Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks for the kind words, Harvey. :) Quite an impressive flock of lambs you're shepherding these days! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I appreciate your supportive words about my photographic efforts, Harvey, even though any good pics I take are more by accident than intent! ;) I've neither carved with an Opinel nor carved an Opinel handle, but I'd sometime like to try both of those. (Actually, I did use knife to reshape the handle of an Opinel to a cigar shape, but it wasn't really "carving".)

Indeed I do enjoy that stag senator, Harvey. :thumbsup::thumbsup: That venerable lambsfoot of yours is a treasure! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
- GT
Thank you, GT. It’s always a pleasure to see you posting here or elsewhere in the Traditionals. Your images are no accident. Your knowledge, style, and knives are pure joy. The Valley Jack is right handsome. Be well. Until the next time.

Today with the youngest of the herd, in Buffalo horn!:cool::thumbsup:

2604ykm.jpg

Looking good Jose :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. Great knife.

Thanks Dave :) :thumbsup:

Thanks GT. Yes they are similar in color and stag. Here's a pile side shot of em.
View attachment 1116942

Beautiful ironwood.

Very nice pic Dave.

gunstockjack gunstockjack Barry I hope your surgery goes well Friday and recovery is swift.

Great pic of those two together Dwight :thumbsup:

Ych y fie.

Indeed :(

After a couple of busy day and another on for tomorrow, I know I'll not get caught up in this thread. I'll just solider on from here...
Jack, sorry about your back and the pain you're experiencing. The jousting pictures and commentary was superb and very entertaining as well as enlightening. Thank you for doing such a great job.

I have been going through the Guardian's posts of the past few days. What great pictures, each one worthy of a calendar page. Such a pleasure to view and read. Kudos to you all.
Have a terrific Thursday.
DSC_0245.JPG

Thanks Preston, don't be working too hard my friend, nice pic of your Snakewood :thumbsup:

Thanks for the well wishes guys!

dMnKTkS.jpg

Cool pic Barry :thumbsup:

Couldn't have done it without ya, my friend.

Thanks, Dwight

I think Jack Black Jack Black and I might be brothers from another mother. :D

Always good to see you around, GT.
Motorcycles in the house?:eek: Reminds me of my childhood.
Seriously, it was not unusual to have Harley parts laying all around and a bike parked in the living room.

Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

Definitely! :D :thumbsup:

I barely know anyone who has ever owned a bike, who has not had a house like that at some time! :D Probably just as well I don't own one myself anymore! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Thank you, GT. It’s always a pleasure to see you posting here or elsewhere in the Traditionals. Your images are no accident. Your knowledge, style, and knives are pure joy. The Valley Jack is right handsome. Be well. Until the next time.

Nicely said Harvey, come back soon GT :) :thumbsup:

I can't keep my snake wood damlamb out of my pocket! I keep trying to put it in my knife shelve and carry something else....it's just to dang nice!!!

Every knife deserves a honeymoon :D :thumbsup:

1tMr5yR.jpg

Yikes! :eek: Thank you OG, yeah, I found that! :eek: :D Cool pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Blimey, hope your op goes OK Barry :thumbsup: My buddy @ADEE has only just had a hernia op too. Sweet dreams thinking of lambsfootzzz ;) :thumbsup:

I have always been fascinated by time travel GT, sadly your posts are probably the nearest thing I'll get to it! :p :D :thumbsup: Thanks for all your kind words my friend :) That seems very fast for a Spanish train GT ;) I have never been on the high-velocity train, but I used to go on the TALGO regularly, and while it had a pleasant dining car, I found it only moderately paced, particularly compared to the French TGV. Here it can take 100 minutes to get from Sheffield to Leeds by train though, a distance of just over 40 miles o_O Maybe that's actually the nearest I'll get to time travel! o_O ;) :D :thumbsup:
Most Spanish AVE are built by Alstom or Bombardier and except one from Siemens are based on the French technology. There's an agreement that allows TGV ride in Spain and AVEs in France.
Spanish railways used a wider track, but most high speed trains use standard European 1,435m tracks.
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alta_Velocidad_Española#Matériel

Last edited:
Most Spanish AVE are built by Alstom or Bombardier and except one from Siemens are based on the French technology. There's an agreement that allows TGV ride in Spain and AVEs in France.
Spanish railways used a wider track, but most high speed trains use standard European 1,435m tracks.
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alta_Velocidad_Española#Matériel

The TGV is a great train to travel on JP, I have done the journey from Lille to Barcelona many times, but not for about 10 years. I think the TGV terminated at Montpellier then? I do remember you have to sit for about 20 minutes at Perpignon while the wheels are changed/adjusted to fit the wider Spanish track, but by then, I think you are on the TALGO, so far as I recall. I have always enjoyed European rail journeys, the worst, and most expensive, are here in the UK, though even here, there are some good routes (Scotland particularly). I remember going on the Trans-European Express in the 1970's :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians

Good morning John. Have a great day all.View attachment 1117217

Good morning, Guardians!
NStQPda.jpg

Good morning Guardians! :)

47643050672_83ef7a2af8_b_d.jpg

Cool pics guys :) :thumbsup:

I think the Damascus steel used in these lambsfoots is some of the best I've seen. :thumbsup:

I like it too Vince :) I like Damascus generally, but there are a few patterns which I think look too uniform. There is plenty of interest in this pattern :) I certainly never imagined I would own a Damascus Lambsfoot :cool: :thumbsup:

I think the Damascus steel used in these lambsfoots is some of the best I've seen. :thumbsup:
Thanks Vince! I agree my friend! :)

Cool pics guys :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack! :)

Top o' the mornin' Guardians! Here is a recent acquisition from an earlier period in the lamb foot timeline:

9IGcbAF.jpg

Wn1luYM.jpg
She’s a beauty Barry! :thumbsup: :) By the way, I can’t help but notice that you, just like the rest of us have been bitten by the Lambsfoot bug! ;) They are extremely addictive! :thumbsup: :D

Barry, is that tang stamp "J. CROOKES"? I can't quite make it out.

Yes Jeff, J. Crookes - heart & pistol - Sheffield

She’s a beauty Barry! :thumbsup: :) By the way, I can’t help but notice that you, just like the rest of us have been bitten by the Lambsfoot bug! ;) They are extremely addictive! :thumbsup: :D

Thank you Ron, and yes they are!

rlcjxZY.jpg

Back