Henckels Knives

Now that Sir is a very fine Pruner. That Blade!!!! Like Charlie says - attention to this knife was paid. Gorgeous!

Thanks, waynorth and Campbellclanman.

Old Engineer, another fine old Henckels model with nicely fitted stag handles.

Here is a pre-war bartender's model with cast metal handles.
Wonderful detail shows a Bavarian barmaid hauling some tasty Hefeweizen beer no doubt.

BF Henckels Metal Bartender .jpg

What a surprise Harry, you having a fine Knife with Stag??

Herder - that indeed is a very nice example of a wonderfully detailed Bartender Knife.

Can't find this one in any of the old Henckels Catalogs I have.View attachment 1578081

The large Bowie models with an 8-1/2 inch blade are very uncommon, but this 8-1/2 inch example with a Damascus blade and smaller secondary blade are extremely rare. In looking through multiple catalogs per decade from the 1870s onward, I have not seen this exact model shown. Here is a catalog illustration for the standard large Bowie model (along with another rare large hunting knife) from a 1906 catalog. These models were offered from the 1890s through the 1930s. Your Damascus model would probably date from 1900 to the 1920s. Great knife set you've shown!!!

Henckels Graphic Large Bowies.jpg

Rather new copperhead - probably made by Boker?
sWeqFve.jpg

xFnaQrj.jpg

Augue - now there’s something you don’t see every day - an older Henkels Farmers Jack! and in nice Stag to boot! Nice to see!

The large Bowie models with an 8-1/2 inch blade are very uncommon, but this 8-1/2 inch example with a Damascus blade and smaller secondary blade are extremely rare. In looking through multiple catalogs per decade from the 1870s onward, I have not seen this exact model shown. Here is a catalog illustration for the standard large Bowie model (along with another rare large hunting knife) from a 1906 catalog. These models were offered from the 1890s through the 1930s. Your Damascus model would probably date from 1900 to the 1920s. Great knife set you've shown!!!

View attachment 1578681
Thank you Herder. Thought it may be around that period to correspond with the Damascus folding hunter timeframe.

tiguy7, nice metal handled gentleman's folders with attractive handle shapes.
Henckels offered a wide range of metal handled knives over the years.
Thanks, they're so slim that they disappear in the pocket. The only thing I like better is Titanium scales.

Some nice knives shown, here is a stag Farmers Jack.

View attachment 1579281View attachment 1579282

Augie, nice farmer's jack with an interesting blade stamp on the main blade. While Henckels offered farmer jack models from the 1880s through the 1950s, you don't see them very often.
Here is a pre-WWII example with jigged bone handles. Post war models had synthetic handles.

Henckels Farmers Jack (1200x1192).jpg

Back