Happy 7th birthday to the CPK sub-forum :)

Congrats!
One thing I appreciate about CPK is that every facet of the design and materials including heat treat is open for discussion and explanation.
With most companies you look at the product, hope for the best, and either buy it or not.

Congrats!
One thing I appreciate about CPK is that every facet of the design and materials including heat treat is open for discussion and explanation.
With most companies you look at the product, hope for the best, and either buy it or not.
Yup.

Most companies just go, "Our stuff is great/the best". "Why?", "Because we said so".

I've looked around, and while there are other knifemakers who also place a lot of focus on the performance aspects of their knives, there isn't another knifemaker who places as much focus on all the aspects of a knife's performance at CPK's pricepoints (and is willing to take the time to explain/share that info).

That's something that takes a while for normal folks to grasp; that although CPKs aren't exactly cheap (to a layman comparing the prices to knives that cost $100 or less), they ARE an incredible value for what you're getting.

Happy birthday CPK!

Thank you so much for your birthday wishes. It's such a pleasure to be able to make work for you fine people. And Uncle Matty too. Everybody here at CPK appreciates your interest in our work. We are growing here and getting into some pretty cool projects. You guys make this possible.

Fellow CPK'ers and esteemed CPK + Lorien:

It was on an auspicious day, June 17th 2016 when this sub unbeknownst to Jo was born :D

Throughout these 4 years, those of us who have been around since Day 1 have seen many tribulations with very little trials (because Nathan is never a whiner). We have seen CPK grow into a powerhouse and one of the most respected businesses on the Blade Forums. Although some of the older participants are not with us (figure of speech, not meant as literal facts) and a few take parts less in the daily banter, with the addition of the new folks this sub still remains quite engaging and for the most parts very informative.

Enjoy and hope to see you all around these parts, happy and healthy on the 5th anniversary of CPK's and for many more of those beyond that one :)
Yes it's very interesting to watch the time go by. It does not seem that long ago when I was spending hours and hours researching knife steel and makers from Blade Forums. It seemed like every Google search I would do related to various topics would bring me back to posts and forums on Blade Forums. And as a result of that learning time and researching I kept coming across references to Nathans knives, and to his work with 3 V steel.

And then the day came when I ordered a field knife (that was long before this sub- forum) and eventually send it with my son on an elk hunting trip in Colorado. It was that time, a few of you may remember that I then made a post in which he had wrote up about his experience using that knife on that bull elk (his first) that he got. It's still here in the archives somewhere. But that started something that would develop into a friendship with Nathan and Joe, and getting to know them at blade show every year. Since then it has been quite an experience to watch the evolution of their shop and their designs. And they are just very nice folks! Congratulations for this milestone on the forums.

And getting to visit with folks like @hardknocks and @casimostocks and many others. Mike gave me my first Zero tolerance, and I am still grateful for that. Marks folder has become iconic in our circlers, and Austin loves showing it to people after years of hard labor….

Hers to many more good times to come!

Thank you so much for your birthday wishes. It's such a pleasure to be able to make work for you fine people. And Uncle Matty too. Everybody here at CPK appreciates your interest in our work. We are growing here and getting into some pretty cool projects. You guys make this possible.
Absolutely.... Keep growing and keep it fun....

And getting to visit with folks like @hardknocks and @casimostocks and many others. Mike gave me my first Zero tolerance, and I am still grateful for that. Marks folder has become iconic in our circlers, and Austin loves showing it to people after years of hard labor….

I well remember your review of the original field knife and the hunting trip that accompanied it way back when Brian. It was a most excellent thread. I sincerely hope our paths cross in the hills or in the field some place, some time, friend.

Good morning all, it's the sub's 7th anniversary or as I call it its birthday. Lots and lotsa new faces in these past few alongside some of the older farts who took up residence who never left. Congrats CPK and CPKers, enjoy the long Fathers Day weekend :)

Back