Harness Jacks- any collectors?

Wow, Duncan, those Queens had needles for punches! Great bone on those 1 of 75s, too.
Not old or interesting patent-wise, but pro'ly my fave, Tidioute #541208P in BCSB (burnt carved stag bone). It's just a big workhorse with beautiful covers.

9F1FRJP.jpg

Last edited:
waynorth waynorth -Charlie I have a question about that locking HJ?

Is this a blade release style? Campbellclanman Campbellclanman -Duncan any idea? I’m thinking of having a locking HJ “made” on a TL-29 frame, so looking for input. Tah!
Thanks, Neal
Neal, that tab you see has a bump, and is attached to the punch tang. It is spring steel, and pops into a notch under the bolster! When you depress the tab it releases the punch to close.
Pretty simple but requires extra machining under the bolster and liner.
neal70 neal70

Campbellclanman Campbellclanman -Duncan I LOVE those Queen/Schatt & Morgan’s! Just a beautiful group. Unlike most, I’m always drawn to Queen. I think being used to Stockman patterns helps, lol. Some things folks don’t like, I just expect to see.
Thanks, Neal

I wonder with the Release of the Lambsfoot, is Charlies mind coming back to the Birth of #11?
GEC is not ready to tackle another punch!! Some day!!!???

Meanwhile, here's an old one with quite a name!! I wonder who made it???o_O It has a Robeson-style punch, and great pick-bone handles!!
Blish, Mize and Silliman H'dwre Co!!!
Blish 1.jpg Blish 2.jpg

Charlie - that HJ is simply Amazing! So Old - so little work!

Markeologist - every time I see those 77’s I just say to myself “ Oh Yeeeah”

One is not a "collection" (at least I don't think it is), so I'm not a "collector", but I am a user now.
I reveived a GEC 852211 Harness Jack yesterday.
Handy/Useful and Pretty it is. :)

The punch is my most used blade in the summer, fall, and winter. Works great removing sandburrs and other thorns from my (adult) trike, bicycle, bicycle trailer, and garden/nursery cart tires. (cart is towed behind the trike.)
Hopefully and preferrably removed before the sandburrs or/and other thorns ventilate the tubes.

The punch also makes a dandy awl. :)

Back