Hell bent for leather

Still loving my leather lanyards. Slowly they are taking over the collection. I thought I'd share a couple pics of how they wear in. They take on a very nice dark shine, almost a burgundy colour, after a few months on use. The one on my jigged-benza is brand new, the other have all seen some carry.

IMG_4231_zpsu5zkjmb4.jpg

IMG_4232_zpsgstnarcj.jpg

Like KC above, I obviously like leather...

9v5Y81xh.jpg

jQfjJtxh.jpg

zZmXltkh.jpg

wish there was someway to put a leather lanyard on a Mnandi though...

KRGTGA8h.jpg

Very nice Ice Man. I notice you cut the tails off. That's an interesting difference. Are they still standard CRK noose-knots?

Am I the only one that hates lanyards? I leave them on the knives in my display case but for EDC I cant stand them

Am I the only one that hates lanyards? I leave them on the knives in my display case but for EDC I cant stand them

I used to hate them too, but somewhere along the line I changed my mind. I have found that they help when drawing the knife, and on the small sizes they can extend your grip. They also ad a little bit of "warmth" to the CRK products, which for the most part are pretty cold looking, if you know what i mean.

Last edited:
Very nice Ice Man. I notice you cut the tails off. That's an interesting difference. Are they still standard CRK noose-knots?

I cut them off because they fray in the long run and it looks cleaner to me... :) Yes, tied it the same way as CRK does... :)

Not everyone is into lanyards. But I know that CRK didn't put them there without any function.

I used to hate them too, but somewhere along the line I changed my mind. I have found that they help when drawing the knife, and on the small sizes they have extend your grip. They also ad a little bit of "warmth" to the CRK products, which for the most part are pretty cold looking, if you know what i mean.

^^^ Exactly!!!

Great looking lanyards. The leather adds a nice touch.

Last edited:
Finally got around to picking up some "Latigo Lace" today at "Michaels" Craft Store. Still trying to decide my knot preference. Pics when i finally get er done.

Finally got around to picking up some "Latigo Lace" today at "Michaels" Craft Store. Still trying to decide my knot preference. Pics when i finally get er done.

The size I spec 'd does fit through the hole as others pointed out to me. You just gotta cut a long angle in it to get it started, then it pulls through easy.

OK I'm inspired. I'll be getting my hands on some leather later.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

My lanyard, so I can put it around my pinky for safety when cutting with more force. Nice when your hands are wet. The knot is a Matthew Walker knot, easy to learn and very nice in form and function. It has a cross on both sides of the knot. Use my lanyard with a safety sling from my old TomTom Ryder. Looped to my jeans and can also be used as a safety loop around the wrist. Two weeks since I got the Sebenza new. My second CRK.

25915811433_13b25f228a_b.jpg

26245836450_c6d4fd65d4_b.jpg

26492841016_f49945fe38_b.jpg

My first, large LH regular.

26246066450_7cb30bfb76_b.jpg

My lanyard, so I can put it around my pinky for safety when cutting with more force. Nice when your hands are wet. The knot is a Matthew Walker knot, easy to learn and very nice in form and function. It has a cross on both sides of the knot. Use my lanyard with a safety sling from my old TomTom Ryder. Looped to my jeans and can also be used as a safety loop around the wrist. Two weeks since I got the Sebenza new. My second CRK.

25915811433_13b25f228a_b.jpg

26245836450_c6d4fd65d4_b.jpg

26492841016_f49945fe38_b.jpg

My first, large LH regular.

26246066450_7cb30bfb76_b.jpg

Nice knot! This might be me here..

I suck at tying lanyards. Heres my attempt...dont know if ill feel comfortable with this hanging out my pocket...scared it may get caught on something ?

Back