Hello! Almost a new member to the Hinderer family.

NM08SRT8

Gold Member
Hey everyone. I am almost at my goal of knife collecting!

Just wanted to do a little introduction to you all since I'll be around for a while :)

I'm Angelo.

I got into knife collecting about 2 years ago. I've always had a facination with knives when I was younger, but never had the abilities to purchase/collect until I got older and had a good job.

It started with a SOG Rescue from daily deal website.. and from there, Spyderco Tenacious, then a few other Spidies, Kershaws. Then I got into more expensive knives, ZT, Brous, CRK.. and now, I am finally about to get my first XM!

She is a early Gen 3 XM-18 3.5" Spanto Flipper with Ti Frag scale.
(Keep an eye out for me for a OE Scale and Ti so I can add it to the knife just in case)

Plans I have is .45 ACP LBS, Skull filler and matching .45/skull clip, with either bronze or blue standoffs all from Hinderer's website.

I'll get you all pictures on Monday when it arrives.

Anyways, Just wanted to give you a introduction of myself, and let you know I'll be lurking around asking plenty of questions as they come to my brain. I'm so excited to be a part of the family and such a wonderful tool.

Welcome to the family Angelo, it makes my day when a friend gets his 1st XM-18. You will love it for sure, is this the 1st real high end knife you've bought besides CRK?

Yes! It was listed here in the sell section..

Almost $1000!!! Lol

But I was able to make a very good deal where we both got what we wanted.

It went in price, ZT 560, Brous, Sebenza, and now XM18

I saw that knife, it's a beauty. If I hadn't bought another Hinderer yesterday, and 2 CRK's today, I might have snagged it myself. You've going to love it! Be sure to post lots of pics when you get it. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Welcome to the club! Your guaranteed to enjoy it for years to come, worth every penny!

Nice to see a new member of the family Angelo. I know you will love it and your additions sound great. Looking forward to seeing photos.

Welcome and nice knife, you are going to enjoy it. I'd recommend roaming through some of the past threads in this subforum, there is lots of information, it helped me to get up to speed on the basics.

Welcome.

There is a wealth of knowledge here, I look forward to the "questions that come to your brain", as often I learn from active discussion that a good question produces.

As stated by RDA (and others) continue to read here, we cover a lot of common topics.

My journey to the XM was similar to yours (and that of so many). As a youth I had several "good" knives. As I learned a bit and could afford them, the knives got greater in quanity, then as I learned even more...the knives I own got better in quality.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352164790.952558.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352164830.869465.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352164776.835676.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352164776.835676.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 8
The Ti Frag feels amazing too. It's the smoothest knive I've ever had, more so than the sebenza I had..

The Ti Frag feels amazing too. It's the smoothest knive I've ever had, more so than the sebenza I had..

My Sebenza is in good company hanging out with a few other nice folders, while most of my XMs get EDCed.

Welcome and congrats on that fine XM.

Be sure to join in on the photo threads.

J.

Back