Gun Pictures, Here's mine, Let's see yours

AdAstra got me thinking about guns with his military surplus posts (Thanks Mike:p ) so I picked up a nice 1955 model Swiss K31 a while back. Beech stock, beat up as usual, but a nice bore and no rust. Now I know you're supposed to leave them as is, but that's just not me. I've got............urges. Usually involves TruOil and sandpaper, and gun blue, etc. I know it's heresy, but she looked so...sad. ;) Tried not to make her look new, the TruOil looked too plastic, so I toned it down with some 2000 grit sandpaper, then a rottenstone rubdown. Hit some of the worn hardware with some Oxpho-Blue from Brownells. First time I've used that and it's excellent stuff. The cartridge box is from the newer Sturmgewehr-57, but I didn't know better at the time.

K31.jpg

Then there are pistols. My dad left me 3 of them. Top right is a 38 Colt Police Positive that's seen better days. Functions perfectly, but it was pretty rusty when it was given to dad. Bottom right is a Junior Colt .25 caliber. I made the walnut grips for it 35 or 40 years ago. It's extremely accurate at less than 10 feet.:rolleyes: But it's a neat little popper. At left is an oldie goldie, the predecessor to the Colt 1911. It's a Colt Automatic, model of 1897, .38 Calibre Rimless Smokeless (.38 ACP not 38 Super) This one is my favorite. I love old stuff like this.

So what do you guys have?

Steve

3-colts.jpg

Neat stuff, Steve.

I put 200 rounds (7.65x25) through a CZ52 today, switched barrels, and shot another box of 9mm... 50 more through a lil' Beretta Jetfire I saved after it went underwater (15' storm surge made a house a slab).

Thumbs are sore. Going to have to look for a pic...

Ad Astra

Nope. No gun pics. But here's one of my HI Katana:

Nice weaponry ferguson! Mine doesn't have quite the personality of yours, but I like it all the same. Top pic is the S&W .44 Magnum I posted about earlier, which has turned out to be an absolute tack driver, and the bottom is my month old Colt Commander in .45 ACP. While not quite as inherently accurate as the Smith, it's still capable of tighter groups than I can shoot and it conceals much more easily. :cool:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Commander 001 copy.jpg
    Commander 001 copy.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 39
A couple of my latest FALs

sar48rw.jpg

A .223 Springfield SAR 4800

rcarbp.jpg

A .308 FAl kit.... Camo by Derek at Arizona Expert Arms.

rcarb2.jpg

Closeup of the detail....Derek is an Artist at refinishing weapons.

ClintB

BANNED
I need to get a new digi cam to get some better, more up to date pics.
trapper.gif

9422.gif

kimbers

allhandguns

There are more, just no pics at the moment.

ClintB said:
I need to get a new digi cam to get some better, more up to date pics.
trapper.gif

There are more, just no pics at the moment.

Cliff, what caliber is this one? I really like what's been done with it and have considered putting some rawhide on my .357 Marlin but don't want to add the extra weight it would put on the little rifle.
The brass tacks are classic as well as the hairpipe.:thumbup: :D :cool:

ClintB

BANNED
That gun was my Dad's cowboy action gun, it's a .45 colt.

He did all of the custom stuff, that's how it will stay.

I really like the color case hardend reciever too.:cool:

Steve, one minor quibble - Despite the 1897 patent date marking, your Colt is actually an early Colt .38 Automatic Pistol, Sporting Model of 1902, distinguished as such by the round stub hammer and the finger grooves toward the front of the slide. If you ever tire of it, drop me an email - I love 'em too!
Berk

Berkley said:
Steve, one minor quibble - Despite the 1897 patent date marking, your Colt is actually an early Colt .38 Automatic Pistol, Sporting Model of 1902, distinguished as such by the round stub hammer and the finger grooves toward the front of the slide. If you ever tire of it, drop me an email - I love 'em too!
Berk

Thanks so much Berk. Good to have the correct model #. I researched it many years ago, but like most things I have known, the knowledge is gone.:) This one was passed down from grandfather to father to me, so it's in the family. John Browning was certainly a gun genius!

Neat pics guys, keep them coming!

