Gun Pictures, Here's mine, Let's see yours

also to lock the forks on my motorcycle

Sure :p

Since cuffs keys are so unique and so hard to get, it would really make sense to look something expensive in public by using cuffs. nightstand, there you have it. ;)

Heh. The last time I was in cuffs, I pulled 'em off, put my hands in front, and put the cuffs back on. Helps to have flexible wrists, I guess...:rolleyes:

John

just aqquired a A1 upper reciever to replace the A2, that bushmaster is getting closer to the real deal every day. ill take it to work and let my buddy rebarrel it.

really wanted a slabside but for 50 bucks itll be a sutable replacement for a few weeks until i can find something im happy with.

sogguy said:
This is my favorite, chambered in 357 SIG with Hakan Grips.
View attachment 52916

Man, that is sweet! Is that the 229? I know Beretta and H&K and Glock and Taurus all make models in that caliber, and Smith did, and you can get aftermarket barrels for others. I think EAA had one as well.

Thanks for any info on the model. The only really fancy wood custom grips I have are Hogues for my 629 and 686 set (a matching set of pau ferro finger groove grips w/ rosewood caps), but those look great. Haven't heard of them before.

Norm

KaBar said:
what? these pics?:
1722440913.jpg

4423352582.jpg

OK, how much for the woman and the Garand on the right? :D

Seriously, beautiful stuff. You are obviously an expert on M1's. I wish you could eval. the Garand I picked up last year from Springfield Armory. They made 10,000 new ones with new stocks, receivers and barrels, but I believe used old operating rods and the gas cylinders are definitely refurbed. All parkerized. It looks nice except the gas cylinder looks pretty rough. Oil finish on the new stock. I got serial # 3999. They said this was going to be their last new run for at least the foreseeable future.

Since I now send my paychecks directly to Yangdu, I have cut back my gun purchasing to a fraction of what it used to be, and in fact my "extra" gun cabinet is now full of swords and knives.

For that matter I stopped buying my books as well; and computer stuff, and car goodies, and clothes, food....

Norm

It's a real Springfield Armory, Inc. It's not a real Springfield Armory. I don't expect to ever be able to own one of those. (But I would like to.)

Why is it cursed? It suffers the problems that plagued (and continue to plague) the real M14: front sight coming loose, front sight retaining screw stripping, elevation screw coming loose, gas plug coming loose, the occasional wandering zero that can't be attributed to the sights coming loose, first round fliers, etc. None of these make my M1A cursed; they would simply make my M1A an M14-style rifle, as these problems are inherant to the design.

What makes my particular rifle cursed is that it's seen all of these, some more than once. Quite literally, something has gone wrong nearly every time that it's been to the range for the last few years. It's always been easily corrected once I figured out what went wrong, but still...I mean, wow.

When it's running, it runs beautifully. It feeds 100% and (assuming the sights haven't gone wonky on me) shoots even the worst milsurp fairly accurately. The trigger was nice out of the box. The shape of the stock reinforces proper shooting and punishes laziness. Most of it is well designed, but the parts that aren't -- on mine -- are Murphy's domain. Loctite is slowly but surely correcting these deficiencies.

But I have a good feeling about it. The one problem that I haven't made an attempt to fix (an untapped hole in the receiver) doesn't affect my situation, as I have no desire to mount a grenade launching sight nor a scope rail. I think that everything else is finally sorted out. My free time has basically evaporated with my new job but the next time that I make it out to the range, I'll know for sure.

It's not for sale. At least, not until the CMP starts selling the real ones, if they ever do.

Seriously, beautiful stuff. You are obviously an expert on M1's. I wish you could eval. the Garand I picked up last year from Springfield Armory. They made 10,000 new ones with new stocks, receivers and barrels, but I believe used old operating rods and the gas cylinders are definitely refurbed. All parkerized. It looks nice except the gas cylinder looks pretty rough. Oil finish on the new stock. I got serial # 3999. They said this was going to be their last new run for at least the foreseeable future.

ive thaught about picking one up as a shooter, theres a few floating around town for 400-500 but for the price i might as well buy a few more CMP guns while im at it. after i get that new order in and the guns built there will be 7 total and ive still got 5 more "free spaces" on my CMP punch card for this year.

are the trigger housings and such USGI? what about the internals?

btw, the "m16" pictured in some of my posts is going through a total revamp right now. as we speak a A1 upper reciever is taking the A2s place along with a NEW vietnam issue trapdoor buttstock and handguards. the only things that are not gona be circa 1967 will be the lower reciever and the 3 prong flash suppressor(65) along with the cosmetics a adjustable match trigger is also being installed.

