attachment 2557262

Good to see you back Ken !

Beeeeautiful!

Thanks pal !

Afternoon Guardians! Looks like everything is motoring along just fine. Cool and cloudy today. Chance of rain later.

Nice one buddy !

Day off. Soccer game and track meet today. I’m basically a soccer mom today 😂😂. Rodgers shadow lamb today. Hope everyone is having a good day.

D5VWE2M.jpeg

Cool Lamb Paul !

View attachment 2557260

View attachment 2557262

Hope things ok, drop in when you can, we will be here.
Great lamb.

I've been doing some plinking, which I also find very relaxing :) I'm always tempted to take a slingshot away with me, as they weigh so little, but there's always the chance there'll be nowhere to use it, or that folks will think you're trying to kill wildlife, or cause damage :rolleyes: Sissi, the place, I'm going to in Crete, is really small, but I discovered they actually have an archery range :) Does airsoft too, which I've never tried :D :thumbsup:

This Eggington Rodgers Lambsfoot Barlow has a lot of cant to the blade. Strange company Eggington, the firm existed prior to them acquiring the great Sheffield names, but they didn't make knives, and have relied on jobbing cutlers, ever since, so far as I know. Stan Shaw even made a few folders for them at one point, before falling out with the old gaffer.
That is some extreme cant! A beautiful barlow.

Stress will get you. I laugh a lot. My cat cracks me up all day. Learning about knives and hanging out here is another great way for me to avoid stress. The only stressful thing with knives is waiting for the mail when I have one incoming. Yesterday I got my zen on putting a new edge on this lambsfoot. It took some time. I used a polish cloth to shine up the blade a bit. Pretty good way to relax.
I agree Kurt. Seeking a relief from stress is what brought me to this place 7 years ago. That Toole lambsfoot is a real beauty!

My first lambsfoot and wow do I really like this I-XL. Loving the redwood handle and the feel of this lambsfoot in hand, blade edge could use a bit of a touch up, just a few a passes on the stone oughta do it.

View attachment 2557096

View attachment 2557097

I will probably get the buffalo barlow lambsfoot next.
Very nice. Congrats and welcome. 👍
Good morning Guardians !

Joseph Rodgers for Two blade Tuesday 👍

Fantastic photo of that JR Lamb Steve.
11 pages to catch up on, but been driving an awful lot. Tuesday should be a good day for my TEW.

Sounds a bit dire for some farmers over there, Jack. Sorry to hear that.
E7-DB258-F-92-F0-4792-A1-E2-67-C9-A8-C40299.jpg
Outstanding grain Jeff!

Day off. Soccer game and track meet today. I’m basically a soccer mom today 😂😂. Rodgers shadow lamb today. Hope everyone is having a good day.

D5VWE2M.jpeg
You know that requires an Official Soccer Mom Mini Van, right?
Very nice. Congrats and welcome. 👍

Fantastic photo of that JR Lamb Steve.

Outstanding grain Jeff!
Thanks, Dwight!

Back