Henckels Knives

Well you did one heck of a job on the "only one". What a great barlow and the stag!!! It'd be really hard to improve on that.

Thank you! I do love Barlows...and never had a knife with stag covers like that. Win+win! :D

GE Jr, Beautiful Barlow model which was made by Boker for Henckels from 1991 to 1995. It was offered in both stag and bone, but I prefer the stag model like yours.
It's interesting that while Boker produced Barlow knives at least as far back as 1906, Henckels never produced any Barlow models of their own until contracting out to Boker.

Great info - many thanks!

Waynorth, Thanks Charlie for your kind words and for ordering a book, but more importantly, thanks for supporting this hobby in so many ways!!!

GE Jr, that is some darn nice stag on your Barlow.

tongueriver, Great older stock knife, and the added "oops" pearl model is a mighty fine gentleman's knife. Wonderful condition all around.

Here is an interesting pre-WWII pipe smokers knife with some unique folding implements.
Aside from the main blade and manicure blade, are a spike type tool for poking through the pipe stem hole, a folding tamping tool, and a folding spoon for adding tobacco or cleaning out the bowl.
The handles are genuine stag.

BF Henckels Smokers Knife .jpg

Waynorth, Thanks Charlie for your kind words and for ordering a book, but more importantly, thanks for supporting this hobby in so many ways!!!

GE Jr, that is some darn nice stag on your Barlow.

tongueriver, Great older stock knife, and the added "oops" pearl model is a mighty fine gentleman's knife. Wonderful condition all around.

Here is an interesting pre-WWII pipe smokers knife with some unique folding implements.
Aside from the main blade and manicure blade, are a spike type tool for poking through the pipe stem hole, a folding tamping tool, and a folding spoon for adding tobacco or cleaning out the bowl.
The handles are genuine stag.

View attachment 1553870
That’s so cool

I've never seen a picture of that pattern, Herder. Very nice. At its peak, Henckels offered thousands of knife-related items for sale. Here's a Henckels multiblade from the 1893 Chicago World's Fair. It's 2 inches closed. It's in pretty good shape, but the master blade is down a bit. The purse did a good job of protecting the scales with only light wear on the high points. The scales are very detailed and made out of aluminum, which was somewhat of a novelty at the time. The separate "Germany" stamp is consistent with the early 1890s date. The liners are milled.
fHyOqi0.jpg
2RUwwtf.jpg

Pmgkqki.jpg

Good thread and lovely knives, herder.:thumbsup: I like them all but am partial to the lockback hunter and the slim stag trapper.
Very nice stockman, black mamba.:thumbsup:
Fantastic picnic set, Mike.:thumbsup: The Word's Fair is a nice piece as well.
Great stag barlow, GEjr.:thumbsup:
Very nice pair, tongueriver, I really like the pearl lobster!:thumbsup:
I do not own a Henckels knife, but I am really looking forward to the book. To paraphrase Charlie, knife books are great.

JTB_5, Thanks, and that knife makes me want to smoke a pipe. :)

Mike, Fantastic example of a very rare Henckels folder, and the best one I have seen.
Not only is it a cool multi-blade knife, but as a dated commemorative with wonderful graphics, it's even more special.

danno50, Thanks for ordering a book but be careful, Henckels knives are quite addictive. :)

Fodderwing, I certainly agree on Mike's knife.

Thanks Campbellclanman, and that old Henckels camper model is absolutely wonderful. The warm perfectly fitted stag on that folder would make the finest Swiss chocolate envious. :)

Enclosed is a Boker-made genuine pearl handled knife contracted to Henckels in the early 2000s. This model was part of a limited serialized run.

BF Henckels Boker Pearl .jpg

Thanks waynorth, and yes, there have been some wonderful contributions shown.

I seem to be having a problem posting a proper size picture in this new format.
Can someone offer advice on setting up a full sized picture?

Wish I could help, Neal!! Mine seem to come up themselves - dumb luck; I don't know why!!

Back