HEST Folder - photos in hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad i ordered the Mr.Dp version, it looks awesome. I was planning on making it a user but that coating is too nice.

So the detent ball is not for reducing wear on the titanium framelock from contact with the blade once in the opened position, forgive my ignorance as i do not know that much about folders, so what is the function of the " detent ball "?.

R.A.T.

Randall's Adventure & Training
It's nothing more than a bearing ball that keeps the whole side of the Framelock from rubbing on the side of the balde when it is opened and closed. In other words the only thing touching the blade portion as it opens or closes is a small steel ball.

I'm still lost. what washer?

this guy, highlighted in red. isn't that a washer of some sort?

hestfolderproto4.jpg

Great pictures!
Awesome blade.
Can't wait to hear stories from the first receivers on using this beautie!
Looks like it's ready for business.

and there's the pics that some wanted and waited to see.

thanks, Jeff - pd long ago....just loving the fact #67 is headed my way in a short period of time. :)

Those look sweet. I can't wait...think i'm gonna get one with the green scale.

R.A.T.

Randall's Adventure & Training
That's the RotoBlock that locks the frame lock with a simple twist so it can't accidentally disengage

DH1

Next time you've got the camera out, can we get a pic of the thickness of the knife in your hand?

This thing is looking great, I'm glad I pre-ordered one long ago.

But d00000d how do we know if the beer opener really works? Pics or it didn't happen!

Those look awesome.

For those curious about the rotoblock, check youtube for 'lionsteel rotoblock' there are one or two videos that show it being used on the SR1 I think it is that Lionsteel puts out. Neat feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.