Steve

I don't have picture posting here, unfortunately.
I do have a small collection of rifles and handguns, and a couple shotguns.
I am deep in CZ pistols, they fit my smallish hands, and are a great value.
75B 9mm, 75B .40, 97B .45 ACP, 2075 Rami .40
IMI Jericho 941 FB 9mm
Springfield ARmory Micro-Compact .45 ACP
Kel-Tec P3AT .380

Rifles:
2 Armalites, M15A2 LE/Mil Demo 16" Carbine
M15A4 16" Carbine with Yankee hill rail, Trijicon ACOG
M1 Garand parts gun on a CAI(POS) receiver
Kahr Arms M1 Carbine
Springfield Armory M1A Socom 16 .308
Anschutz 1542 Sporter .22

Shotguns:
My Dad's late 1950's Remington 870 Wingmaster
Rem 870 Express 18" Barrel, Cav Arms AR stock conversion, mag ext., Hakko Reflex sight.
AN old H&R 20 Gauge single shot (my sister's first husband used this gun on himself, fatally) I have never shot it, and won't :(

I think that's all of em.

DaddyDett

ferguson said:
<kapow> John Browning was certainly a gun genius!

Neat pics guys, keep them coming!

Steve

Hear, hear Sir!

My late brother was partial to the 1911 and, to a lesser degree the HiPower. He hated "wheelguns". I have related my past adventure with the Polish Radom 9mm which was also a Browning design.
I gave my Baretta and Dan Wesson to one of my other brothers when I was going through a depressed state and my wife and I agreed they would be a bit too convient. They were the last of my firearms. My wife worries about the sharp and pointies but there are so many less painfull ways that I don't belive there's any danger of me making a bad name for swords, knives or other sharp objects.

Mr. Ferguson, that there is a BEAUTY! And AA, um, the Swiss anti-hoarding police have noted what you are up to! Aren't these k31's slick??!! My dad I love ours.

I was at Big 5 this week and there was a Yugo Mauser that appeared to be unnissued. The stock looked like teak or maybe mahogany, had a lot of whiskers on it; no dents, would really finish up great I think. They wanted $219 for it, but the manager told me he would sell it to me for $139! I need to see if I can get the wife to go for it, since my rat hole is empty and the $$$ will have to come out of the slush fund.

attachment.php

Attachments

• G17 and AFCK.jpg
    G17 and AFCK.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Pocket.jpg
    Pocket.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 18
  • My IJ TP22a.JPG
    My IJ TP22a.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 20
Raghorn, I dig the comic but it's technically incorrect, since Glock owners already know that Gaston Glock is God. ;)

Now, then...a lot of my collection is milsurp stuff and everyone already has a pretty good idea of what it all looks like, so I'll skip that stuff and move along to the fun, the unusual, and the often used section.

First up:
gun1.jpg

The end result of "Operation Tackdriver." Top is a very old 10/22 that's been extensively worked over by me. (Green Mountain barrel, some Volquartzen innards, action polished and slicked up, receiver anchored, barrel partially bedded, pinned and chamfered bolt, headspace tightened.) Hogue stock (it was cheap), Leupold 2-7x scope.
Bottom: Savage MkII w/ Accutrigger, bolt polished and slicked up, no real accurizing work done as of yet...it doesn't seem to really need it. :)

Next...
gun2.jpg

Top: The RishAR-15. Mostly Bushmaster lower, Fulton Armory upper, Jewell trigger (just the thing for us guys that learned to shoot on the M-14) and an I.O.R. Valdada M2 illuminated with the Dragonov style reticule.
Middle: Vepr 1 in .308, POSM scope. The original Kalashnikov on steroids.
Bottom, from left: Kel-Tec P3AT, Glock 30, Romanian M95.

gun3.jpg

Top: Tokarev SVT-40. Stock appears to be a refurbed AVT refugee. Lots of markings...this one's been around the block a few times.
Middle: 1944 Inland M1 Carbine, all matching.
Bottom, from left: some kind of Taurus .44 magnum, Glock 20 upper, Glock 21, Glock 34, CZ-52.

gun4.jpg

Top: my much beloved and often cursed M1A.
Middle: Romanian AK clone w/ Kobra sight and Chinese 75-rounder. Kitbashed furniture that doesn't even make an attempt at color matching. (It's an AK. Who cares?)
Lower: Saiga-12 w/ Kobra sight. Neither the manual nor the dealer mentioned what the barrel's choked at but judging from the patterns, it's full or nearly so. Fixed rifle sights that are pretty far off to the right. Lots of fun.

Steve,
Right purty. I had an M1 Carbine that became much happier after some fine-grit sandpaper and 4 coats of Tung Oil.

Mike,
Nice K's. Subtle, too. :rolleyes: :D

Raghorn, is that a P-32? I have one just like it, SN 1XX. (Or, HAD. Haven't seen it in the last year. Hoping it's somewhere in Byron' safe.)

Dave, it is full. Been wanting one for the last, um, 5 years or so. I want the 19", adjustable sights version.

John