Here's a rare one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had known that serious bidders would be interested in this auction, I never would have started this topic and attracted extra attention to it. To me it was just a broken used knife that I thought you guys would be interested in seeing, a very interesting and rare broken used knife, but not something that I thought serious collectors would chase after. I have much to learn obviously...

Best Wishes,
-Bob

......my final word and if you think I say too much I have been a member since before Charlie joined and I'm 2,000 odd posts behind! I used to be a reading only member here before I had the trust to contribute.
Masses of words cannot" justify the unjustifiable",politicians attempt that 8 days a week.
I am old enough and ugly enough to know when someone drops a turd in someones pocket.
That said I guess 'trust 'does not need to be an element essential on this forum and I will continue accordingly.....inevitably leading to betterment of the individual rather than the whole and Bob W I dont believe you did anything wrong in bringing an interesting Schrade item to this Schrade collector forum.its the way it was used which is inherently wrong IMHO. Roo Hoo

You know Larry, you are making a whole bunch of wrong assumptions here. I was going to ignore this for the good of the forum, just like I told you in my email, but you really are making a spectacle of this, and of yourself.
It seems to boil down to the fact that you don't understand the way I think about public auctions, and you get all defensive and worked up about it. "Masses of words" aren't that hard to understand if you open your mind a little. I hear your point of view, and don't agree with it, But I defend your right to that point of view. I don't start slinging "turds"!!

Larry,
You know, I believe that things happen for a reason. I gotta believe that that reason is that I'll be going to the NKCA show on Friday and I believe that I'll find an incredible knife that I otherwise would have passed up because I had just purchased the 2OT. The 2OT is in good hands I do believe and will be well taken care of and that's just as important to me as owning it. Now, if I could only figure out just what that beautiful knife will be that I'll be purchasing on Friday is going to be, I'm set. I believe that you're looking out for the little guy and I appreciate it. In this case, I'm satisfied with what Charlie has said and know that there was absolutely no bad intentions on his part. Now, if I could get you to work on some other guys on Ebay who are not a part of this forum, that would be great. I just put about $3000 into my kitchen over the past week and that's cutting into my knife collection a little.

Plus, I may have made a discovery on some Schrade knives that I may be able to pick up a bunch of them at a very reasonable price. If this pans out, Charlie will have done me a favor.

Thanks D.& B. I guess I am disappointed on your behalf mate.
Charlie...I'Ve been a professional auctioneer for past 20 years now what do I need to learn again... and dont bother sending me foull emails again. Hoo Roo

Larry,
Why do you find it so necessary to make comments on these threads that cause everything to get blown out of proportion and hard feelings to form where there otherwise wouldn't have been any?! There's absolutely nothing to be gained by it and a whole lot to be lost, not the least of which is freindships. For someone who keeps gushing over what a great group of people we have here, I would think you would be a little more aware of how you keep driving a spike right though them.

Eric

Guys,
Before things get out of hand, let's just leave this that Charlie and I are absolutely fine with the way things happened. Let's not get ourselves worked up over something that no longer really matters. I can appreciate Larry wanting to stick up for someone and I like that about him. Sure, he likes to make sure his point is heard, but that's okay. The important thing here is that we do have a bunch of good folks on here and the thought of losing folks over something as trivial as an auction is not worth it and for that matter, neither would the knife be worth losing folks over. If I was a moderator, I'd delete the post but I can't. So as a favor to me, can we let this one go and move down to the depths of lost threads? Really, in the grand scheme of life, this is pretty trivial. Besides, I'll probably be on here gloating about all the great buys I got this weekend and will have forgotten all about this. On another note, be on the lookout as I'll be making a purchase pretty soon of a bunch of Schrades and Joel, if you're reading this, I may be able to get my hands on a birdhook just for you. If I do, we'll make a trip to Illinois and do some trading.

Thanks guys!

There was nothing foul about my email, Hoo Roo man! I tried to be reasonable, and you know it!! I'll forward it to anyone who wants to see it!!
More gratuitous slander!!

I apologize to everyone here for letting this go over the top.
No one needs this nonsense;
Sorry,
Charlie

Ackkkkkkkk! What's going on here??? We don't provide this website so potential bidders in an auction can conspire to affect the results of the auction. You shouldn't even be talking about an active auction here. Just because you use a nickname to post does not make you immune from prosecution, either....

If you see an interesting knife offered for auction and you want to post about it on the forum, make a note of it and post after the auction is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back