Guided or Freehand sharpening...

It replaced a KME which I soon realised had too many shortcomings on blades longer than 150mm which is pretty well all my kitchen knives. Here in Australia there is no such thing as a legal EDC unless it has less than a 100mm blade.
Those shortcomings include the tightening of clamps on both the blade holder and the stone holder, the large angle variation from tip to centre as a result of the geometry of the frame, the 4" stones and more.
I always wondered why they can't invest some time to improve the clamps and stone holder. I mean; this system is the same from the start and despite all reports about shortcomings they are not able to do something. They could add an M3 screw in the middle of the clamps to tighten them properly and the stone holder is not so hard to improve. Seems odd to me they can't do at least a small effort to improve it.
By the way; I wonder where parts for this sharpening system are made. I was just looking at their site but I couldn't find any information. I guess it's the same as with WorkSharp Precision Adjust .... get parts over-sea and assemble them in some garage ... most likely scenario.
This could be the cause for lack of innovation.

Back