KaBar said:
ive thaught about picking one up as a shooter, theres a few floating around town for 400-500 but for the price i might as well buy a few more CMP guns while im at it. after i get that new order in and the guns built there will be 7 total and ive still got 5 more "free spaces" on my CMP punch card for this year.

are the trigger housings and such USGI? what about the internals?

btw, the "m16" pictured in some of my posts is going through a total revamp right now. as we speak a A1 upper reciever is taking the A2s place along with a NEW vietnam issue trapdoor buttstock and handguards. the only things that are not gona be circa 1967 will be the lower reciever and the 3 prong flash suppressor(65) along with the cosmetics a adjustable match trigger is also being installed.

Kabar, the internals and housing and everything are all USGI as far as I know; it is SA after all (or maybe I'm mistaken by the term; it is new manufacture to milspec.) The SRP was almost $1200, but you know how that goes. I got mine for a grand even. I saw a new one 3 months ago for $1100. I figured I could take my chances on a used $500 CMP or get a new one for double that. I'm sure I might get a good one, but I didn't want to spend $ fixing it up. Miltech still offers them but they are refurbed and way too much $. Fulton Armory also refurbs them beautifully, but as far as I know these 10,000 are the first new manufacture since the early 1950's. I'll try and post a pic to this thread.

I wish now I had had the $250 in 1995 that it cost to get a DCM Garand. I belonged in a club and shot in a match and had all the paperwork but didn't have the $.

BTW, on your AR, I heard the 3 -prong flash suppressor _was_ standard on the A1, but they switched to the birdcage on the A2 because they would hang up on bushes and stuff. (?) Could be wrong. My Bushmaster came with a birdcage but I switched it to a Vortex 3-prong a few years ago.

Just checked and here is a link to the SA M1 and one with a close up pic. Their SRP is almost $1500 now, but I doubt anyone pays that. I think I got a fair deal. Just wonder now if I should have gotten the .308 instead, but I wanted it to be as original as I could find.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-rifles-m1-garand.shtml

http://www.springfield-armory.com/images/rifles/M19106Large.jpg

I was thinking about giving a tru-oil finish to the walnut stock. The stock on mine is by Boyd's, and looks better than the one in the picture I think.

Thanks,

Norm

Sweet collection, Kabar!!! :thumbup: Anyway, here's my immediate arsenal:

Guns.jpg

Top is my M1 Carbine. It would benefit from the handguard and type of scope Dave R. has on his.

Middle is my Romanian WASR-10 with 75 round Romanian drum mag. I bought the lower handguard at K-Var three or so years ago.

Bottom is my trusty .40 Glock 22.

Bob

Here are a couple

Ruger Security-Six .357<~~~didnt melt!

KT P-32<~~didnt melt either!

KT P3AT<~~~MELTED!!!

Attachments

• dave2 fixed.jpg
    dave2 fixed.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Picture 018 resized.jpg
    Picture 018 resized.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 14
  • standard budget.jpg
    standard budget.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 13
I had the opportunity to run about 150 rounds of the Winchester budget stuff through my P3AT on Tuesday, proceeding at a fairly rapid pace. It did not melt. In fact, it shot rather well. I think that I finally have the hang of it. The bore was amazingly fouled at the end, though. There are some chatter marks on the lands and they load up badly after a few shots.

What do you mean by melting? I'm not trying to imply that it didn't happen, but I want to know what to look for if it does start happening. I get a little carried away sometimes.

Bob, we seem to have very similar tastes in firearms. My M1 doesn't have any optics on it and the furniture is all original. Are you referring to my AK?

Dave...Wasnt anything KT did...

It served me well for about a year and a half...

It was a combo of heat and fire that did the poor thing in!!!

DaveflameresistantB

Dave Rishar said:
Bob, we seem to have very similar tastes in firearms. My M1 doesn't have any optics on it and the furniture is all original. Are you referring to my AK?

I probably was (the computer I'm on right now won't load up your pics for me to check). I haven't had much luck sighting my M1 in. Also, the upper handguard tends to come off after the first shot or two. The gun dealer I bought it from had a wood sliver wedged in to keep it in place.

Bob

if your having problems does it have a blue sky import mark stamped on the barrel?

ive never had a problem with my rockola, its been dead on sence i got it. i put it up against my buddys bushmaster a3 all the time at hitting shotgun shells at 50 yards. i even had a univeral onetime that was a heck of a shooter.

Back