Hemp Wrapped Fiddlebacks - Rusticwrap Review & Photos

Managed to snag this yesterday.
c7972d08eca4c5f2c2b8821eee7cb878.jpg

I picked up the Runt in the Friday batch. I'm excited to try these wrapped handles.

These rustic wraps are going to make great little edc's. Really low profile in the pocket, and a nice grippy texture to the wrap.

fe0bff920ee31f71e42d881fe5592cf0.jpg

6c37d714a3cfdb936c30cf9ea0e3d923.jpg

I just picked up a rustic today. Looking forward to trying it out. Does anyone know if the tang has been drilled similar to the models with scales?

I just scored an Arete in hemp after patiently waiting for one to appear and am extactic!
I plan on using this everyday and especially on hunting/fishing trips. The question I have is....do you think it will be difficult to clean/sterilize after field dressing game/raw meat prep?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I coat the handles by hand with the epoxy and work it into all of the nooks and cranies. Completely saturate everything. Once it is all dry, light sand to make it uniform, then dipped and brushed with penetrating sealant for a second layer of protection.
Can they be kept up with Howards Feed n wax like the wood ones or would you recommend an alternative?

Can they be kept up with Howards Feed n wax like the wood ones or would you recommend an alternative?

The howards wouldn't do much of anything. If you wanted to reseal it at some point, you could use boil linseed oil or polyurethane. Just my thoughts

Thank you for the valued input. Being a painter at a body shop I considered a flattened urethane clear coat like I use on vehicles but didn't know what you used to seal after the minor sanding of epoxy coat.

Found something that protects and seals up the hemp nicely. It's the Obenauf’s Heavy Duty LP (Leather Preservative) that I use on my Jou'fuu sheath.
I slather it on heavily with fingers, let sit for around 5 minutes, remove excess with microfiber towel carefully while turning the towel to a dry spot and soaking up the excess. Let it dry and it's good to go.

--after applying/before removing excess

--after removal and allowed to dry

Back